Unpopular Opinions

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I feel like I really shouldn't, but I really liked and still like everything about the 90's purple and green Bucks. Like, I don't know if it's just being a 90's kid and the natural nostalgia attacks that come with it or if it's a genuine design tastes thing, but for some reason I look at this:

hi-res-1702136_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

And my brain is like, "yep, looks good!" Although admittedly I think for long-term purposes I'd have switched the purple and green around to make the jersey green primarily, like their alternate was. 

I was reading the text above the picture and thinking the text below the picture. That template would've looked good in green with purple trim instead of the other way around. Would've looked better than both the purple regular road jerseys and the crappy buck-head green alternate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I always liked purple and green too.... I always wanted to see another team use it (Kings or Jazz could work.).

It has worked for the Jazz, actually (1979-84).

g2iiqas4fqw89u6cjfwn9yt9y.gifhhqybfbhexdf4tx4ffgeleak9.gif

Admittedly, they didn't put much green on the homes or much purple on the roads. Some purple trim on those green jerseys would've gone a long way.

19 hours ago, Bmac said:

I thought the Pirates throwback thing would be great once or twice a season as a fun thing. After seeing those in use, however, it's obvious how poorly designed that uniform is.

Also the picture you used for the Diamondbacks isn't that bad. It's the shoulder design that ruins the whole look.

The shoulder design isn't bad, IMO. It's the side panels on the jerseys that need to go. Take those away and you have a nice modern look. With the side panels, though, they come a little too close to batting practice jerseys for comfort.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, Chauncey917 said:

Although I very much dislike the pseudo camouflage rubbish on the shoulders and stripes, I do like the Cowboys' khaki uniform look. It's a good choice for an alt. Nix the camo crap and it's pretty sharp.  

university-of-wyoming-football-uniforms.

Am I missing something? That doesn't look khaki to me, it looks grey...

On 5/3/2016 at 9:07 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

I feel like I really shouldn't, but I really liked and still like everything about the 90's purple and green Bucks. Like, I don't know if it's just being a 90's kid and the natural nostalgia attacks that come with it or if it's a genuine design tastes thing, but for some reason I look at this:

hi-res-1702136_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

And my brain is like, "yep, looks good!" Although admittedly I think for long-term purposes I'd have switched the purple and green around to make the jersey green primarily, like their alternate was. 

It was an alright look until they added silver numbers and green sidepanels.

bSLCtu2.png

I really love the St. Louis Blues' jerseys from '85 to '98, the so-called "red" era. Those jerseys, especially the numbers on the home, were damn amazing looking in my mind. The only problem I have with them is, I don't think they ever found a great balance for the red. Either they had too little of it...
oates_hull300.jpg

...or way too much:
GretzkyBlues.jpg

Like, they could've either thickened the red stripes a bit on the former, or straightened & lowered the staff pattern on the latter, and I bet it would've looked a lot better. Still, I really miss that royal blue/yellow/red colour scheme. Makes me wish another team would run with it, especially since the Blues won't.

• Like 1

lgv5ssjmmchyoe66kkvh0tlzd.gif

This is a terrible logo and I'm hopeful that the Pistons will never bring this back. Any basketball team can use this as their logo and yes, the same can be said about the current one but at least that one has a little bit more character. IMO, the best logo they've ever used was the one from 2001/02-2004/05 (and even that one screams 90's).

• Like 3

Can't post a photo right now as I'm on a Windows Phone (don't get one btw), but I think the Mets' blue road alts with the grey numbers are better than either the blue home alts or the regular roads. Undecided on how they stack up to the home pinstripes.

On 5/7/2016 at 1:13 AM, mcj882000 said:

I really love the St. Louis Blues' jerseys from '85 to '98, the so-called "red" era. Those jerseys, especially the numbers on the home, were damn amazing looking in my mind. The only problem I have with them is, I don't think they ever found a great balance for the red. Either they had too little of it...
oates_hull300.jpg

...or way too much:
GretzkyBlues.jpg

Like, they could've either thickened the red stripes a bit on the former, or straightened & lowered the staff pattern on the latter, and I bet it would've looked a lot better. Still, I really miss that royal blue/yellow/red colour scheme. Makes me wish another team would run with it, especially since the Blues won't.

Since The Florida Panthers are doing a logo change this year, perhaps they'll get it right.

Bulls need a gentle rebrand that moves on from the Jordan era but doesn't go whole hog with a lot of stupid design elements.  Something like the Bucks would be a really tremendous starting point.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

21 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

lgv5ssjmmchyoe66kkvh0tlzd.gif

This is a terrible logo and I'm hopeful that the Pistons will never bring this back. Any basketball team can use this as their logo and yes, the same can be said about the current one but at least that one has a little bit more character. IMO, the best logo they've ever used was the one from 2001/02-2004/05 (and even that one screams 90's).

I'm usually against recolors, but the Pistons made it work. This is mostly because they kept the 1990's font when they updated the "Bad Boys" uniform set, and because those logos ('90's as they may be) still have far more personality than a diagram of a piston.

444.gife451xq79hj1fo4yh642jpbjll.gif 

I'd love it if they did a more "1960's muscle car/vintage auto" identity with the classic colors, but the recolored "horsepower" set is the best in their history.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

Bulls need a gentle rebrand that moves on from the Jordan era but doesn't go whole hog with a lot of stupid design elements.  Something like the Bucks would be a really tremendous starting point.

I respect your viewpoint, but in all the years of browsing concepts here, I have never seen anyone do a better version of the Bulls' logo than the one they have now, and there has been no shortage of attempts. I don't see what the Bulls have to gain by moving on from the Jordan era when Chicago Bulls merchandise is still a top seller here and abroad. Granted, I wouldn't mind Chicago on the roads the way the Celtics finally put Boston on theirs, but as far as home whites go, there's nothing to improve. No one who goes to a Bulls game should ever see them in anything else, and that goes for all the dopey alternates and one-offs they keep putting out, too.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/10/2016 at 11:51 PM, MCM0313 said:

Can't post a photo right now as I'm on a Windows Phone (don't get one btw), but I think the Mets' blue road alts with the grey numbers are better than either the blue home alts or the regular roads. Undecided on how they stack up to the home pinstripes.

Here we go. These. I love these:

7246738.jpg

• Like 2

I like those too.  I think the gray looks great, particularly atop the gray pants (I don't watch enough to know whether they wear these at home too).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)