Unpopular Opinions

I'm not sure I'd ever want the Bucs to go back to the creamsicles, but it's not for the reason you think.

It's a great uniform. Great colors. Super Floridian. But....dang it every time I see Bucco Bruce, I see Gob Bluth instead and I can't take them seriously.

VhdIlB5.gif

Not that it's Bucco's fault at all, seeing as he predates Gob by almost 30 years, but still! I seriously can't unsee Gob dressed like a pirate playing tricks (er, illusions) with my head. :P 

• Like 8

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I think the Copperplate font looks great for Golden State, and I'm glad when teams can pull off a unique font so well.

This is a top-5 all time unpopular opinion.  Not sure how anyone could agree.  The sizing and kerning of the letters around the logo is awful, and NBA teams probably shouldn't use a common font from Microsoft Word.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm not sure I'd ever want the Bucs to go back to the creamsicles, but it's not for the reason you think.

It's a great uniform. Great colors. Super Floridian. But....dang it every time I see Bucco Bruce, I see Gob Bluth instead and I can't take them seriously.

VhdIlB5.gif

Not that it's Bucco's fault at all, seeing as he predates Gob by almost 30 years, but still! I seriously can't unsee Gob dressed like a pirate playing tricks (er, illusions) with my head. :P 

Everything the homosexuals do is so dramatic and flamboyant, it makes me want to set myself on fire!

Or perhaps it would be better if I said, "FinsUp1214, you blowhard!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trapper John said:

These are awesome!

FullFlyingV.jpg

You know I agree. For a team that isn't really named after anything like the Canucks something like this is perfect.

I'd like to see the team wearing this today. 

On 15/07/2016 at 7:58 PM, Trapper John said:

These are awesome!

FullFlyingV.jpg

I've always felt that the away black Flying V was quite spectacular looking. It was always the home yellow one I thought looked awful:
nill_b.jpg
There's just something about the way the colours are distributed on it that I find a little revolting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

SP13_BB_MarchMadness_UNI_Group_Shot_hd_1

I love basketball uniforms with a logo on them as opposed to a wordmark. It can be a refreshing change of pace. 

im totally with you there.

the problem though is usually (and this photo is a great example) that there is a lack of hierarchy and/or contrast between logo and number. here, all the numbers and logos are the same size and most of them the same color. an extra problem here is that when the logo and numbers are the same color, theres this 1 stupid thing that makes them different, not in a good way but an ugly, oversight kind of way – like the Texas number having a white stroke. why!? and personally, i prefer a symmetrical logo in these applications. 

• Like 1

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

nashin2003alt.jpg

Pictured here is my favorite Blue Jackets look. While the black may look out of place for some, I think it adds a much-needed punch to the sweater (one that the current phantom yoke doesn't provide). I also like the prominence of the stars and the proper hem stripe, again adding to the refined boldness of the uniform. I would love it if the Jackets revived this and made a matching white version (with navy replacing black), provided they replace the "Jackets Blue" logo with the kepi or cannon logo.

• Like 5

Is that Blue Jackets yoke black or dark blue?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Black.  Hard to go darker than navy.

Actually, traditional Navy blue looks like black with a blue tint.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Although I'm aware there exists a near-universal consensus to the contrary, I ADORE the Nuggets' multi-color skyline looks ....

Even less popular an opinion - the #44 jersey in the middle - without a guy inside? Maybe my favorite uniform ever.  I'm aware of the visual dissonance the green seems to cause, but I can't help it. The heart wants what the heart wants.

jjdAX5Q.png

• Like 2

wS7MJ6T.png

Interesting that the composite of Nuggets uniforms shows that their colors have always been blue and yellow, more or less, but I still never think of them as a blue and yellow team the way I would the Warriors or Pacers because they've had so many gimmicks: the rainbows, the dark-and-fade, the baby blue, the numerous overexposed alternates. I wouldn't be averse to some totally new color scheme for them. DIdn't they have an alternate this year that was black, white, and pale ice blue? Try that full-time. It would get away from gold, as in gold nuggets, but they've gotta try something novel. Their branding has been a mess for years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫