Unpopular Opinions

I'm surprised on how unpopular this is, but I cannot stand the Giants (or almost any team for that matter) wearing grey pants. I don't know what the love is for them (maybe because their "vintage"), but they look so out of place and it's not part of their color scheme. The only color outside of their color scheme that they should being using for their pants is white because it's a neutral color.

Image result for new york giants

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm surprised on how unpopular this is, but I cannot stand the Giants (or almost any team for that matter) wearing grey pants. I don't know what the love is for them (maybe because their "vintage"), but they look so out of place and it's not part of their color scheme. The only color outside of their color scheme that they should being using for their pants is white because it's a neutral color.

I know that I am crossing sports, but grey is considered a neutral colour in baseball, so it works for me.

Plus, for me, that picture is exactly how the Giants should look because that's all that i remember. 

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

46 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I know that I am crossing sports, but grey is considered a neutral colour in baseball, so it works for me.

But this isn't baseball; it's football. And at least in baseball, teams that wear both white and grey match the rest of the league. In football, however, it's either your team color or white.

12 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

But this isn't baseball; it's football. And at least in baseball, teams that wear both white and grey match the rest of the league. In football, however, it's either your team color or white.

I'd argue that grey is a relatively neutral color in football too, even if only for a small detail such as facemasks.. There's a reason grey was the standard facemask color for years, and has been the "default" stock color pretty much forever.. Also, with the giants - I don't think teams have any obligation to match grey facemasks to any other uniform element, but the giants do a nice job tying the grey facemask and pants together.. It kinda completes the look in my opinion and really helps make those grey pants more appropriate 

• Like 1

This...

f2TeS2q.png

Is better than this:

OvnNUNs.png

The Florida Panthers logo should have never been in changed in this logo enthusiast's opinion.  While you can argue that it's over detailed, that style gives it it's energy, uniqueness, and even charm.  It looks like a high powered, hockey logo that managed adopt new aesthetic choices without sacrificing staying power.  There's a reason why this logo lasted well beyond the 90's and I think the organization made a huge mistake ditching it for a tired, military shield.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Morgo said:

This...

f2TeS2q.png

Is better than this:

OvnNUNs.png

The Florida Panthers logo should have never been in changed in this logo enthusiast's opinion.  While you can argue that it's over detailed, that style gives it it's energy, uniqueness, and even charm.  It looks like a high powered, hockey logo that managed adopt new aesthetic choices without sacrificing staying power.  There's a reason why this logo lasted well beyond the 90's and I think the organization made a huge mistake ditching it for a tired, military shield.

That's an unpopular opinion?

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

On 9/1/2016 at 8:05 PM, johnnysama said:

LSU's football team should wear their purple jerseys more often. Sure, the white ones are classic, but the purple ones look great, too. :D

On a semi-related note, donno whether it's been said before, but unlucky or not, the Dallas Cowboys should wear their blue jerseys more often, as well.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

This...

f2TeS2q.png

Is better than this:

OvnNUNs.png

I had to make sure I was in the right thread after reading this

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That's an unpopular opinion?

Unless every journalist who reviewed the re-design and the majority of posters on these boards had a sudden change of heart, yes.  I don't remember any outrage at the logo change and many said the re-design produced the best look in Panthers history.  Also recall hearing from many that the Panther's original logo was too detailed, too 90's and needed to be changed.

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

I had to make sure I was in the right thread after reading this

See above.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Completely agree. The Giants look so much better with white pants, and they match the rest of the jersey far more. The greys just look drab, and don't match any other uniform elements, to boot.

Even though the Lakers went to seven finals (and won five of them) in their current uniforms, I kinda wish they'd come up with a new set to signify a new era of Lakers Basketball.  Maybe they could even bring back the giraffe in some way. Keep the home golds though!

Another unpopular opinion: I like the Hollywood Nights sleeved jerseys.  Ouch.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 9/6/2016 at 2:30 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

As much as I hate the uniform, their facemask is grey too.

Like I said, they need to go back to this,

Image result for 1984 New York GiantsImage result for 1984 New York Giants

• Like 1

You know what, while we are in unpopular opinions. I got to say this at least. What is wrong with,

Image result for 2002 Houston Astros

If the color was navy blue instead of black, the brick red would of looked awesome. At least it's great. But you can't strip me from the rainbow guts!

Then people seem to not like,

Image result for 1995 Indianapolis Colts blue pants

At least they didn't add silver like they did from 1982-1986! Wrong move on their behalf!

Oops forgot to mention this stupid look!

Image result for Los Angeles Kings 2000 purple

When they added this nightmare, I couldn't even sleep at night to think what their new colors would be. Purple, Black, Silver, and Mustard Gold? OH GOD!

I like me the black and silver KINGS!!! ^_^ I do miss the purple and athletic gold Kings of back then, but if they changed into this it was alright. But going Sacramento Kings made them look stupid by 2000's.

Image result for Los Angeles Kings 1990

• Like 1