Unpopular Opinions

17 hours ago, ZEGH82 said:

Yeah like to me I think college players are actually playing because they love the sport. NFL most of the time just seems like they're in it for the money. Also, the rivalries are really intense in college. NFL not really. 

Uh, no.

They're playing for a scholarship (and at many big schools a few other benefits), all the trappings of major college ball, and a chance to reach the NFL to make big money.

Yours is a quaint, antiquated and anachronistic notion. Not true now and never was.

(If we're talking about the lower college levels, sure. But definitely not Julio Jones and Alabama.)

There's also nothing wrong with being in your job for the money, especially one where you could end up with brain damage.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

My all-time favourite New York Rangers jersey:
S1GL1aU.jpg
Not even just the "NEW YORK" logo either, the gapped stripes - that actually match the white jersey, too - look so good on that jersey to me. :D

It is pretty symmetrical. I don't follow hockey all that closely - when did they wear these?

On 2/4/2017 at 3:34 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

The original New Orleans Hornets road uniforms were a thousand times better than the pinstriped version

New Orleans Hornets v San Antonio Spurs : News Photo

I like the idiosyncratic originals (although the lack of pinstripes on the shorts bothers me), but this set really worked well for a New Orleans-based team. Just adding yellow to the teal-and-purple (and changing the shades a bit) kept the franchise's continuity going while simultaneously representing its new city.

20 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It is pretty symmetrical. I don't follow hockey all that closely - when did they wear these?

Like insert name said, from 1978-79 to 1986-87. They replaced the "NEW YORK" with "RANGERS" that year, but that striping pattern stayed until 1996-97, when they mashed 'em together and eliminated the gaps, which is how it looked before 1976-77.

Not exactly where to put this, but I found this image of the Preds old Mustard alt. I know a lot of people hate it, but I always thought it was a great design... Just a terrible color... I know all of this was talked about a while ago, but I don't remember which thread it was.

nashville-predators-paul-kariya-268-park

It's actually yellow! I know that the image was tinkered with, but it looks much better!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

Devil Rays >>>>>>>>>>>> Rays

I think if the team had been called the Rays from 1998 and they considered rebranding to the Devil Rays, it would have been met with total opposition from this board. For the 90s, it fit, but if it happened in reverse, 2008-era baseball fans would have seen it as minor league-ish.

• Like 1
3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 2/6/2017 at 8:14 AM, Ray Lankford said:

image.jpegThis is a great combination and the Padres should wear it during the regular season.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, hawk36 said:

Wait, I fixed it :)

SDPFix.jpg

I like BOTH of these, as is.  Bring back that one-off All-Star game uniform from 2016 and it's perfect.

And this is coming from a Dodgers fan.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png