Unpopular Opinions

1 hour ago, Matito said:

I think if the team had been called the Rays from 1998 and they considered rebranding to the Devil Rays, it would have been met with total opposition from this board. For the 90s, it fit, but if it happened in reverse, 2008-era baseball fans would have seen it as minor league-ish.

I think they could have split the difference and just been the "Stingrays." It's one word (a two syllable one at that), refers to an aquatic animal (albeit one that looks somewhat different from a Devil Ray), and it doesn't have the connotations of failure that "Devil Rays" has.

• Like 1

The Dolphins current logo and uniforms are a superb update to their previous set. Considering how tame it is for a modern look, they don't deserve all the hate that they receive here. 

• Like 8

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 minutes ago, Chawls said:

The Dolphins current logo and uniforms are a superb update to their previous set. Considering how tame it is for a modern look, they don't deserve all the hate that they receive here. 

The hate is more for the Dolphins Resort & Spa/Cruise Line/Travel Agency/Toothpaste logo and the minimal use of orange than it is the simplicity of the design.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

The hate is more for the Dolphins Resort & Spa/Cruise Line/Travel Agency/Toothpaste logo and the minimal use of orange than it is the simplicity of the design.

Also the fact that the update left the team's logo without a face for the first time in their history.

• Like 1

The Dolphins could use a tad more orange I suppose, but the main issue isn't the amount they're using. I think the issue is that both the aqua and orange were brightened in the update, so now they don't contrast as well as they use to, making it difficult to see the orange outlines from afar. Despite that, I love the brighten colors; it's very tropical-y. The previous logo and uniforms will always hold a special place in my heart, but the update overall was nice. I love the consistency with the striping and number font (they literally match) and I'm a sucker for custom fonts (though I would've preferred a different kind of custom font). While I do think the logo is a bit of a downgrade, it's not that bad. I think it's pretty tolerable.

And whether this is an unpopular opinion or not (it probably is), the Dolphins won the 2013 rebrands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Dolphins could use a tad more orange I suppose, but the main issue isn't the amount they're using. I think the issue is that both the aqua and orange were brightened in the update, so now they don't contrast as well as they use to, making it difficult to see the orange outlines from afar. Despite that, I love the brighten colors; it's very tropical-y. The previous logo and uniforms will always hold a special place in my heart, but the update overall was nice. I love the consistency with the striping and number font (they literally match) and I'm a sucker for custom fonts (though I would've preferred a different kind of custom font). While I do think the logo is a bit of a downgrade, it's not that bad. I think it's pretty tolerable.

And whether this is an unpopular opinion or not (it probably is), the Dolphins won the 2013 rebrands.

Orange is actually my favorite color,and it's sad that so few clubs use that color that much.

• Like 1

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

18 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

This is the correct answer.

The aqua looks particularly poor on anything but a bright sunny day.

On 2/1/2017 at 11:32 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Two random ones:

1) Of all the Flying Elvis uniforms, this one looks best to me (even with the mismatched number color):

IMG_5722.JPG

I have always found this uniform fascinating. We will never see this major an overhaul spiral into a one-off uniform... the number font seems ahead of its time in hindsight. I would love to see this uniform brought back as a quirky alternate/throwback on a night to, say, add Drew Bledsoe to the Pats' Ring of Honor.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I like the thick collars on NFL jerseys. The Eagles and Broncos both look great with it. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Texans have the thick collar too. I'd take it over the shirt collar (Rams, Saints, Bengals) any day.

Truly an unpopular opinion, you win.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I am not exactly sure of how popular or unpopular this is but, I hate the Twins gold accents. I think they would look way better with powder blue instead

I don't think that's unpopular... That urine-gold color looks awful. They had the perfect set in team history before. A beautiful home jersey, with pinstripes; a great cream throwback; a fantastic road jersey and script, and a fantastic road alt. 

I am still glad they have the road sets however...

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10