Unpopular Opinions

On 2/18/2017 at 4:10 AM, slikye1 said:

Derrick-Johnson.jpg

JamalLewisRAVENSjersey.jpg

don't know it's an unpopular opinion or not, but i love jerseys with players' first name on.

it seems that they were disappeared in the nba, and only few players wear them in nfl, such as Derrick Johnson

You mean first initial. A very few players have had their full first names but it's always been extremely rare. I agree with your point, though.

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I think Red and Green make a fantastic and underused colour scheme, and I don't understand the "but it looks like Christmas" criticism. Nobody rags on the Flyers for wearing Halloween colours. 

...or the SF Giants, or the Orioles, or the Bengals...

Side note, I've also always thought of bright fluorescent/phosphorescent green as sort of both a summer color and a Halloween color. I guess the latter is due to early-childhood experiences at haunted houses in the late 1980s. 

I agree with the point that red and green can be a good color scheme, but I think designers have to be more careful with it than with others, because it CAN look very Christmas-like (kinda like black and orange CAN look very Halloween-like; thanks, Bengals).

On 2/18/2017 at 4:10 AM, slikye1 said:

don't know it's an unpopular opinion or not, but i love jerseys with players' first name on.

it seems that they were disappeared in the nba, and only few players wear them in nfl, such as Derrick Johnson

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

You mean first initial. A very few players have had their full first names but it's always been extremely rare. I agree with your point, though.

On top of that, when I think of Jamal Lewis, I think of the Super Bowl when he had to go 2 letters due to Jermaine Lewis

jan-2001-defensive-back-sam-garnes-of-th

And when it comes to full names, automatically think of Darrent Williams

gerard-warren-left-and-darrent-williams-

• Like 1

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

For a while there, the Titans had an interesting deal with initials and full names...

They had multiple Joneses, including Pacman Jones, who had P. Jones instead of A. Jones... So his nickname initial on his jersey.

At the same time, they had both Todd Williams and Clevan "Tank" Williams. So his jersey said "TANK WILLIAMS" in full, instead of C. Williams.

Contrarily, the Dallas Stars once had K. Hatcher on a defense pair with Hatcher (right after the trade) and then D. Hatcher playing with his initial shortly after his brother was traded to Pittsburgh.

Currently, Jamie and Jordie Benn both just wear "Benn" with their numbers being the differentiator.

• Like 1

These...

suns home.gifsuns away.gifsuns alt.gif

...are the most overrated uniform set of all time. In fact, I would say that the modern-day version of them are much better. The gaudy, prime 90s giant sun across the front, purple, gradients on the logo, the asymmetrical shorts with "Phoenix" written on them... while the 90s in particular are extremely overrated, this takes the cake in my mind.

*ducks*

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

4 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

These...

...are the most overrated uniform set of all time. In fact, I would say that the modern-day version of them are much better. The gaudy, prime 90s giant sun across the front, purple, gradients on the logo, the asymmetrical shorts with "Phoenix" written on them... while the 90s in particular are extremely overrated, this takes the cake in my mind.

*ducks*

IMG_8186.GIF

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

These...

*ducks*

You can say these are overrated all you want, but there's no way the current ones beat them. Not in a million years.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2017 at 8:36 PM, Chromatic said:

I think Red and Green make a fantastic and underused colour scheme, and I don't understand the "but it looks like Christmas" criticism. Nobody rags on the Flyers for wearing Halloween colours. 

To piggyback off of this, Am I the only one here who thinks green and yellow is the most underrated and underutilized color scheme out there?

• Like 1

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

1 minute ago, NoE38 said:

To piggyback off of this, Am I the only one here who thinks green and gold is the most underrated and underutilized color scheme out there?

Metallic gold, or yellow? I like both with green, but I'm not sure I'd agree with such a grandiose statement...not with purple-and-baby-blue almost never seen, or the '90s awesomeness of purple-and-teal, or UNC-Wilmington's wonderful scheme of teal-navy-champagne...I may be getting into unpopular opinion territory myself here.

22 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Metallic gold, or yellow? I like both with green, but I'm not sure I'd agree with such a grandiose statement...not with purple-and-baby-blue almost never seen, or the '90s awesomeness of purple-and-teal, or UNC-Wilmington's wonderful scheme of teal-navy-champagne...I may be getting into unpopular opinion territory myself here.

I do agree about unique colour schemes. The make each league more unique. I was talking about green and yellow.

• Like 1

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

4 hours ago, NoE38 said:

To piggyback off of this, Am I the only one here who thinks green and yellow is the most underrated and underutilized color scheme out there?

I wouldn't call it underrated, its pretty popular. Underutilized perhaps. Its pretty iconic for the Packers and Athletics, and once Seattle gets the Sonics back, and if it gets an NHL team, there will be a solid presence in all 4 leagues once again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

You can say (the 1990s Suns uniforms) are overrated all you want, but there's no way the current ones beat them. Not in a million years.

I agree that the 1990s Suns uniforms are overrated.  I also agree that the current uniforms are even worse.  Either way, I'll take the 1980s "PHOENIX" uniforms over the overrated Barkley set.  And how's this for unpopular...I'll take the 2000-2012 uniforms with GFGS over all of 'em  I felt like the gray fit in nicely.  The only thing that did not work for me were the ovals behind the numbers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)