Unpopular Opinions

I want to say the new Florida Panthers sweaters are top-5 in the league...

but I hesitate to say it, because I'm scared someone will ask me to actually rank them in some tangible form.... and i'm not prepared to do that....

the moral of the story is that the new panthers jerseys are seriously great. i love them. i need a Jagr.

6 minutes ago, Bmac said:

@Ice_Cap the image is posted wasn't exactly a concept, just FYI. It was an unused proposed uniform set made by a designer working directly for the NHL. Can be found in the "Unused Logo and Uinforms" thread.

My mistake. Feel free to repost it.

2 hours ago, ColeJ said:

but I hesitate to say it, because I'm scared someone will ask me to actually rank them in some tangible form.... and i'm not prepared to do that....

the moral of the story is that the new panthers jerseys are seriously great. i love them. i need a Jagr.

They're definitely a step up from their old sweaters but I'd be hard pressed to put them anywhere near the top 5. I hate that the chest stripe doesn't wrap all the way around, and the absence of blue from the striping despite being such an important part of their colour scheme bothers me.

On 2017/2/20 at 1:09 AM, MCM0313 said:

You mean first initial. A very few players have had their full first names but it's always been extremely rare. I agree with your point, though.

Yes that's what i mean:PJust don't know how to express it in english.;)

On 2017/2/20 at 4:07 AM, TornadoGTS said:

On top of that, when I think of Jamal Lewis, I think of the Super Bowl when he had to go 2 letters due to Jermaine Lewis

jan-2001-defensive-back-sam-garnes-of-th

And when it comes to full names, automatically think of Darrent Williams

gerard-warren-left-and-darrent-williams-

Wow, if nba teams still do so, Markieff and Marcus Morris in the same team will be interesting.

23 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

These...

suns home.gifsuns away.gifsuns alt.gif

...are the most overrated uniform set of all time. In fact, I would say that the modern-day version of them are much better. The gaudy, prime 90s giant sun across the front, purple, gradients on the logo, the asymmetrical shorts with "Phoenix" written on them... while the 90s in particular are extremely overrated, this takes the cake in my mind.

*ducks*

To be honest, I despise these uniforms. I find purple and black to be a terribly muddled and dark color scheme, and honestly, I can only take purple and orange in limited doses. I love purple-and-gold, but think orange should be limited to use as a trim color against purple (which is more or less is here, fortunately).

The incredibly gaudy sun, clip art wordmark, gradients, text on shorts, and unnecessary BFBS, all make this a textbook example of terrible uniform design. It might evoke nostalgia, but the design is much better left in the past.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ColeJ said:

I like the actual uniform design but I don't like the logo. It's better served as a shoulder patch. Should have just cleaned up the original logo like on the helmets (or better yet left it alone). I also hate dropping the amazing stick/palm tree logo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VikWings said:

I like the actual uniform design but I don't like the logo. It's better served as a shoulder patch. Should have just cleaned up the original logo like on the helmets (or better yet left it alone). I also hate dropping the amazing stick/palm tree logo.

It is one of those occasions where the uniform is an upgrade but, the logo is a downgrade

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Here's another one from yours truly: Hot pink (255-0-255 in RGB) is an awesome color. It's less girly to me than other shades of pink and more just super intense. I'd love to see it in the pros someday.

I honestly think pink is a cool color for usage in a sports team. When you put black and pink together it looks even more clean. Bret hart has proven that

• Like 3

22 hours ago, San Diego said:

The Power Rangers Warriors uniforms are much better than the current set. 

Figures a Chargers fan would like uniforms with thunderbolts streaking down the sides.

I do think the later, less gaudy version of that uni deserves more love though...and I swear I'm not just saying that because those were the uniforms they wore when I grew up watching them.

• Like 3

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't get soccer uniforms, at least most of them, but I agree.

Here's my unpopular opinion... 

I hate soccer jerseys...

It seems like every year they're switched up, and the only thing that stays the same is the ad in the front. And then I don't understand the clash kit. I mean I get why they have it, and that makes sense, but they almost never seem to share any of the same colors, or the same design. 

Almost every other sport follows some unspoken uniform rules, but soccer doesn't really follow anything... 

• Like 8

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Here's my unpopular opinion... 

I hate soccer jerseys...

It seems like every year they're switched up, and the only thing that stays the same is the ad in the front. And then I don't understand the clash kit. I mean I get why they have it, and that makes sense, but they almost never seem to share any of the same colors, or the same design. 

Almost every other sport follows some unspoken uniform rules, but soccer doesn't really follow anything... 

It had to be said. Thank you.