Unpopular Opinions

I hate the brewers glove logo and I prefer that they wear navy and gold to royal and yellow. Having said that, I'dreally like to see them start over with something new since they have this weird mix and not-match of two different eras going on now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

I hate the brewers glove logo and I prefer that they wear navy and gold to royal and yellow. Having said that, I'dreally like to see them start over with something new since they have this weird mix and not-match of two different eras going on now. 

I always thought the Brewers should've expanded on their fan jersey from 2012

image.jpg

image.jpg

I actually think mine is the unpopular opinion...that jersey looked like a fashion jersey.  And Beer Barrel Man is a terrible, terrible logo.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 3/7/2017 at 4:46 PM, Chromatic said:

The problem with the yellow helmets is that they don't match the shade of gold used on the uniforms.

Then again that's with basically every helmet color

• Like 1

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Then again that's with basically every helmet color

In football too. When the helmet is gloss and the jersey isn't they won't look like exactly the same color. When the helmet is matte it generally looks like a crappy helmet.

Yea. I don't mind it either. I like the B-B-W look. Not as big of a fan of the all white look, and I'm someone who usually likes all white looks. And the orange just seems out of place for some reason and was best kept as an alternate. The mono-blue is just atrocious though.

I think it would be best for the Broncos to go to the color rush set with white pants and keep this B-B-W as the alt/throwback as an ode to their 3 Super Bowls (yes I know 2 of them were won in the white jersey)

The Canadiens Winter Classic look is one pair of red pants away from being my favorite Habs uniform of all-time.

In a vacuum, where the Habs color balance has no weight, they're already probably my favorite uniform in NHL history.

Just so gorgeous. If only I hadn't bought a Subban version. Makes me sad to wear it knowing he is in Nashville now. Saddest divorce ever.

I love these uniforms as a modernization/New Orleans-ized version of the original Hornets' set:

davis_121022.jpg 220px-Anthony_Davis_Hornets.jpg

Heck, I wish the current Hornets used these uniforms as a template. All they'd need do to would be to swap "Creole Blue" for teal, incorporate more purple in outlines/striping,  dump the yellow accent color, and add either their current font or Rockwell Condensed Bold.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I love these uniforms as a modernization/New Orleans-ized version of the original Hornets' set:

Heck, I wish the current Hornets used these uniforms as a template. All they'd need do to would be to swap "Creole Blue" for teal, incorporate more purple in outlines/striping,  dump the yellow accent color, and add either their current font or Rockwell Condensed Bold.

I wish the Pelicans would use this in navy, red and gold.

• Like 4

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

While I prefer them as the mighty ducks, I actually don't mind these

rickard-rakell-nhl-anaheim-ducks-philadelphia-flyers-590x900.jpg

singlegameticketsDL090315header.jpg

Yeah, me neither I would actually like for them to keep this identity and just make the Mighty Ducks an alt uni (In purple and teal)

• Like 1

AwvgSX4.png

I think my opinion is unpopular...

...I prefer with absolutely not a shred of hesitation, "Anaheim Ducks" to "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."  First, regardless of "Ducks" vs. "Mighty Ducks" the "...of Anaheim" is terrible.  In other words "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" would be better than what they were actually called.  I think I actually thought they were called "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" for a while and once I learned the real name, I probably let out a groan.

Second, the "Mighty" is a little too campy, or whatever...call me humorless, but it's just not a serious enough name.  "Anaheim Ducks" is just fine and would have worked from Day 1 with the original look.

All that said, I also did not like their original look as much as most of you do but it was at least unique, with the eggplant color.  I think I prefer the current look, but it would be fine with me if they went back to the old look, so long as they keep the name "Anaheim Ducks."

• Like 7

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I think my opinion is unpopular...

...I prefer with absolutely not a shred of hesitation, "Anaheim Ducks" to "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."  First, regardless of "Ducks" vs. "Mighty Ducks" the "...of Anaheim" is terrible.  In other words "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" would be better than what they were actually called.  I think I actually thought they were called "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" for a while and once I learned the real name, I probably let out a groan.

Second, the "Mighty" is a little too campy, or whatever...call me humorless, but it's just not a serious enough name.  "Anaheim Ducks" is just fine and would have worked from Day 1 with the original look.

All that said, I also did not like their original look as much as most of you do but it was at least unique, with the eggplant color.  I think I prefer the current look, but it would be fine with me if they went back to the old look, so long as they keep the name "Anaheim Ducks."

Time to start back up the circle of discussion about the Anaheim Ducks, but...

The Webbed-D logo is a great logo. It's simple. It's a great idea, and it looks good even in smaller applications. It's extremely underrated, and even hated on here, mostly because it's not the Mighty Ducks logo... 

Both have their flaws, and both have really good things about them, but the Webbed D is better. 

It has cleaner and more consistent lines than the Mighty ducks, and it has a better overall use of their colors.

1651_anaheim_ducks-primary-2014.gif

Silver is present, but that is about the only flaw I can find... 

The Mighty Ducks logo however uses yellow and black, pretty dominantly, and those colors don't appear anywhere on the main jerseys. And the outline around the sticks and part of the beak-mask, outside of the rounded triangle, is thicker than anywhere else... Why can't it be the same thickness? If that had appeared on the Webbed-D logo, Everyone would have pointed it out, and ridiculed it... 

1.gif

If I wasn't a hockey fan, and I was seeing this logo for the first time, then I would have no idea that the uniforms had eggplant all over them. I also would be surprised to find out that yellow wasn't present on the regular home and roads... 

Now don't get me wrong... It's a fun identity, the eggplant jerseys were fantastic, (The whites had some color balance issues), and it even makes me nostalgic. This identity existed when I started watching and getting into hockey. BUT... It's not a good logo... 

• Like 7

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

18 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I much prefer these to what they wear as the reinvented Charlotte hornets

• Like 2