Unpopular Opinions

20 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

1.gif

Yeah, I've really soured on this logo. Never mind that it lacks purple, but it also has another glaring issue. The triangle backing, presence of hockey sticks (showing equipment is a mark against any hockey logo), and the prominence of teal and black make it look a little too much like the Sharks' logos. I know that they're in different styles and nobody in real life would confuse them, but the phenotype similarities are a little too strong for my liking. The purple/teal color scheme was nice, but the NBA Hornets use those colors in a better capacity.

I don't even like the pumpkin guts look. While the foot-d is a decent logo, it's really best left on the shoulders. An ornithologically-correct duck logo (either a portrait view from within a bounding shape - be it a roundel or a shield or a full view of a duck in flight) would be better. What also would be better is a dark green/orange/vegas gold color scheme, as there's too much black and not enough green in the NHL. A better template, like the current third sweater, should be implemented.

22 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I think my opinion is unpopular...

...I prefer with absolutely not a shred of hesitation, "Anaheim Ducks" to "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."  First, regardless of "Ducks" vs. "Mighty Ducks" the "...of Anaheim" is terrible.  In other words "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" would be better than what they were actually called.  I think I actually thought they were called "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" for a while and once I learned the real name, I probably let out a groan.

Second, the "Mighty" is a little too campy, or whatever...call me humorless, but it's just not a serious enough name.  "Anaheim Ducks" is just fine and would have worked from Day 1 with the original look.

All that said, I also did not like their original look as much as most of you do but it was at least unique, with the eggplant color.  I think I prefer the current look, but it would be fine with me if they went back to the old look, so long as they keep the name "Anaheim Ducks."

That's not unpopular. Heck, most of the people who want the old Ducks identity back don't want the "Mighty... of Anaheim" to return. These are people who've had to put up with the whole Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim crap, and I think they'd appreciate both a more straightforward/Anaheim-centric name.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 11:08 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

One of the best uniform match-ups ever.

usa_today_9940688.0.jpg

I know the Flames set has it's various issues, but the one thing that has always bugged me the most i think is the socks.  The white is the dominant color of the stripes and just doesn't fit with the rest of the uniform.  If they even just filled in the bottom to be black, it look a whole lot better. 

fl_zpspebb5zm5.png

To make it more maddening they flip the sock/arm stripes on their previous alt!

• Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, OnWis97 said:

I think my opinion is unpopular...

...I prefer with absolutely not a shred of hesitation, "Anaheim Ducks" to "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."  First, regardless of "Ducks" vs. "Mighty Ducks" the "...of Anaheim" is terrible.  In other words "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" would be better than what they were actually called.  I think I actually thought they were called "Anaheim Mighty Ducks" for a while and once I learned the real name, I probably let out a groan.

Second, the "Mighty" is a little too campy, or whatever...call me humorless, but it's just not a serious enough name.  "Anaheim Ducks" is just fine and would have worked from Day 1 with the original look.

All that said, I also did not like their original look as much as most of you do but it was at least unique, with the eggplant color.  I think I prefer the current look, but it would be fine with me if they went back to the old look, so long as they keep the name "Anaheim Ducks."

I just want the arena to go back to being named "The Pond".  Wish Honda could do something with that name, but not necessarily name it "Honda Pond".  

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Mighty Ducks are an interesting case in regards to this thread. They're so "love/hate" across the board that I dont know that either opinion is particularly unpopular. Seems for every person who adores it, there's another that hates it. Just sort of evens out all the time.

As for me? I'm in the "freaking love it" camp. All the things that bother others about it are just frankly non-factors to me (like the "too Disney" argument; I mean yeah, it's Disney, but so what? I don't care. It still looks great to me). And the identity is one of the biggest sources of childhood nostalgia rush in all of sports for me.

Truth be told? I was something of a Mighty Ducks fan as a kid, but legit stopped caring much for them when they rebranded. Dead serious, I hated the rebrand that much. It was awful then and is still awful now (only now it's also aged). The Mighty Ducks identity was precisely what roped me in in the first place; being a kid in the 90's meant you were their target market as far as the brand was concerned, and hey, it worked on me and tons of other kids in my neck of the woods. 

And just to to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with them being just the "Ducks". The name isn't the problem at all. Whether "Mighty" is in there or not really doesn't make a difference to me. I just want the colors and the duck mask to come back permanently, and for the webbed-D and regurgitated-candy color scheme to be shot back to the dark demonic hole from whence it came. 

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 3/17/2017 at 3:31 PM, WSU151 said:

I just want the arena to go back to being named "The Pond".  Wish Honda could do something with that name, but not necessarily name it "Honda Pond".  

How about The Pond at Honda Center or The Pond presented by Honda?

• Like 2

I actually like these variants of the lions uniforms. Was the addition of black unnecessary? Yes. But did it ruin the uniform? No. It was a solid look during a period where the lions were at their worst (believe it or not)

53067664.jpg

• Like 1