raysox

Unpopular Opinions

7,127 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

The Yankees, up until the late 2000s, had very few players who wore high socks (much to my dismay). Then, around 2009 or so, they became much more common in the Bronx again - guys like Damon, Gardner, Robertson, Granderson, occasionally Swisher. 

I will say that long pants with pinstripes do tend to look better than long 'snow white' pants, but I absolutely love the look of the Yankees' uniform with high socks. 

134029919_crop_north.jpg?1333436652&w=63

I always thought El Duque looked so cool:

rangers-yankees.jpg

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Bmac said:

My unpopular opinion? I love high top baseball cleats.11-Barry-Larkin.jpg

But, I will only accept the long socks look. I'm in the camp that feels baseball socks should always be visible.

Not sure high top cleats and high socks would really go together well, though. Not sure any player has ever really combined the two - I think almost every player who wore high cuff cleats also worse relatively low cut pants.

1 hour ago, kroywen said:

Not sure high top cleats and high socks would really go together well, though. Not sure any player has ever really combined the two - I think almost every player who wore high cuff cleats also worse relatively low cut pants.

This may be as close as you get.  Buckner had bad ankles, so the high tops provided some extra support.

buckner-bill-1986-world-series-allsport-

1 person likes this

I guess I am part of the very small camp of people who prefer the long "pajama" pants

46 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

I guess I am part of the very small camp of people who prefer the long "pajama" pants

I instinctively root against any player wearing the pajama pants. 

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I instinctively root against any player wearing the pajama pants. 

Imo I just think the baggy pants look cool but, tucking the pants legs into the socks looks cool too.

120515_LONGFORM_kirbypuckettEX.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg