Unpopular Opinions

15 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

An Oakland Athletics two-fer:

1) This is, to me, the best cap the A's have ever worn by far:

IMG_6047.JPG.369dc728ce0a6e9b92f6ac8b15332672.JPG

It should've been the only cap in the entire set, and should have remained altogether. With it, that road uniform was easily a top five uniform during it's time.

And 2) The A's in forest green and gold >>>>>>>>> Kelly green and gold. 

P.S: Totally used a Bartolo picture on purpose for added Big Sexy effect

I've thought about the team going for a Philadelphia Athletics-esque look, albeit in forest green/gold. Basically, take the current gold and green alternates and make a white version of them, with an "Oakland" road uniform using an updated version of this script:

02a9757519250d400ff0e10e25b119e1.jpg

I love all of the special MLB jerseys and caps (and one set of the socks) for this year. I WILL be purchasing all of the caps as well. Personally, I think the Memorial Day look (including the cameo socks) will look pretty good. I'll happily plunk down some of my money for those lids.

Dodgers, of course.

IMG_3610.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 4/7/2017 at 4:30 PM, WSU151 said:

The Mets logo is better than Mr. Met. Mascot patches seem ill-placed in MLB (though it might be kinda cool if the Pirates had a non-mascot green parrot as a sleeve patch on an alternate).

It doesn't help that Mr. Met is a subpar mascot. The Swinging Friar works as a patch, in part because he's not a baseball with a body.

I love the Patriots' old AFL uniforms. They're one of my absolutely favorite football uniforms out there, and I wish the Pats would go back to them yesterday.

Except for Pat Patriot. Objectively, it's a terrible logo. A terrible logo on an otherwise beautiful uniform, but a terrible logo nonetheless. If the Pats were to go back to those beauts (not going to happen), or a derivative thereof (may happen once the Belichick era is over), I'd rather they put a modified version of Elvis on there.

To me, the platonic ideal of a Patriots uniform are a navy blue inverse of the red AFL uniforms (more or less their Color Rush jerseys paired with white pants), with Elvis on the helmets. Pat Patriot, on the other hand, belongs in 1960.

• Like 4

I'm still a fan of the abandoned Pats logo from the 80s that everyone says looks like an insurance company logo. That's the best logo the team ever conceived, and they ditched it because drunken fans booed it at halftime.

FFS drunk football fans will boo Santa. You can't use that as a barometer to judge the quality of anything. 

• Like 1

I'm sure I've posted this before, but all the sock talk in the MLB thread got me thinking about it again. 

I prefer the baggy look when it comes to baseball pants. It's because that's how I wear them when I play. It's just more comfortable. I can't stand the feel of high socks or stirrups. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm still a fan of the abandoned Pats logo from the 80s that everyone says looks like an insurance company logo. That's the best logo the team ever conceived, and they ditched it because drunken fans booed it at halftime.

FFS drunk football fans will boo Santa. You can't use that as a barometer to judge the quality of anything. 

Maybe you're drunk and booing their other logos!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm sure I've posted this before, but all the sock talk in the MLB thread got me thinking about it again. 

I prefer the baggy look when it comes to baseball pants. It's because that's how I wear them when I play. It's just more comfortable. I can't stand the feel of high socks or stirrups. 

That's kinda how I feel. I think the stirrups look more fitted to a baseball look, but my understanding is that players wear the baggy pants because it's just more comfortable (and I can related to that).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I would like to see nfl teams like the bears or the patriots, experiment with secondary colored pants

The Bears were supposed to, weren't they? Then they changed their mind? Remember the Madden where they wore orange pants with white jerseys by default?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Bears were supposed to, weren't they? Then they changed their mind? Remember the Madden where they wore orange pants with white jerseys by default?

Yeah Madden 13 if I am not mistaken. For some odd reason, they were the default pants but, they were never worn in real life. Maybe the fans didn't like them

• Like 1