raysox

Unpopular Opinions

7,463 posts in this topic

I'm still a fan of the abandoned Pats logo from the 80s that everyone says looks like an insurance company logo. That's the best logo the team ever conceived, and they ditched it because drunken fans booed it at halftime.

 

FFS drunk football fans will boo Santa. You can't use that as a barometer to judge the quality of anything. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I've posted this before, but all the sock talk in the MLB thread got me thinking about it again. 

 

I prefer the baggy look when it comes to baseball pants. It's because that's how I wear them when I play. It's just more comfortable. I can't stand the feel of high socks or stirrups. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm exactly the opposite; I love high socks.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mockba said:

I'm exactly the opposite; I love high socks.

Same, I can't stand low socks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm still a fan of the abandoned Pats logo from the 80s that everyone says looks like an insurance company logo. That's the best logo the team ever conceived, and they ditched it because drunken fans booed it at halftime.

 

FFS drunk football fans will boo Santa. You can't use that as a barometer to judge the quality of anything. 

 

 

Maybe you're drunk and booing their other logos!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm sure I've posted this before, but all the sock talk in the MLB thread got me thinking about it again. 

 

I prefer the baggy look when it comes to baseball pants. It's because that's how I wear them when I play. It's just more comfortable. I can't stand the feel of high socks or stirrups. 

 

That's kinda how I feel. I think the stirrups look more fitted to a baseball look, but my understanding is that players wear the baggy pants because it's just more comfortable (and I can related to that).

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts on the socks have always been consistency. I don't really mind either look, as long as the entire team does the same.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see nfl teams like the bears or the patriots, experiment with secondary colored pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I would like to see nfl teams like the bears or the patriots, experiment with secondary colored pants

The Bears were supposed to, weren't they? Then they changed their mind? Remember the Madden where they wore orange pants with white jerseys by default?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Bears were supposed to, weren't they? Then they changed their mind? Remember the Madden where they wore orange pants with white jerseys by default?

Yeah Madden 13 if I am not mistaken. For some odd reason, they were the default pants but, they were never worn in real life. Maybe the fans didn't like them

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Yeah Madden 13 if I am not mistaken. For some odd reason, they were the default pants but, they were never worn in real life. Maybe the fans didn't like them

Yeah, I dunno the reason. I thought they looked pretty good in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot stand when a pitcher has a single digit jersey number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2017 at 3:09 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I'm sure I've posted this before, but all the sock talk in the MLB thread got me thinking about it again. 

 

I prefer the baggy look when it comes to baseball pants. It's because that's how I wear them when I play. It's just more comfortable. I can't stand the feel of high socks or stirrups. 

Same. It was more of a psychological thing with me though. I felt if I wore the pants low, getting hit with a pitch near my leg wouldn't hurt as much. I didn't like having my ankles exposed. It sounds silly but that's how I felt as a kid.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great logo

 

gasktpevr19afvpeoekpjrder.gif

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the best alternates in baseball.

 

IMG_6186.PNG.c0813f13942d9a4d02e7dafae2302743.PNG

 

Love the cream, and love the homage to these fellas:

 

IMG_6187.thumb.JPG.bf8f55c5a1eeb5dc49f8829cd478867c.JPG

 

I've seen flak for it being too similar to the currents and thus a sort of "worthless" alt, but I've never minded that considering it was nodding to the first uniform worn in Atlanta. It's good enough precedence to me for them to go for it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like red, white, and blue (navy blue ) color schemes. They come across as generic to me.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current St. Louis Blues uniforms, while nowhere near bad, are also not great or iconic. To me they are pretty much the epitome of average and there is nothing particularly memorable or interesting about them. Much like the Texans uniforms in football and the Texas Rangers in baseball...I am completely neutral towards them and feel nothing about them either way.

 

The Blues best uniform era was 1987-1994 and I'd only rate that a smidgen above average. The Blue on their road jersey sometimes looked a bit drab and dark, much like the Islanders post 1998 uniforms (lighting at the rinks made a big difference here)

4887-CC7Fr.jpgs-l300.jpg

 

Maybe with the Blues it's just that I don't like the combination of blue, yellow and black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

I don't like red, white, and blue (navy blue ) color schemes. They come across as generic to me.

 

Wha...? You mean to tell me that you don't like AMERICA?!

 

(joke)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Maybe with the Blues it's just that I don't like the combination of blue, yellow and black.

The Blues don't wear black. It's royal blue, yellow/gold, and navy.

 

fSsOMco.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

Wha...? You mean to tell me that you don't like AMERICA?!

 

(joke)

I gotta admit, I don't care for our colors, but I sure as hell respect them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now