Unpopular Opinions

4 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I think the LSU-styled shoulder stripes look stupid as hell when they go all the way down...

Image result for 1995 lsu tigers

Image result for 1971 baltimore colts

They look much better cut in half...

Image result for 2007 lsu tigers

Image result for 2009 indianapolis colts

I'd prefer them to go all the way around. Earl Morrall there has stripes that are cut off, just really low. I agree that the half-length stripes look better than those, but I think full stripes that wrap all the way around look better. 

On 4/23/2017 at 8:18 PM, insert name said:

This is the cap the Indians should be embracing. If they started using this as a primary cap, there would be zero complains. 

False. There would still be white, upper-middle-class twentysomethings taking proxy offense at the nickname "Indians" as a means of virtue signaling.

52 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I wish the White Sox would have one alternate uniform with the full "White Sox" name on it, preferably based on either of these uniforms (1942, 1987-90):

ChicagoWhiteSox1942.jpg IMG_6970.jpg

Putting either one of those uniforms in the black/grey/white color scheme would be fantastic.

I'd say put the right on a black jersey, with a silver and white script.

Would be nice to see. I LOVE their homes/aways, but agree with you.

Kick their current throwback third to the curb please.

• Like 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

18 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I think the LSU-styled shoulder stripes look stupid as hell when they go all the way down...

Image result for 1995 lsu tigers

Image result for 1971 baltimore colts

They look much better cut in half...

Image result for 2007 lsu tigers

Image result for 2009 indianapolis colts

You and me both. Glad I'm not alone.

To me, they feel like two different concepts. All the way around is like a Carolina Panthers style sleeve. That's fine. But for shoulder stripes, I like the unwarped colts/lsu style. Just looks so much cleaner to me.

• Like 2

#0 should be made available to incoming rookies and newly signed players on NFL teams during offseason activities and preseason, then those players can switch to "legal" numbers after cuts are made.

NFLShop.com has rookie jerseys with #0

ff_2799383_full.jpg&w=540&q=80

ff_2799385_full.jpg&w=540&q=80

ff_2799382_full.jpg&w=540&q=80

ff_2772191_full.jpg&w=540&q=80

• Like 3

This is a fine Cap logo. I like the idea of one team having an insignia that isn't a super overdesigned initial, not every team needs heavily stylized, interlocking, difficult to discern cap logos. And if one city can get away with a block letter, its Cleveland.

5347_cleveland_indians-primary-2014.png

• Like 3

I like the Reds with black. It really helps with the definition, as opposed to simply red-white. I also like the drop shadows. 

However, this comes with one condition: the Reds use it sparingly, like how they use it right now. The 90s/2000s look overdid on the black, and I didn't like it. Get rid of the black bill on the road cap, and their set is perfect.

• Like 3

ExJworW.png

Let me preface this by saying I still absolutely prefer the Mariners in navy and teal...

I've really warmed up to the Mariners' blue and gold alt, and their past use of it doesn't look as off to me anymore in terms of being a "fitting" or "Seattle-y" color scheme. I think this is for a couple of reasons: 1) with my grandparents living in Seattle, I've been up there visiting and see a lot of the throwback or alt gear everywhere, so having seen it there it doesn't look as weird, 2) with the Seahawks having formerly used royal blue and the Sonics of course having gold their whole existence in some capacity, those two colors don't seem that off for a Seattle team, and 3) this may be a really silly reason, but going to Ivar's up there and seeing their use of mostly royal blue with a little gold makes the scheme look more nautical to me now than it did before:

IMG_6296.JPG.68537579680f522dc68cbd1e74dbfec0.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG.1fceb32ed0e9b43e2de24217f3fe09da.JPG

So I still want the Mariners to be navy and teal, both because it's their essential look and, well, Griffey-Martinez-Ichiro-Felix, etc., but if they ever did change back, it wouldn't bother me as bad. It works enough in a weird way to me now, much more so than it used to.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I really don't get the love for any of the Sabres' crests (classic, classic in navy/yellow/silver, goat head, and the slug). Heck, the only one I remotely like is this guy:

35.png

I like the complex design of the swords, and I really like that there's no buffalo in the logo. Just because they play in Buffalo, doesn't mean they have to have a buffalo in their logo. Putting that logo in the royal, yellow, and silver/gold/powder would produce the best possible crest for the team. As for a template, something like the 2010-12 alternate sweater would be ideal (as it doesn't infringe on the '67 Maple Leafs' template, my preferred look for Toronto).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I like the Reds with black. It really helps with the definition, as opposed to simply red-white. I also like the drop shadows. 

However, this comes with one condition: the Reds use it sparingly, like how they use it right now. The 90s/2000s look overdid on the black, and I didn't like it. Get rid of the black bill on the road cap, and their set is perfect.

I like the black bill on the road. Should I, probably not, but I do. 

I like the idea of teams having a home and road hat, and other teams it being the same one for both. 

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Reds' use of black is okay I guess, but I just think of them better as red and white. The thing that really gets to me (and I've said it before) is that black is excessively used in their merchandise. I mean, they're on the equivalent of being the Atlanta Falcons or Chicago Bulls. The Reds don't use that much black in their uniforms; they shouldn't be treated in the same manner those two teams are.

14 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

8 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Reds' use of black is okay I guess, but I just think of them better as red and white. The thing that really gets to me (and I've said it before) is that black is excessively used in their merchandise. I mean, they're on the equivalent of being the Atlanta Falcons or Chicago Bulls. The Reds don't use that much black in their uniforms; they shouldn't be treated in the same manner those two teams are.

The Lions' previous set had limited black trim that seemingly most people didn't mind. The new uniform dropped black completely, and I haven't seen anyone complain about. I think if the Reds did the same, most people wouldn't complain. I can see the Reds creating an updated version of their pre-black sets. Instead of posting old photos of the Reds, let me post this pic of OU, which shows you how great red and white can look by itself:

THESMKTNRCABUCG.20130607165354.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, daveindc said:

The Lions' previous set had limited black trim that seemingly most people didn't mind. The new uniform dropped black completely, and I haven't seen anyone complain about. I think if the Reds did the same, most people wouldn't complain. I can see the Reds creating an updated version of their pre-black sets. Instead of posting old photos of the Reds, let me post this pic of OU, which shows you how great red and white can look by itself:

NICE! The cream set especially.

• Like 2

Square yokes on hockey jerseys look good.

The Stadium-Series/Wild Style collars look good too.

I can stand to see the Islanders in black. I bought one of the black jerseys. And I got one of the college-style ones before that.

Shoulder numbers are good on hockey jerseys too.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 7:15 PM, daveindc said:

Too crimson for the Reds imo.. But solid look nonetheless

• Like 1