Unpopular Opinions

On 3/22/2017 at 9:10 PM, Ark said:

I don't like stirrup worn like that, they are the best like this

oRtpZ4W.jpg

or this

uuP6tKI.jpg

As a baseball player in the mid to late eighties, this is the look we rocked! And to my opinion, the best!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I hate "Krewe" as a concept/expansion team name..

There, I said it..

You only hate it because it's terrible.

I hope this is a popular opinion.

• Like 5

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

38 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

You only hate it because it's terrible.

I hope this is a popular opinion.

Several people on the concepts section think of it as a viable name because it's sorta plural. Here are the examples of it:

I don't like the name, and I don't like that people like it. There are better New Orleans-centric names.

Edited by SFGiants58
Removed harsh line, I'm sorry about that.
  • Like 3

5773862.jpg.e58277c56c2536d2e7fea55e714ab698.jpg5936b33868089_CarolinaPanthersvAtlantaFalcons43xSjM2G4BTl.jpg.935292ec4544800d66d4922571cf623a.jpg7b4faefb4cb255ca1f3a0ee27386ecce.thumb.jpg.6cbffd9adbbe4bc6c0ed6d6366624bc2.jpg

i really like the black "monochrome" look in football, especially these 3 teams, and i wouldn't change anything drastic about the uniform. (just smaller logos) most say "at least add a stripe to the pants" but doing anything that is more traditional kinda kills what makes these special. they look like something between Batman and a ninja— there's definitley a body suit look to it and it still looks futuristic to me. its more "track" than traditional "football" and i think thats probably where the hang up is for most, but thats part of the appeal for me.  and theres a "bad guy" connotation to it that is emphasized during night games. 

theres also a practical element where because the uniform is void of large striping, the numbers become the focus and really attract your eye. compare those above with the Bengals version where because there are so many elements and color hits everything competes against each other. another unpopular opinion: i like that "loudness" of the Bengals uniform, but its certainly not as good of a uniform as the other 3

gio-bernard.jpg.8e1b9d945fec5abf93be6c2e0e59ee8d.jpg

• Like 2

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

5773862.jpg.e58277c56c2536d2e7fea55e714ab698.jpg5936b33868089_CarolinaPanthersvAtlantaFalcons43xSjM2G4BTl.jpg.935292ec4544800d66d4922571cf623a.jpg7b4faefb4cb255ca1f3a0ee27386ecce.thumb.jpg.6cbffd9adbbe4bc6c0ed6d6366624bc2.jpg

i really like the black "monochrome" look in football, especially these 3 teams, and i wouldn't change anything drastic about the uniform. (just smaller logos) most say "at least add a stripe to the pants" but doing anything that is more traditional kinda kills what makes these special. they look like something between Batman and a ninja— there's definitley a body suit look to it and it still looks futuristic to me. its more "track" than traditional "football" and i think thats probably where the hang up is for most, but thats part of the appeal for me.  and theres a "bad guy" connotation to it that is emphasized during night games. 

theres also a practical element where because the uniform is void of large striping, the numbers become the focus and really attract your eye. compare those above with the Bengals version where because there are so many elements and color hits everything competes against each other. another unpopular opinion: i like that "loudness" of the Bengals uniform, but its certainly not as good of a uniform as the other 3

gio-bernard.jpg.8e1b9d945fec5abf93be6c2e0e59ee8d.jpg

Getting rid of the side panels and B chest logo, and it's a fantastic look imo

• Like 2

A small handful:

-The Ducks need a uniform refresh, but they definitely shouldn't go back to the Mighty Ducks look except as a throwback. It's cheesy, dated, and has a pretty unappealing color scheme. The webfoot "D" isn't wonderful or anything, but it's good enough.

-Unless you wear black batting helmets, they shouldn't have a matte finish. On other colors, it just looks dull. And if you're using that finish on black helmets, you're being unoriginal.

-Long pants in baseball aren't great, but they're acceptable if they aren't too baggy. It's better than the late-90s/mid-2000s sweatpants style, where they end at or just above the ankles.

-Related: If every player wore long socks or especially stirrups, those looks would not be as cool. I like the diversity.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

On 6/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, WinMINTwins said:

-Unless you wear black batting helmets, they shouldn't have a matte finish. On other colors, it just looks dull. And if you're using that finish on black helmets, you're being unoriginal.

I think the Dodgers' matte batting helmets are top-3 in baseball.  

0071606180043_Brewers_at_Dodgers.jpg

I didn't think I'd like matte batting helmets, as I thought MLB teams were just following a college gimmick.  But some teams can really pull them off.  I think the complaint that black matte helmets are "unoriginal" is a rather weak argument.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.