Unpopular Opinions

On 6/7/2017 at 1:38 AM, Ark said:

2rgavrd1qgkfw74ji5se5c1yk.gif

What's awesome about this is it looks like he isn't even concerned with the game, and is just coming at you to collect on a debt. And his little brother on the cap thinks it's hilarious.

And those absolutely need to be the team's game socks.

• Like 5

Would be one of the best looks in hockey without the numbers on the front and the stupid white lines on the side. Glad they are keeping the navy really makes the yellow pop. Royal and yellow just doesn't work IMO. Looks kinda like a parrot.

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

Excellent!

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Matte batting helmets work for me because they do a better job of mimicking the field caps.  Wool caps aren't shiny, so why should batting helmets (a safety replacement of the cap) be shiny?  

This logic makes all the sense in the world and I still don't like matte helmets. I guess I'm just not used to them or my hatred for matte football helmets is so strong that any application of it is upsetting to me. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

54 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Would be one of the best looks in hockey without the numbers on the front and the stupid white lines on the side. Glad they are keeping the navy really makes the yellow pop. Royal and yellow just doesn't work IMO. Looks kinda like a parrot.

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

I agree... Navy and Athletic gold is a great color scheme! But the Sabres still mess it up with that ridiculous silver in the striping... 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

I don't mind the silver stripes, just get rid of the piping on the side. It can be a find modern jersey, all they have to do is clean it up a bit.

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

And yet the LA Rams best look is royal and yellow.  Golden State makes it work too.  Dark royal (not navy) works really well with yellow.  That parrot blue is not royal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

And yet the LA Rams best look is royal and yellow.  Golden State makes it work too.  Dark royal (not navy) works really well with yellow.  That parrot blue is not royal.

I agree. A deep royal blue would work great for the Sabres. The navy that they use currently is way too dark.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What's awesome about this is it looks like he isn't even concerned with the game, and is just coming at you to collect on a debt. And his little brother on the cap thinks it's hilarious.

And those absolutely need to be the team's game socks.

Is he wearing black pants or just stepping out to start something in just his socks, spikes, and cap?

I don't think a current uniform I initially didn't like has grown on me more than the Twins' home has:

IMG_6491.JPG.89cba523c3b32ac97df4e9dd5c90c91d.JPG

Still not totally sold on the gold outlined "TC", and the road uniform has problems, but I'm really coming around to this one the more I see it.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don't think a current uniform I initially didn't like has grown on me more than the Twins' home has:

IMG_6491.JPG.89cba523c3b32ac97df4e9dd5c90c91d.JPG

Still not totally sold on the gold outlined "TC", and the road uniform has problems, but I'm really coming around to this one the more I see it.

That number font is pretty clunky compared to the wordmark.  Should have gone with the "normal" baseball font, like the Dodgers/Cardinals/almost every other team uses.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That number font is pretty clunky compared to the wordmark.  Should have gone with the "normal" baseball font, like the Dodgers/Cardinals/almost every other team uses.

I think the number font is the least of their problems.  I never noticed it as different from other blocks.  I think the gold drop-shadow hurts the numbers some and maybe gives them a wider (clunkier) feel).

I have not warmed up to these uniforms too much.  The fronts look so bland after decades of front numbers.  the gold is a bit out of place, though the bigger problem is the inconsistency in whether they are using it in a given game.  And, since helmets are no longer representations of the cap, that very photo shows the gold-free helmet on top of the rest of the uniform.  The Twins either need to use the gold or not (hint: the latter). 

These home primary jerseys (which pair with the alternate cap; well-played) are among the blandest in baseball and then the gold drop trim seems a little over-done.  Bland and overdone.  Nice.

I am getting to the point where I'd like to see something like the throwback alt become the primary...I hate that "T" but the rest is nice. Of course, in those days and later days of that scrip (1961-1986) they used "Twins" on both uniforms.  So I'd want to see a "Minnesota" road jersey.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

25 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I just want pinstripes to return. I don't hate the new primary jersey but the Twins need to be wearing pinstripes at home.

I tend to agree.  They had two iterations of pinstripes broken up by the very non-traditional 1970s-1980s pullover and elastic waist trend (though the first couple of years did have gray roads and buttons).  Up through a few years ago, that era seems like the anomaly.

And while I don't always associate on-field success with best choice of uniform it is worth pointing out that they wore pinstripes for all three World Series appearances and most of their existence.  Non-pinstripe years top out at mediocre.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)