Unpopular Opinions

On 6/20/2017 at 11:39 PM, The Six said:

The Buffaslug is misunderstood genius.

I honestly don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be. The problem is that there were better concepts that the team and/or designer(s) passed over that probably would have been better received. For instance, the roundels on the very bottom right:

caTOYmc.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

54 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I honestly don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be. The problem is that there were better concepts that the team and/or designer(s) passed over that probably would have been better received. For instance, the roundels on the very bottom right:

caTOYmc.jpg

Those rounders look even worse, it's like they tried to get a 5 year old to draw the old logo and called it a day. The sabers are so small and dainty they might as well not even be there, and the Buffalo look like incomplete blobs.

15 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

unpopular opinions: the Chris Gaines album was good

come at me

I really liked "It Don't Matter to the Sun" because it didn't sound like as big a departure from his regular style, and "Maybe" because it was a pleasant surprise of a good 90's ballad. The rest of the album was pretty blah to me, though. 

I don't mind the idea of concept albums wading into new territory, but if you're gonna do it, you've really got to nail it from start to finish. As much as I like Garth, I just don't think he did that with Chris Gaines

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, BenLueckDesigns said:

I'm going to upset a few people with this one but powder blue has no place in the world of sports. It being probably my least favorite color could be driving my bias here but the color just seems tacky and way too light. I love the design of this chargers uni but the color just throws me off.

Philip-Rivers-440x500.jpg

220px-Carmelo_Anthony_Nuggets.jpg

How about these?

dan_fouts_1987_11_01.jpg

sam_claphan_1986_11_16.jpg

Thousand times better than the Powder Blue! This one from 1985-1987 screams, CHARGERS! I wish they went back to Navy Helmets. But I like this with White helmets too.

• Like 2

I would have rather seen the Lightning match their home sweater to their road instead of what they did...

tbl-vs-nyr-03132017-lightning-insider-00

fsihzmpazeuhamzf36x6tly4z.png

It adds a little more to the jersey, and helped separate them from the Leafs a little. Now they're closer to the leafs...

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I would have rather seen the Lightning match their home sweater to their road instead of what they did...

tbl-vs-nyr-03132017-lightning-insider-00

fsihzmpazeuhamzf36x6tly4z.png

It adds a little more to the jersey, and helped separate them from the Leafs a little. Now they're closer to the leafs...

Looks dull without Black. Looks too much like the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Speaking of the Lightning,
Tampa_bay_lightning_logo.gif

If this was on a royal blue background or jersey, just make the black trim pop.

On 6/23/2017 at 2:35 PM, mcj882000 said:

The only good thing from the Buffaslug set, and a logo I felt the Sabres should've kept in some capacity:
twdheefvk2ogw2k2ghja.png

The concept is so good that I almost want to say yes, but it will look just as mismatched as it did during the slug era. It was designed to go with the red and black. I would, however, really like them to circle back and re-do this logo with a different B. They've never had another good shoulder patch.

9 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

The Tampa Bay Lightning have never had a good logo. The current is the closest to being "good", but none of them have been good at all. 

I feel like their logo would be better if they added a silver outline to it along with some small details that would make it pop more. In it's current state, it feels unfinished and quite frankly, flat.

• Like 1

While I like the idea behind the Twins' "TC" logo, the actual logo is not a well-designed mark.

620osa6pebqkgaybyeeukrkif.png

The "wishbone C" is overused (and should have been dropped in the 1987 redesign), the width difference between the "T" and "C" is a little distracting, and the red doesn't stand out enough from the navy background of the caps. I wish the team had touched it up during the 1987 redesign and tweaked it again during the move to Target Field. Basically, turn it into @the admiral's top-notch concept:

mK7oQc6.jpg

The other thing that makes me despise the current "TC" logo is how defensive Twins fans get about it (look at the response to Admiral's redesign). They swear that it's "untouchable" and that it can't change because "it's been there from the start." Guys, if other teams can change up classic logos without sacrificing their "spirit" (i.e. Cardinals - football and baseball, Orioles, Blue Jays, Vikings, Bruins, Maple Leafs, Blues, and a whole host of college teams), then so can the Twins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The "wishbone C" is overused (and should have been dropped in the 1987 redesign), the width difference between the "T" and "C" is a little distracting, and the red doesn't stand out enough from the navy background of the caps. I wish the team had touched it up during the 1987 redesign and tweaked it again during the move to Target Field. Basically, turn it into @the admiral's top-notch concept:

mK7oQc6.jpg

The other thing that makes me despise the current "TC" logo is how defensive Twins fans get about it (look at the response to Admiral's redesign). They swear that it's "untouchable" and that it can't change because "it's been there from the start." Guys, if other teams can change up classic logos without sacrificing their "spirit" (i.e. Cardinals - football and baseball, Orioles, Blue Jays, Vikings, Bruins, Maple Leafs, Blues, and a whole host of college teams), then so can the Twins.

I feel like its a great concept but I would rather see it colored like the original TC

59501e9a82947_TClogo.png.8dfac7b87c5a9f9023ec4d0da1553a3f.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I feel like its a great concept but I would rather see it colored like the original TC

59501e9a82947_TClogo.png.8dfac7b87c5a9f9023ec4d0da1553a3f.png

Yeah, that ignores the whole issue of the red "C" on the navy background clashing with the white letter. It doesn't look nearly as good as interlocking logos that are all the same color:

6217592002.gifgx9h70102cwsagsp5e99w2t4o.gif2gbbqgmkn46izkexugz6nrke7.gifk04fv0hukg05n3f8et45jey88.gifhx1e7lwmayecgb6h4gg5t4rz6.gif

Having the logo be one color with a single outline unifies the shape and makes it easier to project the team's desired color balance (Red first? Navy first? Are Red/Navy co-dominant? - the Twins sorta have had a problem with this). 

There's also my desire to bring back the "M" cap logo in a modernized form:

MIN_NewerHat.png.0590ff1544d8b3ca448f0db36789bf3c.png

It's still unique (a cursive "M" as a cap logo), it's more closely tied to the two World Series championships, and it's less of a pain to use on a navy or red background.

• Like 3

The Arizona Cardinals' uniform doesn't look all that bad IF it's paired with white shoes. 

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D