raysox

Unpopular Opinions

7,472 posts in this topic

I think the sabres are fine in navy, especially considering they're one of 3 teams who use it as their primary colour as opposed to the 6 who use royal

I don't think a current uniform I initially didn't like has grown on me more than the Twins' home has:

IMG_6491.JPG.89cba523c3b32ac97df4e9dd5c90c91d.JPG

Still not totally sold on the gold outlined "TC", and the road uniform has problems, but I'm really coming around to this one the more I see it.

2 people like this

In regards to the Minnesota Wild speculated chest stripe, I am very fond of chest stripes and I think multiple teams having it in the NHL is ok! Just because Montreal did it first doesn't mean it is a Montreal ripoff. 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don't think a current uniform I initially didn't like has grown on me more than the Twins' home has:

IMG_6491.JPG.89cba523c3b32ac97df4e9dd5c90c91d.JPG

Still not totally sold on the gold outlined "TC", and the road uniform has problems, but I'm really coming around to this one the more I see it.

That number font is pretty clunky compared to the wordmark.  Should have gone with the "normal" baseball font, like the Dodgers/Cardinals/almost every other team uses.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That number font is pretty clunky compared to the wordmark.  Should have gone with the "normal" baseball font, like the Dodgers/Cardinals/almost every other team uses.

I think the number font is the least of their problems.  I never noticed it as different from other blocks.  I think the gold drop-shadow hurts the numbers some and maybe gives them a wider (clunkier) feel).

I have not warmed up to these uniforms too much.  The fronts look so bland after decades of front numbers.  the gold is a bit out of place, though the bigger problem is the inconsistency in whether they are using it in a given game.  And, since helmets are no longer representations of the cap, that very photo shows the gold-free helmet on top of the rest of the uniform.  The Twins either need to use the gold or not (hint: the latter). 

These home primary jerseys (which pair with the alternate cap; well-played) are among the blandest in baseball and then the gold drop trim seems a little over-done.  Bland and overdone.  Nice.

I am getting to the point where I'd like to see something like the throwback alt become the primary...I hate that "T" but the rest is nice. Of course, in those days and later days of that scrip (1961-1986) they used "Twins" on both uniforms.  So I'd want to see a "Minnesota" road jersey.

1 person likes this

I just want pinstripes to return. I don't hate the new primary jersey but the Twins need to be wearing pinstripes at home.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I just want pinstripes to return. I don't hate the new primary jersey but the Twins need to be wearing pinstripes at home.

I tend to agree.  They had two iterations of pinstripes broken up by the very non-traditional 1970s-1980s pullover and elastic waist trend (though the first couple of years did have gray roads and buttons).  Up through a few years ago, that era seems like the anomaly.

And while I don't always associate on-field success with best choice of uniform it is worth pointing out that they wore pinstripes for all three World Series appearances and most of their existence.  Non-pinstripe years top out at mediocre.

Image result for orlando magic uniformsImage result for utah jazz alternate jersey

I really like these uniforms 

6 people like this

I think a lot of NFL teams would look better with matte or satin finished helmets.

5 people like this

These aren't good uniforms, even without the sleeves...

Image result for brooklyn nets jerseys

Bland font, plus the stars and panels don't look good in black and white.

3 people like this

23 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I tend to agree.  They had two iterations of pinstripes broken up by the very non-traditional 1970s-1980s pullover and elastic waist trend (though the first couple of years did have gray roads and buttons).  Up through a few years ago, that era seems like the anomaly.

And while I don't always associate on-field success with best choice of uniform it is worth pointing out that they wore pinstripes for all three World Series appearances and most of their existence.  Non-pinstripe years top out at mediocre.

I honestly think the twins should be pinstripes home and away. 

3 people like this

I like the special jerseys MLB wear.  I don't mind a little variety over 162 games.  And no one is forcing anyone to actually buy the merchandise.  I love how the Dodgers and Royals look in that lighter shade of blue.

2 people like this

MLB teams need to bring back the pullover jerseys

2 people like this

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

And powder blue ones at that!

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Especially the Royals.  The Rays could look good that way as well.

2 people like this

On 6/18/2017 at 1:16 PM, DNAsports said:

17 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Jimmy Key having the time of his life in an ugly Mariners uniform!

3 people like this

21 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Why don't the teams that wear powder blue tops pair them with powder blue pants?

1 person likes this

I would rather see baseball teams wearing baseball uniforms and not pyjamas.

3 people like this

45 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Why don't the teams that wear powder blue tops pair them with powder blue pants?

Right?!

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

Once upon a time they did, they then realized how bad they looked and trashed them.

3 people like this