Unpopular Opinions

I don't see any problem with the Richmond shorts, myself. The Kings weren't the only team to go asymmetrical with the shorts panels. It all worked great for me and I loved them. 

And coincidentally, that mid-00's Kings set is what I consider to be one of thier worst. I hated that script and the numbers. They were in no way to me an upgrade of the preceding ones and seemed to try too hard. 

The set after that one was the worst, though. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The old Atlanta Falcons logo was awful. Their current logo is a gigantic improvement.

I consider the old Falcons logo the epitome of a "less is more" look, and when you combine that simplicity with a plain black helmet and sharp - but not overdesigned - uniforms, you have what I consider a classic look - in my opinion the Falcons' 1997-2002 look was their best ever. Mine is probably an unpopular opinion too.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I consider the old Falcons logo the epitome of a "less is more" look, and when you combine that simplicity with a plain black helmet and sharp - but not overdesigned - uniforms, you have what I consider a classic look - in my opinion the Falcons' 1997-2002 look was their best ever. Mine is probably an unpopular opinion too.

I have to agree with this as well the 97-2002 look was amazing, but I do remember at the time feeling like the new 2003 sets were needed. Now I come to appreciate the old gear.

• Like 1

ATL

17 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I really like the old Falcons logo, but the 1997-2002 look isn't my favourite. I prefer the 1978-1989 look(s). With a preference for the 87-89 version. 

That being said? I'll take the 97-02 version over the current look any day of the week.

I remember thinking the current logo was a huge improvement back when it debuted in 2003. Looking back though? It, and the uniforms it was introduced with, are incredibly dated. 

• Like 3

I love the 1997-2002 look, too.  If the old falcon needed an update, it needed a different update.  I have to admit that it took me an embarrassingly long time to recognize that the logo was a side view of a falcon in flight with its wing pointed down.  I'd always thought it was more of an abstract design.  Once you see it "in flight" it makes sense.  I think the right update would have been to make the "in flight" aspect slightly more obvious.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't mind the 2003 logo as a part of the Falcons' visual history. It's certainly dated, but not every team can be the Yankees. It's neat that you have a few team that play around with their look now and then and experiment with trends. 

My problem with the 2003 look is that it's stayed around far beyond its best-by date. The Falcons desperately need to return to a more traditional look, at least for the time being.

The 03 look is fine as a snapshot of what sports aesthetics were at the turn of the century/mid 2000s, but it's not good enough to be a full-time look in perpetuity. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I love the 1997-2002 look, too.  If the old falcon needed an update, it needed a different update.  I have to admit that it took me an embarrassingly long time to recognize that the logo was a side view of a falcon in flight with its wing pointed down.  I'd always thought it was more of an abstract design.  Once you see it "in flight" it makes sense.  I think the right update would have been to make the "in flight" aspect slightly more obvious.

I never had a problem seeing the falcon in profile in the old logo. It seemed to me to have come from the world of the old Pink Panther cartoons, where the characters would skulk around in silently nonchalant fashion to a bluesy tune. It was that "cool" in my eyes.

That said, I didn't see or conceive of the letter F in that logo. The 2003 update made that connection a lot clearer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I never had a problem seeing the falcon in profile in the old logo. It seemed to me to have come from the world of the old Pink Panther cartoons, where the characters would skulk around in silently nonchalant fashion to a bluesy tune. It was that "cool" in my eyes.

That said, I didn't see or conceive of the letter F in that logo. The 2003 update made that connection a lot clearer.

True. In that way the 2003 update did solve alot of problems. It's just so 2003. The local fans love the new logo but I've been seeing alot of vintage gear around lately. I feel like they may hold on to the current logo for another 5 years. a part of me wouldnt want it updated to anything but the old logo. I think we can all agree though they definitely should update the current era kit. It was my favorite uniform back in 2003, but with time my opinion like timeless looks more. I also really miss the falcons being black at home. Black Jersey, Black Helmet. I think there's something really powerful about that.

• Like 1

ATL

I can totally understand the argument that the Falcons uniforms are a dated mess, even though they don't bother me all that much.

The logo, however, is a clear a upgrade and proper modernization. They don't need to change it, I find it so much less dated than the old logo. I'd put anybody clinging to it in nearly the same category as anyone that prefers the old Arizona Cardinals logo.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I can totally understand the argument that the Falcons uniforms are a dated mess, even though they don't bother me all that much.

The logo, however, is a clear a upgrade and proper modernization. They don't need to change it, I find it so much less dated than the old logo. I'd put anybody clinging to it in nearly the same category as anyone that prefers the old Arizona Cardinals logo.

Agreed.

The current Falcons logo was a great upgrade and has aged well. If and when they get new uniforms (I really want them to), I hope the current logo sticks around. It was a fine evolution of a decent but aging mark.

• Like 3

I'm actually a fan of the Falcons logo. Abstract, but much better than the previous version(s).

The uniforms are dated, but they aren't bad. Removing the side piping on the jerseys and replacing said piping with a logo on the pants would make them much better.

Here's something that's unpopular: I prefer the cutoff shoulder stripes on football uniforms, rather than those that loop all the way around.

• Like 1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I never saw the F in either version of the logo until it was pointed out to me.. Probably on this site.. It's a picture of a falcon.. I don't need the first letter as well to help me understand that it's a falcon.. They drew a falcon, I saw a falcon, equation should've ended there.. This subtle/abstract stuff has gotten out of hand, and the falcon/F is partially responsible

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Here's something that's unpopular: I prefer the cutoff shoulder stripes on football uniforms, rather than those that loop all the way around.

I actually mentioned that a while back (and I agree). It makes it look like they have giant rubber bands going around their shoulder and armpit. I hated it... and still do.