Unpopular Opinions

15 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I never saw the F in either version of the logo until it was pointed out to me.. Probably on this site.. It's a picture of a falcon.. I don't need the first letter as well to help me understand that it's a falcon.. They drew a falcon, I saw a falcon, equation should've ended there.. This subtle/abstract stuff has gotten out of hand, and the falcon/F is partially responsible

Really? I mean, the original logo had the F too, and that was mid-60s, and I don't recall a lot of other 1965-2000 logos with similar subtleties, except in baseball. I think it's more a modern thing, period. The process of choosing a logo is more involved, so the process of designing and presenting a logo has become more involved as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Really? I mean, the original logo had the F too, and that was mid-60s, and I don't recall a lot of other 1965-2000 logos with similar subtleties, except in baseball. I think it's more a modern thing, period. The process of choosing a logo is more involved, so the process of designing and presenting a logo has become more involved as well.

The process of over-designing a logo in order to have MORE to present and "wow" team executives (and subsequently win the business)  is certainly the norm now, but that doesn't necessarily make things any better.. 

To talk about the Falcon more specifically, why would I ever notice the abstract "F"? My brain doesn't associate the letter F with Atlanta football.. The logo is of a not-so-abstract falcon, so I saw a falcon.. It's not even a falcon in an unnatural or awkward position that would give away the obvious attempt to force a letter into the design - it's just a falcon in flight, shapes in a pretty natural motion/position (albeit modernized and stylized a bit)..

Also, letters/monograms/initials should never represent the team's nickname.. They should always represent the team's location.. An abstract A would make more sense, although tougher to incorporate into a falcon logo.. 

I'm also not a fan of logos that try to do too much.. You're the Falcons.. Your logo is a falcon.. I see your logo, recognize that it's a falcon, and immediately associate it with "The Atlanta Falcons".. Mission accomplished.. No need for hidden F's, other than the grade I give the idea of the abstract F

16 hours ago, Ark said:

I have to say this is the Falcons best uniform set

LVKvD2Y.jpg

LuFvYtH.jpg

This was honestly one of my favorite football uniforms as a kid. In a way, it almost looked intimidating in the same way the Raiders do. I can't explain how, but that's the vibe I always got from it. They nailed it right then and there.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I uh, actually miss this cap logo

jk9pmxo8tqv2xfodsfhhwplfu.png

Sure this logo may represent the dark times of the team. And the "being cool" to the kids. But this logo wasn't that bad. Heck I even bought one for myself (my name happens to start with a J).

I'm hoping the Jays bring this as a ALT or for a Turn Back the Clock game someday. I would also like to buy the cap again with the New Era logo to it.

• Like 6

4ffh6gt.png

I hate these uniforms & never got any love for them, even as a kid: 

vincecarter.jpeg

Vince-Carter-Getty.jpg

The colours don't work, the back of the purple jersey being black made no sense & to top it off.... the fact they KEPT the template and recoloured it in pissed me off as a fan. Their inaugural uniforms are still the best set the Raptors have ever worn as should be what they wear right now: 

usa-today-8370589.0.jpg

Try to tell me Lowry & DeRozan don't look good in PURPLE. 

• Like 2

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

While I like the color Kelly Green, I think the Oakland A's are one of the few sports teams that looks better with a darker shade of Green.

• Like 11

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

3 hours ago, Mitch B said:

While I like the color Kelly Green, I think the Oakland A's are one of the few sports teams that looks better with a darker shade of Green.

I completely agree. I felt the same way about the Sonics, too.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 7/21/2017 at 10:45 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I completely agree. I felt the same way about the Sonics, too.

The darker green provides a better contrast to the brIght althletic gold.  Teams like the NYJets and the Philadelphia Eagles lack such a bright color and I believe look better with a lighter shade of green.

• Like 2

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The Nuggets' first powder blue look was pretty close to garbage, but they've slowly fixed it up into a very good look. The most recent changes are the best the Nuggets have ever looked in powder blue*, and by a mile.

I see them as a great example that, if you try, you can salvage a bad look by making the right changes to it. I wish they'd made these changes a lot earlier, but at least they made them and they're definitely the better for it.

*Not best EVER, just best in powder blue.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 7/24/2017 at 11:41 AM, KJTALBOT said:

I don't mind the New Era logo on the on field MLB hats. It's a maker's mark.

Yeah, I think the initial reaction was way overblown. It's hardly noticeable and I honestly think it makes the 59fifty caps look more like the real thing.

On 7/24/2017 at 10:41 AM, KJTALBOT said:

I don't mind the New Era logo on the on field MLB hats. It's a maker's mark.

I've had the reverse reaction. I didn't think it would bother me much at all when the addition of the logo was announced, but now I can't stop noticing it.

• Like 2

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -