Unpopular Opinions

I love Brandiose... and everything they have done for minor leagues baseball. At least they keep everything fun, creative and fresh. Hell, some might not be my first choice, but everything they put out is impressive and different. That is what minor league is about, and you can find me deciding what new brandiose branded teams hat I want to snag every year off of my low college income, just because it's worth the looks from others when they see the hat.

• Like 1

The Tennesse Titans should still be the Tennessee Oilers

The Titans is a very generic identity. The Oilers is classic in every way. The Lakers did the right thing by keeping that name when they moved to LA. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I love Brandiose... and everything they have done for minor leagues baseball. At least they keep everything fun, creative and fresh. Hell, some might not be my first choice, but everything they put out is impressive and different. That is what minor league is about, and you can find me deciding what new brandiose branded teams hat I want to snag every year off of my low college income, just because it's worth the looks from others when they see the hat.

I think they've been outstanding in the logo department, but I'm growing tired of the overused adjective-noun names.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ark said:

The Tennesse Titans should still be the Tennessee Oilers

The Titans is a very generic identity. The Oilers is classic in every way. The Lakers did the right thing by keeping that name when they moved to LA. 

I wouldn't necessarily call "Titans" generic in this context. Nashville has long been called the "Athens of the South," and has been home to a full-scale replica of the Parthenon since 1897. Plus the alliteration is nice.

However, I probably would've been fine with keeping "Oilers."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bradbury said:

I wouldn't necessarily call "Titans" generic in this context. Nashville has long been called the "Athens of the South," and has been home to a full-scale replica of the Parthenon since 1897. Plus the alliteration is nice.

However, I probably would've been fine with keeping "Oilers."

Ignore my Canadian ignorance, but does Tennessee have a lot of oil?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Xamboni said:

Ignore my Canadian ignorance, but does Tennessee have a lot of oil?

How many lakes and trolleys are there in Los Angeles?

How many grizzly bears are there in Memphis?

And I can't wait to go to the jazz festival in Utah

Addressing the previous comments, I still wish Charlotte, New Orleans, and Utah all rotated nicknames when it was announced that Charlotte would take back the Hornets nickname.

Charlotte Hornets

Utah Bobcats

New Orleans Jazz

All three make logical sense. Now if the NBA could figure out the Wizards identity crisis.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Addressing the previous comments, I still wish Charlotte, New Orleans, and Utah all rotated nicknames when it was announced that Charlotte would take back the Hornets nickname.

Charlotte Hornets

Utah Bobcats

New Orleans Jazz

HE DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Charlotte Hornets

Utah Bobcats

New Orleans Jazz

All three make logical sense. Now if the NBA could figure out the Wizards identity crisis.

no

• Like 2

@DNAsports I don't think you realise just how many times a lot of us have had to hear that "Utah, Charlotte, and New Orleans should swap names" argument.

It's been trotted out so often that I'm not sure I would oppose making it a banable offence.  

• Like 8

I get why people want it, but the name Utah Jazz doesn't bug me. It never has & I'm fine with the Pelicans being used as a name for New Orleans... as well as the Hornets being back in Charlotte now that the Bobcats name is gone. So there's no real reason to change. Also, Jazz wasn't even chosen for the Music by New Orleans, but rather it's definition: collective improvisation, a common theme in Swing Music (A type of jazz music) & BASKETBALL. Now that's a clever name. B)

• Like 2

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Swing music is heavily arranged and not open to collective improvisation outside the rhythm section (I think you're thinking of the hot jazz or Dixieland jazz of the early 20th century), and if you're saying the team was named the Jazz with no regard to New Orleans being the birthplace of jazz, you're deluding yourself.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@DNAsports I don't think you realise just how many times a lot of us have had to hear that "Utah, Charlotte, and New Orleans should swap names" argument.

It's been trotted out so often that I'm not sure I would oppose making it a banable offence.  

I honestly wasn't aware of it being a real argument. 

Another unpopular opinion I have is that I don't like how the Golden State Warriors current identity is as bad as the Washington Wizards current identity.