Unpopular Opinions

23 minutes ago, Ark said:

People think Nashville's new uniforms are terrible, apparently because there is too much gold or not enough blue.

josi.thumb.jpg.ddc883c901fbd3f1d4b02daa1

I love them, there is just enough gold. 

It's less about the proportion of the colors and more about distribution. Nearly all of the navy is on the cuffs and hem, which makes the sweater itself (AKA, the piece that sells) look super plain. Move that blue on the elbow or shoulders, and it would look more interesting.

Agreed that the full uniform looks good with "just enough gold."

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

I like the Coyotes logo and uniform, especially their away uni. I'm sorry.

The Coyotes currently look as good as they ever have, in my opinion. Their current look is a huge step up from the hem stripe-less Edge set they wore far longer than they had to.

• Like 1

I confess...I love the Indians' block "C".  Also, the red hat (just with the cream jersey.  Why did they get rid of it?).  My dad loves the Flames' fire-snorting horsehead logo.  Not sure if that qualifies...

Note:  I am okay with Chief Wahoo.  I just like the block "C" better.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

I actually own a Mets and Royals BFBS cap. Even though I am a Cards fan, I had to get them. Payed three bucks at the local antique store. Dont know what it is, but they both look right to me. Probably because I grew up with them wearing black, but IMO it looks nice. A's on the other hand have no business in black...

I say that I can stand most unpopular opinions...but I look at this thread and it gives me a headache. (Not trying to dump on you.)

I'm glad I didn't have to live through part of the Royals-in-Black era.  Born in '03, Royals and D-backs fan for life.  Unless they move...

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I say that I can stand most unpopular opinions...but I look at this thread and it gives me a headache. (Not trying to dump on you.)

I'm glad I didn't have to live through part of the Royals-in-Black era.  Born in '03, Royals and D-backs fan for life.  Unless they move...

See, I was born in '00. Im a Cardinals fan for life, so I really don't like the Royals. I didn't follow baseball untill 08 or so, and by then BFBS had fizzled out fot the most part. But I just really like those black Royals hats for some reason. 

I can remember very little of anything-sports included-before 2012 or thereabouts.  By that point BFBS was nearly dead.  Even the Mets were done.  I'm glad I have only pictures to rely on for most BFBS-era monstrosities.  I will remember Mets-in-Black for many things, not the least of which was beating my DeeBax in the NLDS back in '99.  Not too fond of it, for many a reason.

Does liking the Mets' non-pinstriped white alts (black-free, regular cap, not that orange-brimmed stupidity) count as an unpopular opinion?

Also, I'm fine with the Cards if they're not playing AZ or KC.

11 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

‘03?! Holy hell. I’m not even old and I feel old. 

I can respect buying those three dollar hats from an antique store, that’s a deal that’s pretty tough to pass up. I own a Rockies Memorial Day cap from a couple years ago with the camo crown-purple bill; I despise camo but thought this one looked surprisingly sharp. Even among terrible trends, there’s always a few that look (kind of) decent. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

I can respect buying those three dollar hats from an antique store, that’s a deal that’s pretty tough to pass up. I own a Rockies Memorial Day cap from a couple years ago with the camo crown-purple bill; I despise camo but thought this one looked surprisingly sharp. Even among terrible trends, there’s always a few that look (kind of) decent. 

I just bought one of those camo BoSox hats a couple of months ago.  I think it's the tan color of the camouflage with the red that got me.  It looks sharp, and I don't even like the Red Sox.

10 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

Tell me about it. @Danny the Sheebwas born the year I graduated high school. 

Danny, I am envious of the fact that you didn't have to deal with the monstrous sports fashions that plagued my mid-teens through my early twenties. Drab colors (it's given me a lasting dislike of navy blue) with lots of BFBS, overly complicated designs that made no sense...my least favorites of those looks would be those of the Bills in football and (sorry) the Royals in baseball. I only regret that you didn't get to see bright metallic colors, to which Nike is apparently allergic.

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I only regret that you didn't get to see bright metallic colors, to which Nike is apparently allergic.

Spealong of bright metallic colors, here's an unpopular opinion of my own: I'd love to see someone in the NBA own the copper and sky blue that the Jazz used for trim colors from 1997-2004. (Or that copper and the 2004-10 sky blue.) Not the Jazz, mind you. Grizzlies, maybe? I want to see a copper uniform, dangit!

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Tell me about it. @Danny the Sheebwas born the year I graduated high school. 

Danny, I am envious of the fact that you didn't have to deal with the monstrous sports fashions that plagued my mid-teens through my early twenties. Drab colors (it's given me a lasting dislike of navy blue) with lots of BFBS, overly complicated designs that made no sense...my least favorites of those looks would be those of the Bills in football and (sorry) the Royals in baseball. I only regret that you didn't get to see bright metallic colors, to which Nike is apparently allergic.

Are you referring to the Royals' BFBS era? I prefer to pretend that never happened.  I love saying that if the 2015 World Series had happened ten years before, we would have a calamity on our hands.

Nobody else my age seems to care about sports logos.  Knowledge is wasted on my generation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Spealong of bright metallic colors, here's an unpopular opinion of my own: I'd love to see someone in the NBA own the copper and sky blue that the Jazz used for trim colors from 1997-2004. (Or that copper and the 2004-10 sky blue.) Not the Jazz, mind you. Grizzlies, maybe? I want to see a copper uniform, dangit!

I wish the wizards went with something like (copper and Sky blue) that as a call back to an older era with a twist

• Like 1

ATL