raysox

Unpopular Opinions

It's a great look in a vacuum. It just doesn't work given the team's history. 

All of the losing didn't help either :P

All of that said? I've got both a home and road replica. Because I have a problem. 

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_7164.JPG.ca9808daff90706c228eaad9612f8ff9.JPG

Honestly?  I know very little about hockey or hockey sweaters, or the Leafs' uniform history...but these look pretty good.  Does wanting them to bring back the cutout leaf count as an unpopular opinion? (Probably)

Not jersey related, but givin the spirit of that other thread, I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing a football game played in a baseball stadium (and vice versa) for old time’s sake.

I like curved hemstripes on hockey uniforms, and I think its one of the few things adidas got right.

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I like curved hemstripes on hockey uniforms, and I think its one of the few things adidas got right.

I'm still not a fan of them, but I don't hate them anymore and almost never notice them. Initially I thought it would bug me forever.

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion around here; I think Oregon looks much better in dark green than apple green. That's not to say the brighter green is not a good color, but I don think it contrasts yellow well enough, and I love the iridescent dark green helmet that mimics a mallard's head.

I'd love to see a new set based on this jersey:IMG_1205.JPG.eeabd12f98fa39b50538a195d95ec2d8.JPG

with matching dark green and white jerseys, yellow and green pants, this helmet with the O, not wings and that would be perfect.IMG_0646.thumb.JPG.72769970f6e109ca4afcc711444f123c.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion around here; I think Oregon looks much better in dark green than apple green. That's not to say the brighter green is not a good color, but I don think it contrasts yellow well enough, and I love the iridescent dark green helmet that mimics a mallard's head.

I'd love to see a new set based on this jersey:IMG_1205.JPG.eeabd12f98fa39b50538a195d95ec2d8.JPG

with matching dark green and white jerseys, yellow and green pants, this helmet with the O, not wings and that would be perfect.IMG_0646.thumb.JPG.72769970f6e109ca4afcc711444f123c.JPG

Probably unpopular but I've always believed this is better than the Yankees home set and is the best home look in the American League. 

IMG_1756.JPG

The mighty ducks is a god-awful movie for everyone over the age of 40. The cheese factor is strong with this one.

Was scared I was going to open this thread and see someone saying they thought the Rams looked good yesterday aha.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:37 PM, Arby's. said:

Probably unpopular but I've always believed this is better than the Yankees home set and is the best home look in the American League. 

IMG_1756.JPG

I don't know if it's better than the Yankees...but it's really, really good.  Easily top 5 in AL.

When the White Sox went to that look, I viewed it as following a trend.  I'd never have thought they'd still have it nearly 30 years later...after all, they were the team that changed uniforms regularly.

And now, after variations of blue and/or red, this is their identity, which is saying a lot for an original AL team.  I think their willingness to keep the brand constant has made it so. I know we all are disappointed about the change to the patch and pants striping on the road, but in the big picture, nothing much has changed.

It's actually a very "Yankees" set.  The road uniforms incorporate enough white to look a bit less traditional than the homes, which don't mess with sleeve piping/stripes and serve as traditional, team-identifying threads.

Interestingly, I always consider the Yankees a top-5 look, but don't really with the Sox.  Part of it, I suppose, is a nod toward the tradition of that Yankee uniform as symbolic of what baseball uniforms should be.  Another part is just general preference that I can't put my finger on.  And finally, the interlocking "NY" is better than the "Sox."  This is particularly true of the hat. While that home jersey is great, the road jersey is solid, and the overall look works really well, I actually put their hat toward the bottom.  I know using "Sox" on the hat is kinda their thing (and the "C" on the late 1980s hat, while serviceable, looked odd), but I personally can't put that with the top hats in MLB.

Not only is the White Sox's home set better than the Yankees' but their road set is way better and they have a very good alt. The White Sox could very well have the best overall look in baseball.

4 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Not only is the White Sox's home set better than the Yankees' but their road set is way better and they have a very good alt. The White Sox could very well have the best overall look in baseball.

If they brought back the sock patch, the old striping on their road pants and ditched those horrific matte helmets then I’d say they would give the cardinals a run for their money as the best overall look.  The Yankees don’t have a bad look but they have to be the most over rated uniforms I can think of. They aren’t even the top three in their division let alone near the top of baseball. Iconic yes, but best? Not even close. 

I think the Twins could be the best blue/red team if they would narrow their image, skip the red-dominated hats and jerseys, and dump the gold.

The gold is unnecessary but more than that it's inconsequential. It doesn't move the needle in either direction considering that you can't really make it out in action.

And I love the red look.

10 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Twins are the best looking navy/red team in baseball:

IMG_2759.JPG.bf9af7de2213086345688234a5715fbc.JPGIMG_2760.thumb.JPG.fd962a9f4d40533a71c873e4448a364a.JPG

Very solid look. Love the way that bright home white pops. I always thought the pinstripes just looked boring and unnecessary on the Twins.

If the Twins are the best looking navy/red team now what were they before?

1f5a87e36a86b88d21948bd03dcd0408.jpg

Torii+Hunter+smile.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ark said:

If they Twins are the best looking navy/red team now what were they before?

1f5a87e36a86b88d21948bd03dcd0408.jpg

Torii+Hunter+smile.jpg

Ugh, this set is too good. Wish they never got rid of it.