raysox

Unpopular Opinions

26 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I am from the Philadelphia area and I have never really felt a connection with the Eagles. I can watch their games in a objective manner, and not care one bit if they win or lose. I agree to a certain degree about your Cubs example and how that unites a city. However, if the Eagles win a Superbowl, I just won't feel any kind of excitement. So, I think that most people would feel a sense of unity, I cannot say that I would feel the same. 

The Cubs example is kind of funny though since that town has 2 baseball teams.

2 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Yeah, I'm not sure that the south side was too happy.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, AstroBull21 said:

I prefer this Panthers set as a primary rather than an alternate uniform.  In a division with so much black (Saints, Falcons, Panthers) the electric blue really breaks it up.

Carolina-Panthers-2012-2013-Blue-Alterna

I think the Panthers might look better with dark gray instead of silver.

ff_2360338alt2_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2176802_xl.jpg&w=600

This look from the Cardinals ain't half bad the more I see it:

knxv%20adrian%20peterson%20cardinals_150

Image result for cardinals black

On 10/16/2017 at 12:05 PM, -Akronite- said:

This made me wonder, I wonder how many fans there are of both the Cubs and White Sox and if any are truly die hard fans of both. I know being a die hard fan pretty much excludes having a 2nd die hard team but there are plenty of fans that can and do root for two teams of the same sport in different cities... such as a transplanted fan who picks up a genuine fandom in their new local team while still maintaining their fandom for their original team... so I figure there has to be "someone" who roots for both the Cubs and White Sox right? Or is that not a thing? Curious if anyone can chime in on this.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

This made me wonder, I wonder how many fans there are of both the Cubs and White Sox and if any are truly die hard fans of both. I know being a die hard fan pretty much excludes having a 2nd die hard team but there are plenty of fans that can and do root for two teams of the same sport in different cities... such as a transplanted fan who picks up a genuine fandom in their new local team while still maintaining their fandom for their original team... so I figure there has to be "someone" who roots for both the Cubs and White Sox right? Or is that not a thing? Curious if anyone can chime in on this.

Generally speaking, you're either a Cubs fan or a White Sox fan. There really aren't too many people who are serious fans of both teams. Lots of diehard fans may follow both teams, but they don't typically root for both. It seems most Sox fans hate the Cubs, and Cubs fans either hate the Sox or are indifferent towards them. Sox fans tend to have stronger feeling against the Cubs due to the disparity in media coverage between the two teams as well as the overall dynamic between the South Side and North Side. 

Take it from someone who lived in Chicago for a sizable portion of their life:

There's no such thing as a fan of the Cubs and White Sox. Much like the old Yankees/Dodgers/Giants rivalry, the teams don't just represent their city, they represent their specific neighborhoods (Cubs=North Side and White Sox=South Side) and in a city as historically segregated as Chicago there's really no middle ground to take.

3 hours ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

Generally speaking, you're either a Cubs fan or a White Sox fan. There really aren't too many people who are serious fans of both teams. Lots of diehard fans may follow both teams, but they don't typically root for both. It seems most Sox fans hate the Cubs, and Cubs fans either hate the Sox or are indifferent towards them. Sox fans tend to have stronger feeling against the Cubs due to the disparity in media coverage between the two teams as well as the overall dynamic between the South Side and North Side. 

This is the EXACT case with me when it comes to the Dodgers and Angels. I follow both teams ( and want success with both; a Dodgers/Angels WS would be a dream)...but I’m a Dodgers fan more.

38F74B74-B9D6-4012-A0B4-0005A3E9028A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

This is the EXACT case with me when it comes to the Dodgers and Angels. I follow both teams ( and want success with both; a Dodgers/Angels WS would be a dream)...but I’m a Dodgers fan more.

38F74B74-B9D6-4012-A0B4-0005A3E9028A.jpeg

And... I'm exactly the same. I've never been a truly die hard fan of any given team, I'm more of a "regional" fan, if that makes sense. I love the Dodgers, but I was happy when the Angels won in 2002, because they're my AL team. I love the Lakers, but I would be okay with the Clippers winning (LOL!). I was happy when the Ducks won the Cup, but I cared much more when the Kings won.

And yes... I don't even hate the Giants. I have this weird thing where I usually end up supporting the team that wins the division or is from the same state of my actually loved teams. I figure, if my team can't do it, at least someone else from the same division/state can.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:39 PM, daveindc said:

I think the Panthers might look better with dark gray instead of silver.

ff_2360338alt2_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2176802_xl.jpg&w=600

This look from the Cardinals ain't half bad the more I see it:

knxv%20adrian%20peterson%20cardinals_150

Image result for cardinals black

I love this Cardinals look even if it is BFBS. That crappy rebook template is passable here.

56 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I love this Cardinals look even if it is BFBS. That crappy rebook template is passable here.

Yeah, I guess technically it's not even BFBS since black is a part of their scheme. Either way it's a nice, unique look. You would think white helmets with black jerseys will look odd. With white pants completing the look, and splashes of red throughout, they're really pulling it off. 

This is a terribly underappreciated sweater:

3589D8B3-6B32-4729-8CDD-5E2767CAFD96.jpeg.2996111e7a6b9068f457f679c073b397.jpeg

It should’ve been a lasting classic and not a one-hit wonder. 

On 9/6/2017 at 8:13 PM, Ark said:

A hockey jersey doesn't have to have a traditional waist stripe to be great

The ultimate example of this is the set the Flyers had for 20 years:

303370.jpg

It doesn't but it is very rare to have a nice uniform without the waist stripe to properly balance out thee jersey and frame the logo. The Flyers had themselves a good jersey here. Good, not great. The 70's look was without a doubt great.

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This is a terribly underappreciated sweater:

3589D8B3-6B32-4729-8CDD-5E2767CAFD96.jpeg.2996111e7a6b9068f457f679c073b397.jpeg

It should’ve been a lasting classic and not a one-hit wonder. 

I think the same thing about this jersey

mario-lemieux-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins

9 hours ago, Ark said:

I think the same thing about this jersey

mario-lemieux-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins

I felt this one was better because it didn’t use the same font as the Rangers. 

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Top 3 best looking college football uniform sets (in no particular order):

Colorado

Michigan

Minnesota

Just gorgeous:

DMtY1Q0VoAATMGt.jpg

DMtY1Q2U8AAnzP7.jpg