Unpopular Opinions

I don't like the Vikings sleeves stripes or the ship sail first digit font. I honestly think they'd look a lot better if their sleeve stripe was the same pattern as the pants stripes, and if they only used the second digit number font.... They also need a pair of white socks... and switching to white facemasks wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

The cartoon bird logo stinks and the other one in 10,000 times better.

opx6tqq8op3bfdukbvuggz75f.png

mqhyhr9n3xfxnvggrtfyfgg7g.png

Honestly I wouldn't mind happy derpy bird as like an alt hat, but to mothball that nice looking bird logo for it? Not a fan.

And not a fan of their white paneled hat (and I love the blue jays white paneled).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind happy derpy bird as like an alt hat, but to mothball that nice looking bird logo for it? Not a fan.

And not a fan of their white paneled hat (and I love the blue jays white paneled).

My opinion on paneled hats:

Orioles - meh

Padres - meh

Blue Jays - good but would also be good in solid blue

Expos - Oui oui!

Generally I prefer solid-colored hats to paneled ones, and this especially refers to white. There's just something I like about a solid white baseball cap. (Now, contrasting bills I think are generally easier to get right than panels.)

In general, paneled caps strike me as too '70s, and remind me of the cheap trucker-type hats that lots of people wore back in the pre-New Era...era. To some that might be their charm, but to me it's their downfall.

• Like 1

COXXUC8284c.JPG

I wish Colorado would revive the powder blue as a one-off. I know that it's associated with some of the worst Colorado football teams, but it's a good look that incorporates the school colors of gold and silver. A metallic gold on the jersey would be necessary, should it be revived.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

COXXUC8284c.JPG

I wish Colorado would revive the powder blue as a one-off. I know that it's associated with some of the worst Colorado football teams, but it's a good look that incorporates the school colors of gold and silver. A metallic gold on the jersey would be necessary, should it be revived.

Maybe when they play UCLA in a Pac-12 matchup ??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Like 1

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

COXXUC8284c.JPG

I wanna make sweet love with that Facemask

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

The Patriots uniforms are top 5 in the NFL and the best "modern" uniform in sports.

Excellentt logo

Great, unique numbers

Simple, good-looking striping

Great color scheme (Silver-Blue-Silver home and Silver-White-Blue away)

The details are spot-on (facemask, collar, etc.)

IMO they are the definition of a modern classic and hopefully they remain the Patriots primary uniforms forever.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ark said:

The Patriots uniforms are top 5 in the NFL and the best "modern" uniform in sports.

Excellentt logo

Great, unique numbers

IMO they are the definition of a modern classic and hopefully they remain the Patriots primary uniforms forever.

Drop the side panels and side piping, and it's a pretty darn good set.. Those two elements are so 2000's that they drag the whole look down

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ark said:

Excellentt logo

Great, unique numbers

Maybe the success of the team enhances it a bit? I always saw them as purely average in every way. And I don't think there will ever be a fulltime return to the old red Pete Patriot stuff. Though the whole Flying Elvis thing I never got.  I never looked at that logo and saw Elvis.

I think they will change things up a bit once Brady retires as to usher in a new era, but I doubt much is changed. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Beautiful, solid look. 

The below jersey eventually was raised from 3rd to permanent road...and while it's not bad it's something that should've been kept as an alternate. Don't like the pointy shoulders

da3cd3e27cbe232387cbb5029832ddf9.jpg

This is something that a couple teams did in the late 90's/early 2000's. The Flyers' black jerseys were awesome as once-in-a-while alternates, but then eventually they replaced the orange jerseys as the playoff roads, and then the oranges were phased out entirely.

The Stars, Senators, Flames, Panthers, and Sharks all did likewise, promoting alternates to full-time road status. Not all were bad looks, but some seemed cooler as alternate looks that you saw occasionally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I cannot stand the lightning bolt "stripes" on the Chargers uniforms 

They worked for the 1990s set, but seem forced in the 2007 set.

Hopefully, the move to LA (and backlash to that ridiculous marketing logo) will lead to a revamp in a few years.