raysox

Unpopular Opinions

On 10/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

This is a terribly underappreciated sweater:

3589D8B3-6B32-4729-8CDD-5E2767CAFD96.jpeg.2996111e7a6b9068f457f679c073b397.jpeg

It should’ve been a lasting classic and not a one-hit wonder. 

The only weakness of that jersey was the omission of the original skating penguin logo, it would have been a perfect fit on the right shoulder area.

14 hours ago, Pabig said:

I really miss the 2002-2010 Buffalo Bills uniforms. They were a thing of beauty.

Gonna need an explanation for this one!

You know what really bugs me about the Cubs home uniform? The giant TM right underneath their chest logo. Seriously, why is that there? Other teams don't have the trademark symbol on their jerseys.

10 hours ago, Quillz said:

You know what really bugs me about the Cubs home uniform? The giant TM right underneath their chest logo. Seriously, why is that there? Other teams don't have the trademark symbol on their jerseys.

You ruined the Cubs jersey for me. 

On 10/13/2017 at 11:54 AM, leopard88 said:
On 10/4/2017 at 10:38 PM, DeFrank said:

It's time. The Redskins should drop the gold pants, just like they did in the 1970s.

image.thumb.png.2459a72e7d5ada6cc9c0ed155dc914d1.png

On 10/4/2017 at 11:52 PM, SFGiants58 said:

This look would go from a nine to a solid ten if the players all wore their socks the correct way up (matching the sleeve stripes).

How have I never noticed this before?  Now I'm going to spend every Redskins game when they wear those socks looking at the stripes.

. . . which is exactly what I did last night.

17 hours ago, insert name said:

You ruined the Cubs jersey for me. 

I think I first noticed it Game 2 or 3 of the NLDS this postseason, whenever they first wore it against the Nats. I saw it immediately and could not unsee it. Seriously, why? The logo existing makes it already copyrighted, does the jersey really need to confirm it?

11 hours ago, Quillz said:

I think I first noticed it Game 2 or 3 of the NLDS this postseason, whenever they first wore it against the Nats. I saw it immediately and could not unsee it. Seriously, why? The logo existing makes it already copyrighted, does the jersey really need to confirm it?

So many annoying (c) and TM signs in the logo world. Amazing that more don't show up on uniforms.

I wonder why, of all teams, the Cubs do it and so many others don't. You'd almost think it would have to be all teams or none. As if it was there because it was "required" in some way. How does one have it and nobody else? 

I don't like the Vikings sleeves stripes or the ship sail first digit font. I honestly think they'd look a lot better if their sleeve stripe was the same pattern as the pants stripes, and if they only used the second digit number font.... They also need a pair of white socks... and switching to white facemasks wouldn't hurt.

5 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

The cartoon bird logo stinks and the other one in 10,000 times better.

opx6tqq8op3bfdukbvuggz75f.png

mqhyhr9n3xfxnvggrtfyfgg7g.png

Honestly I wouldn't mind happy derpy bird as like an alt hat, but to mothball that nice looking bird logo for it? Not a fan.

And not a fan of their white paneled hat (and I love the blue jays white paneled).

24 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind happy derpy bird as like an alt hat, but to mothball that nice looking bird logo for it? Not a fan.

And not a fan of their white paneled hat (and I love the blue jays white paneled).

My opinion on paneled hats:

Orioles - meh

Padres - meh

Blue Jays - good but would also be good in solid blue

Expos - Oui oui!

Generally I prefer solid-colored hats to paneled ones, and this especially refers to white. There's just something I like about a solid white baseball cap. (Now, contrasting bills I think are generally easier to get right than panels.)

In general, paneled caps strike me as too '70s, and remind me of the cheap trucker-type hats that lots of people wore back in the pre-New Era...era. To some that might be their charm, but to me it's their downfall.

My favorite era of Sabres uniforms is the red/black years. Especially with this third:

Image result for buffalo sabres

I LOVE these Bolts jerseys and find them to far superior to the bland unis they have now:

Image result for tampa bay lightning

Most O's fans (at least in the Baltimore area) absolutely LOVE the cartoon bird, so it's not likely to be pitched anytime soon.

The realistic bird is okay I guess, but I really like the "O's" logo more.

Men's Baltimore Orioles New Era Black/Orange Alternate Authentic Collection On Field 59FIFTY Performance Fitted Hat

COXXUC8284c.JPG

I wish Colorado would revive the powder blue as a one-off. I know that it's associated with some of the worst Colorado football teams, but it's a good look that incorporates the school colors of gold and silver. A metallic gold on the jersey would be necessary, should it be revived.

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

COXXUC8284c.JPG

I wish Colorado would revive the powder blue as a one-off. I know that it's associated with some of the worst Colorado football teams, but it's a good look that incorporates the school colors of gold and silver. A metallic gold on the jersey would be necessary, should it be revived.

Maybe when they play UCLA in a Pac-12 matchup 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

COXXUC8284c.JPG

I wanna make sweet love with that Facemask

I don’t know how unpopular this is since I haven’t heard anyone talk about it, but I think the marshal badge logo on Oklahoma State’s football helmets should be the new primary logo. It might need some tweaking, but it could work.