raysox

Unpopular Opinions

I think that the Preds' away jersey is far superior to their home. The yoke with the stripe add so much to an otherwise bland design.

I’m really not a fan of Heat concepts that feature the Vice colors. None of them look right to me.

22 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I think that the Preds' away jersey is far superior to their home. The yoke with the stripe add so much to an otherwise bland design.

I didn’t realize this was unpopular. Totally agree. 

The Patriots uniforms are top 5 in the NFL and the best "modern" uniform in sports.

Excellentt logo

Great, unique numbers

Simple, good-looking striping

Great color scheme (Silver-Blue-Silver home and Silver-White-Blue away)

The details are spot-on (facemask, collar, etc.)

IMO they are the definition of a modern classic and hopefully they remain the Patriots primary uniforms forever.

2 hours ago, Ark said:

The Patriots uniforms are top 5 in the NFL and the best "modern" uniform in sports.

Excellentt logo

Great, unique numbers

IMO they are the definition of a modern classic and hopefully they remain the Patriots primary uniforms forever.

Drop the side panels and side piping, and it's a pretty darn good set.. Those two elements are so 2000's that they drag the whole look down

8 hours ago, Ark said:

Excellentt logo

Great, unique numbers

Maybe the success of the team enhances it a bit? I always saw them as purely average in every way. And I don't think there will ever be a fulltime return to the old red Pete Patriot stuff. Though the whole Flying Elvis thing I never got.  I never looked at that logo and saw Elvis.

I think they will change things up a bit once Brady retires as to usher in a new era, but I doubt much is changed. 

On 10/20/2017 at 10:50 PM, Ark said:

I think the same thing about this jersey

mario-lemieux-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins

Beautiful, solid look. 

The below jersey eventually was raised from 3rd to permanent road...and while it's not bad it's something that should've been kept as an alternate. Don't like the pointy shoulders

da3cd3e27cbe232387cbb5029832ddf9.jpg

5 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Beautiful, solid look. 

The below jersey eventually was raised from 3rd to permanent road...and while it's not bad it's something that should've been kept as an alternate. Don't like the pointy shoulders

da3cd3e27cbe232387cbb5029832ddf9.jpg

This is something that a couple teams did in the late 90's/early 2000's. The Flyers' black jerseys were awesome as once-in-a-while alternates, but then eventually they replaced the orange jerseys as the playoff roads, and then the oranges were phased out entirely.

The Stars, Senators, Flames, Panthers, and Sharks all did likewise, promoting alternates to full-time road status. Not all were bad looks, but some seemed cooler as alternate looks that you saw occasionally.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I cannot stand the lightning bolt "stripes" on the Chargers uniforms 

They worked for the 1990s set, but seem forced in the 2007 set.

Hopefully, the move to LA (and backlash to that ridiculous marketing logo) will lead to a revamp in a few years.

On 11/14/2017 at 6:46 AM, Bob5151 said:

This is something that a couple teams did in the late 90's/early 2000's. The Flyers' black jerseys were awesome as once-in-a-while alternates, but then eventually they replaced the orange jerseys as the playoff roads, and then the oranges were phased out entirely.

The Stars, Senators, Flames, Panthers, and Sharks all did likewise, promoting alternates to full-time road status. Not all were bad looks, but some seemed cooler as alternate looks that you saw occasionally.

Strange times. I remember all of that and I just couldn't believe the Flyers iconic orange was just...out of the rotation? People like the black jerseys but I mean who was asking for them to be the permanents? For them the orange phase out only lasted a year as by 2002-2003 they got an orange alternate. But then again with the first RBK rollout they ditched orange for good in 2007-2008 and went with a black home jersey. Finally in 08-09 when alternates were reintroduced the Flyers went with a mid 70's inspired jersey, white nameplate. It was so well received you just knew from day 1 that would be the permanent home uni soon. 

That black horse head jersey for Calgary was terrible and again, who was clamoring for that to be the permanent homes?

To me the Flames still look like a mess. They don't belong in black in any way. I don't like any of the piping. They need conventional, horizontal hem stripes. They bring back the classic look as an alternate and it is beloved. Extremely well received. People are begging for you to go back to the classic Flames look.

Do they? No

This isn't so unpopular on this board (I don't think?) but apparently the Stampeders' 2-colour helmet they use with their black alternate jersey is really popular amongst CFL fans, and I just don't understand it at all:
sports-football-calgary-stampeders-calga
It's bad enough that it's just a recolour of the Jaguars' awful helmet, but the front's flat and the back's shiny - its not consistent at all, and that just really irritates me.

The Minnesota Wild logo is better suited for a football helmet than a hockey jersey

team-30-light.svg

Side Note: Last night I went to the Capitals-Wild game, and for the first time I noticed the bear's "mouth" is a river.

7 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

This isn't so unpopular on this board (I don't think?) but apparently the Stampeders' 2-colour helmet they use with their black alternate jersey is really popular amongst CFL fans, and I just don't understand it at all:
It's bad enough that it's just a recolour of the Jaguars' awful helmet, but the front's flat and the back's shiny - its not consistent at all, and that just really irritates me.

Because its freakin sick how it like, y'know changes colours dude.

14 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Exactly like the Jaguars helmet. All of my friends love it (and we talk uniforms a lot, and generally they have decent taste), and then I go cry in the corner and question my life choices try to argue with them.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:58 PM, mcj882000 said:

It looks like a bad high school helmet that is ripping off SMU, I agree with you

On 11/17/2017 at 7:53 AM, DNAsports said:

white pants-white pants matchups in football look terrible.

Example:

This,

920x920.jpg

is way worse than this,

856343964.0.jpg

I wouldn't like that in baseball, but I don't have a problem with it in football.