raysox

Unpopular Opinions

I think the Carolina Panthers' jerseys are clunky and outdated. I didn't realize I was in the minority. But apparently a lot of people consider them modern classics

6 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Before it was wildly overdone by schools nationwide, I thought the Broncos 97 set was really creative and well-designed.

Looking back, it was - and side panels can look good when they are an extension of the pants stripe, as long as they line up neatly. At the time, though, I was crushed (no pun intended) by the departure of their previous set, which was and is one of my all-time favorites.

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

For some weird reason, I really like this combo for the Rams:

rams_jaguars_football_24705587-1.jpg?w=5

I just.........don’t know what to say.

If the gold and white on the jerseys were swapped it would be passable at least but as it’s its completely awful. Even worse when it’s mono blue.

This is the best look the Eagles ever had.

13.jpg

I like Red Bull New York/the New York Red Bulls' identity. I don't care if I don't even know the proper name of the team :P I just like the whole identity. It works for me, given naming conventions in soccer.

That it replaced another corporate name helps too.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:49 PM, Rocky Raccoon said:

The Bills-Dolphins game looked really awesome with both teams wearing their old school uniforms.

It did, but here is my unpopular opinion:

I don't understand the love for the Bills' old "standing buffalo" logo. The "charging buffalo" they've used for so long looks dynamic and fast. The standing one looks clunky and slow, and they were terrible during the time it was their main logo. The biggest highlight of its time involved one of the biggest douchebags in league history. 

On 2018-01-05 at 8:43 AM, ScubaSteve said:

I think the Carolina Panthers' jerseys are clunky and outdated. I didn't realize I was in the minority. But apparently a lot of people consider them modern classics

I'm in total agreement. I also think silver completely ruins the look. It would be so much cleaner and better with just white-Carolina blue-black

I like plain uniforms. The Padres uni would be even better if they replaced the navy with BROWN.

I like cream jerseys.

I like the Jags monochrome black uni’s, it makes the teal pop nicely.

I really like the Capitals current jerseys, side panels and all. The only thing they need to do is to put the Weagle on the front instead of the script

57 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

Here you go.  :P

qbYPCvw.jpg

Lol...in all seriousness, though, what color would the helmet look best in? Red, maybe?

On 1/17/2018 at 1:21 AM, Ben in LA said:

I like plain uniforms. The Padres uni would be even better if they replaced the navy with BROWN.

I like cream jerseys.

I do agree with this.  The uniform would be equally plain but it would at least be unique.  There's tons of blue in MLB and essentially no brown.

I think it needs another color (most of us think yellow, I think orange, a few think things like light blue).  But if they want to be boring, going with brown would at least set them apart some.

10 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Here you go.  :P

qbYPCvw.jpg

Does anyone else picture a cartoon-like setup where there's a moon down by the chin strap buckle that rotates up and changes the background of the helmet from day to night?

On 10/17/2017 at 3:32 PM, Ben in LA said:

This is the EXACT case with me when it comes to the Dodgers and Angels. I follow both teams ( and want success with both; a Dodgers/Angels WS would be a dream)...but I’m a Dodgers fan more.

38F74B74-B9D6-4012-A0B4-0005A3E9028A.jpeg

It's hard to tell whether the Angels logo is desecrating the Dodgers logo, or if the Dodgers logo is impaling the Angels logo.

I think these jerseys were actually great just not for the Lions. Love the way the white outlines pop on the sleeves and numbers with the blue.

det-05-07-black-cliffwelch-vert-620x879.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:46 PM, DNAsports said:

For some weird reason, I really like this combo for the Rams:

rams_jaguars_football_24705587-1.jpg?w=5

This thread is “Unpopular Opinions” not “Wrong And Absurd Opinions.” :)

On 2/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, ltjets21 said:

I think these jerseys were actually great just not for the Lions. Love the way the white outlines pop on the sleeves and numbers with the blue.

det-05-07-black-cliffwelch-vert-620x879.

Panthers?