raysox

Unpopular Opinions

As a one-game thing, white pants don't look horrible in hockey. While the Kings' 2015 Stadium Series uniform would have looked better with gray or black pants, both the Pacific Division All-Stars and Maple Leafs Stadium Series uniforms this year look good with white pants.

Flying Elvis is a far better logo than Pat Patriot. It's sleek and clean, while Pat's far too detailed to effectively work as a football logo. I have the same issue with the pre-1996 Eagles logo.

Three hockey ones.

I don't like the Shark's original set. It's better than what they're wearing now, but I still don't think it's good.

The Leafs current look is the best in the NHL.

The Adidas Sens jerseys are better than their Reebok ones.

I prefer the Eagles in midnight green; not only is it unique to them, but they've appeared in two Super Bowls and won their only one in it. I usually associate Kelly green with the Jets, anyway.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

I prefer the Eagles in midnight green; not only is it unique to them, but they've appeared in two Super Bowls and won their only one in it. I usually associate Kelly green with the Jets, anyway.

Honestly, I think they should do both. Just replace the black with Kelly Green. 

I'd just like to see the Eagles creep the shade of midnight green up to be a little lighter. Teams tweak their colors all the time without making full-blown changes.

I just want the Eagles to add silver back to their uniforms. 

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I just want the Eagles to add silver back to their uniforms. 

It's there already

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It's there already

is it?

i'm not arguing, i honestly don't know.

i thought they slowly phased out all their silver for that gunmetal shade of dark grey over the years, and even then, only in outlines.

10 hours ago, ColeJ said:

is it?

i'm not arguing, i honestly don't know.

i thought they slowly phased out all their silver for that gunmetal shade of dark grey over the years, and even then, only in outlines.

If nothing else, it's at least present in the helmet wings and sleeve logos.. With the amount of white and black they use, I think the silver and charcoal grey both get lost.. A nice medium-light grey would eliminate an unnecessary color from their palette and be more distinctive on their uniforms, as well as visually tie more closely to the silver of the past

I think Pat Patriot is a terrible logo.

58 minutes ago, FALCON6 said:

I’d consider not even calling it a logo

1 hour ago, FALCON6 said:

It is.

but “muh nostalgia”

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I’d consider not even calling it a logo

It's a newspaper cartoon the team later adopted.

On 1/1/2018 at 5:01 PM, Ark said:

I just learned this opinion is unpopular...

I love the Rams and Giants dual-shades of blue

900109690.jpg

3f41a4b5c666605eab423d481cfc91ec--lawren

Even though the helmets and uniforms are both blue, the helmets stand on their own. 

I read somewhere that the reason for the differing blue was because the helmet dyes could not emulate the royal blue on the jerseys of both teams.

Am I the only one who thinks the red YouTube logo doesn't look terrible on LAFC's kit? Not that it necessarily looks good, but imo it doesn't "ruin" what is still a spectacular kit. 

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the red YouTube logo doesn't look terrible on LAFC's kit? Not that it necessarily looks good, but imo it doesn't "ruin" what is still a spectacular kit. 

I’m of the opinion that giant ads taking up the centre space of a uniform ruin every kit. Some just match colours better than others

On 2/24/2018 at 1:24 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Uffff, and everyone had a dark green car in the 90s!!!!! So bland, bring back some liveliness!!!!!

I generally don't like BFBS uniforms, but how bad they look depends a lot on the team's regular color scheme. If your main color is navy blue or maroon, black will necessarily look terrible on you (take note, Cleveland Cavaliers, plus Butler Bulldogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, Xavier Musketeers, Gonzaga Bulldogs, Stanford Cardinal, Temple Owls, and a host of other D1 basketball schools). If your primary is purple or Kelly green, it's likely that black won't look quite so terrible - although almost nobody wears Kelly green anymore (Washington Huskies, Northwestern Wildcats, Boston Celtics, Dallas Stars). Finally, if your primary color is a bright shade of red, BFBS is liable to work so well that many may not realize black isn't one of your official colors (Rutgers Scarlet Knights and North Carolina State Wolfpack are good examples of this).

Other colors and shades kind of have to be handled individually.