Unpopular Opinions

On 4/26/2018 at 2:03 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I have a soft spot for these weird football uniforms with the upside-down unbalanced look;

0000311716.jpg

1425a6a092d205ef9d16b980eedd02ed.jpgcrump.jpg

joe_beauchamp_1970_10_04.jpg

sd+buf+9_23_73b.jpg

To me, it only works if the pants are a light color... gray, silver, gold... when the Titans wore light blue jerseys and dark blue pants, it looked like trash.

It also only works because it's unique... if it became prevalent, I'd hate it.

How are these upside-down or unbalanced, exactly?

Also: touchdown, Wyoming Redskins!

32 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

How are these upside-down or unbalanced, exactly?

Also: touchdown, Wyoming Redskins!

Because the helmet is lighter than everything else. I personally feel it just looks off when the lightest element is the helmet and the jersey isn’t also the same color. Don’t like it on Wyoming, don’t like it on San Diego, didn’t like it when the Titans used to do it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bayne said:

The Hartford Whalers logo is overrated.

We need a dislike feature just for posts like this.

• Like 5

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

10 hours ago, jn8 said:

Because the helmet is lighter than everything else. I personally feel it just looks off when the lightest element is the helmet and the jersey isn’t also the same color. Don’t like it on Wyoming, don’t like it on San Diego, didn’t like it when the Titans used to do it. 

Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Cowboys, Colts, Cardinals, Packers, Lions?

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Cowboys, Colts, Cardinals, Packers, Lions?

I should’ve worded my post better. I don’t like it when all three parts of the uniform (helmet, jersey, pants) are different colors and the helmet is the lightest. As far as I know, none of the teams you listed have done this, unless Miami mixed their old orange alts with aqua pants. Hopefully i worded this better than last time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

I should’ve worded my post better. I don’t like it when all three parts of the uniform (helmet, jersey, pants) are different colors and the helmet is the lightest. As far as I know, none of the teams you listed have done this, unless Miami mixed their old orange alts with aqua pants. Hopefully i worded this better than last time

Oh, gotcha. 

My pet peeve is when a football jersey is anything other than white but still lighter than the pants. The classic example would be the Titans' old Columbia-over-navy, which you dislike for different reasons. For some reason the last Jaguars set managed to do okay with that though - I loved their teal-over-black look, and it would have been fantastic combined with their new helmet. But that's the exception to the rule. (Also purple-over-black is an exception, generally.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

No opinion is wrong but your opinion is wrong! :P

9 hours ago, buzzcut said:

We need a dislike feature just for posts like this.

I'm telling you, it's overrated. If it came out today it would be heavily critiqued. I like the fin, but the way the W is formed looks completely clunky and it's not even a nice H in the negative space. Not to mention the grey outline version which is just wrong. It should be two elements sitting on an empty background. And blue and green sitting next to each other doesn't work that well either. It's a good concept for a logo, just executed poorly, in a very outdated fashion.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

21 hours ago, Bayne said:

The Hartford Whalers logo is overrated.

Agreed. This is the best logo they've ever had, and possibly the greatest logo of all time, any sport.

ogouihgcfcycg1mhymfjhnzwf.png

I'm not joking about the second part. This logo is so dumb that it is  amazing, and genuinely one of my favourites of all time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Agreed. This is the best logo they've ever had, and possibly the greatest logo of all time, any sport.

I'm not joking about the second part. This logo is so dumb that it is  amazing, and genuinely one of my favourites of all time.

It's so dumbly amazing that it says not "Whalers" but "Whaleers"...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

It looks like our friend is happy to be finally passing an intestinal blockage shaped like "ers".

• Like 6
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This proposed logo for the Hampton Roads Rhinos is bad, but in all the right, 90-ist way possible:

2614979390_636663429f_b.jpg

You got the "rough" looking trinagle & trim around the Rhinos font, with a puck for the O cause it's kewl, the Rhinos is snarling cause he has attitude & it's also why he's missing a tooth. 

• Like 3

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 4/30/2018 at 10:52 AM, VikingsAiden said:

The Washington Capitals have the best remaining uniform in the playoffs, and top 5 in the league.

That's just uncouth

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

11 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

90% of NBA logos are boring, crappy, and uninspired. Take any of the following logos, replace the names with any other team name, and it'd still work.

137_brooklyn-nets-primary-2013.png

2164_detroit_pistons-primary-2018.png

8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

4812_indiana_pacers-primary-2018.png5462_los_angeles_clippers-primary-2016.png

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.png

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gif

khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.png

wd9ic7qafgfb0yxs7tem7n5g4.gif

4370_phoenix_suns-primary-2014.png

9725_portland_trail_blazers-primary-2018.png

4043_sacramento_kings-primary-2017.png

The Rockets, Magic, Suns, and Kings (from those you posted) all have logos relating to their names. The Trail Blazers have a unique logo in all of sports. The others I'll give you, although I think they still look good aside from LAC and OKC...and the Pacers would be better without the roundel, but it works well with their current uniforms.

• Like 5

Here's one: the New York Jets have had plenty of decent-to-good uniforms, but have never truly had an elite, unforgettable look in my opinion. Their SB III set is their most iconic for obvious reasons, but none of it has anything to do with a name that should have some very interesting design possibilities. In general they've been too plain.

• Like 1