Unpopular Opinions

17 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The fisherman is better than the Islanders' classic/current logo.

Yes, I'm an Islanders fan.

I just wish they had redesigned the lighthouse to make it more crest-like, with the "NY-stick with four stripes" as a shoulder patch.

Speaking of 1990s logos for classy teams, I wish the A's kept these versions of the elephant logo around.

h9p6ap64ybkayh0bmodm06282.pngqlgsgqqcxi8gf1ec7k5bvor2g.png

I'd replace the grey with white (John McGraw didn't call the Athletics a grey or a green elephant), but they make for a fantastic modern interpretation of the classic logo. If they needed some whimsy (like the vintage/current crest), I'd suggest using a sun-free version of the Spring Training variant. An elephant wearing sunglasses is both whimsical and cool!

• Like 8

MAYBE the one on the left...but not the sunglasses.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

23 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The fisherman is better than the Islanders' classic/current logo.

Yes, I'm an Islanders fan.

It really is. If the Islanders didn’t have so much history behind it it would be considered hands down the worst logo in the NHL

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Idk man he seems pretty chill.

The A’s future is not that bright.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

21 hours ago, Chromatic said:

It really is. If the Islanders didn’t have so much history behind it it would be considered hands down the worst logo in the NHL

It’s awful, but I also really like it for some reason. Probably mostly has to do with their color scheme.

I still like the logo.  I totally admit that I probably would not receive it well if it was brand new today.  But to me that logo is the Islanders.

• Like 3

POTD (Shared)

The Atlanta Falcons' best look was the "Dirty Bird" look of 1997-2002:

1998-Atlanta-Falcons-Chris-Chandler-Jamal-Anderson-05908636.thumb.jpg.f2d3376e02c487967886240e31c5d7d5.jpg

Not only that, but the extra red added by Dan Reeves when he took over as coach was a phenomenal improvement, even though the basic design and the main color both remained the same. The color balance of the white uniform (pictured) was incredible, plus the combo of plain helmet, plain jersey, and complex pant stripes really meshes together for some reason. Bear in mind that red and black is far from my favorite color scheme. (The silver certainly helps things.)

Moreover, I don't think any of their early red-helmet, black-jersey combos were all that great, particularly when paired with white pants. I think red jerseys looked better with their red helmets than black jerseys did. As for today...oy, not sure what they should do color-wise. They need to simplify their design for sure, and I'd be totally in favor of bringing back silver or even metallic gold as a tertiary color. But I've grown used to them having red jerseys with black helmets.

• Like 4

I commented a while ago, but I just thought of a new one:

The Expos should not return. Olympic Stadium is in shambles and I believe the nostalgia would wear off way too quickly and leave the team in the same situation it was in.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 5/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, WissX said:

Image result for brewers ball n cap logo

Posession of this logo should result in immitate disporval from parents. 

That was my knee jerk reaction at first.  But the more I thought about it, the navy ties them in with the entire history of Milwaukee baseball; from the original Brewers, to the AA Brewers, to the Braves.  The Brewers are now the NL Central's only predominantly navy team.  And navy would also go better with cream, which I want the Brewers to add to their color palette.

Don't get me wrong... I'd still be more than happy if we got wholesale button down versions of 1982 as a rebrand.  But I'm just not as against the navy recolor like I was at first.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

When the Ravens stick with their white pants combos, they are one of the best looking teams in the NFL.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind them in black-over-black if they had pant stripes and a different sock color to avoid the leotard look. I mean, if any team can pull off all-black with flashes of purple, it would be a team called the Ravens.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Atlanta Falcons' best look was the "Dirty Bird" look of 1997-2002:

1998-Atlanta-Falcons-Chris-Chandler-Jamal-Anderson-05908636.thumb.jpg.f2d3376e02c487967886240e31c5d7d5.jpg

Not only that, but the extra red added by Dan Reeves when he took over as coach was a phenomenal improvement, even though the basic design and the main color both remained the same. The color balance of the white uniform (pictured) was incredible, plus the combo of plain helmet, plain jersey, and complex pant stripes really meshes together for some reason. Bear in mind that red and black is far from my favorite color scheme. (The silver certainly helps things.)

Moreover, I don't think any of their early red-helmet, black-jersey combos were all that great, particularly when paired with white pants. I think red jerseys looked better with their red helmets than black jerseys did. As for today...oy, not sure what they should do color-wise. They need to simplify their design for sure, and I'd be totally in favor of bringing back silver or even metallic gold as a tertiary color. But I've grown used to them having red jerseys with black helmets.

Absolutely loved this look as well. To me it was the perfect balance of black, red, white, and gray. Everything worked in pretty good harmony here. What they have now is way to busy, too cluttered, too nonsensical and painful on the eyes. Would like to seem them return to something a lot cleaner and crisper. Just too arena league with what they have now. I'm surprised they didn't change something up when they moved into the new stadium

usa_today_10443806.0.jpg