Unpopular Opinions

On 5/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, the heat suck said:

They could, y’know, build a new stadium? It’s not like they HAVE to play in the O.

Yeah they could, but the biggest problem is definitely the lack of fans outside of diehards and nostalgia. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

Black on the jerseys were used during what is arguably the worst period in Jets history (they’ve had many embarrassing moments but the 90s were the most brain dumb era ever). The current set ties in to their only shinning moment in history. This is the uniform the Jets need to hold on to for eternity.

They don’t need black, they don’t need a logo change, and they don’t need Nike getting their dirty hands involved in an entirely new set. All they need to do is lighten the green. 

It’s one simple job, a damn color change. Is that too much to ask? 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

28 minutes ago, insert name said:

Black on the jerseys were used during what is arguably the worst period in Jets history (they’ve had many embarrassing moments but the 90s were the most brain dumb era ever). The current set ties in to their only shinning moment in history. This is the uniform the Jets need to hold on to for eternity.

They don’t need black, they don’t need a logo change, and they don’t need Nike getting their dirty hands involved in an entirely new set. All they need to do is lighten the green. 

Honestly, all the Jets need to do is nothing. 

Nike needs to fix their issues with making green. 

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, Jimmy Lethal said:

There's nothing wrong with darker shades of green. I don't get this obsession with Kelly green. It's a nice color, but it's not DA BEST EVAH as most people here seem to think.

I agree with this. A's jerseys and home caps have NEVER looked better, and I like the eagles the way they are.

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

28 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I agree with this. A's jerseys and home caps have NEVER looked better, and I like the eagles the way they are.

The A's look so much better with forest green. I could go either way on the Jets. Probably slightly prefer kelly green on the current template, but both look good.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kroywen said:

The A's look so much better with forest green. I could go either way on the Jets. Probably slightly prefer kelly green on the current template, but both look good.

Completely disagree. 

Then again, Forest green and yellow is one of my top five colour schemes, so I might be biased. 

5qWs8RS.png

Eh, I've grown to like kelly green a lot more for the A's. It's just a brighter, "happier" look than the forest green and harkens back to the "Swingin' A's" of the 1970s, a far more successful dynasty than the "Bash Brothers" or the Moneyball period. Such a contrast also sets them off from the "darker" Giants, for those who care about that sort of thing (e.g. royal Mets v. navy Yankees, blue Dodgers v. red Angels, etc.).

While forest looks fabulous with the athletic gold, a darker kelly (like what the Dallas Stars use) would be perfect. I even did a mock-up of the A's with the Dallas Stars' green:

OAK_DallasGreen.thumb.png.ff560e5d91c24ca0e97a79df4807c526.png

Again, a happy medium of kelly and forest would be best for them. 

As for the Jets, I'm fine with either kelly or forest. Just make sure there's no black and that they have a white helmet with a green facemask and black cleats.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Completely disagree. 

Then again, Forest green and yellow is one of my top five colour schemes, so I might be biased. 

Totally agree here. I much prefer the A's in forest green. It's the Jets who I could go either way on.

15 hours ago, insert name said:

Simpsons1-1024x747.jpg?x23912

• Like 7

23 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

O RLY?

jetsplane1_zpsbelswlqu.jpg

Yes, and their 80s-90s logo incorporated a jet as well. Lots of teams have logos that depict their nickname. But when someone says that Jets is "a name that should have some very interesting design possibilities," that seems to refer to the uniform, rather than just the helmet logo.

Also, that logo is garbage.

• Like 2
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Unpopular opinion: Love that Jets logo. It’s the first thing you’d think of when someone thinks planes, and it works brilliantly due to being so uncomplicated. Fix the shape and the horizontal stabilizers a little and it would be perfect. Maybe even add a small NY on the tail

• Like 5
07Giants.pngnyy.png

15 hours ago, kroywen said:

Unfortunately, the Jets are not forest green or kelly green.  Theirs is some shade of olive drab that is not appealing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hat Boy said:

Unfortunately, the Jets are not forest green or kelly green.  Theirs is some shade of olive drab that is not appealing.

The crazy thing is, I'm fairly sure that the Jets' current shade of green is supposed to be the same shade as the Packers' forest green. (It's a slightly different shade than the Athletics, I believe, but only slightly.) For whatever reason, the green comes through perfectly normal on the Packers' uniforms, while the Jets are stuck with these multiple shades of drab olive that look hideous.

Pairing forest green with athletic gold will obviously change how the viewer perceives those colors, as compared to forest green against white, but the difference shouldn't be that great. There's likely some sort of manufacturing defect with the Jets' uniforms that cause them to appear so different from the Packers.

Trying to pull up ColorWerx to verify the correct shades, but for some reason that website's NFL page is taking forever to load.

On the manufacturing defect note - I loved how the Jets looked back when Reebok were making their jerseys. You can tell that's a similar or identical color to the Packers' shade of green. It's Nike that has made the Jets into an olive drab mess:

1dd9eeaef8b2edbe591df6d360de656f--chad-p

versus 

501236142-tennessee-titans-v-new-york-je

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kroywen said:

The crazy thing is, I'm fairly sure that the Jets' current shade of green is supposed to be the same shade as the Packers' forest green. (It's a slightly different shade than the Athletics, I believe, but only slightly.) For whatever reason, the green comes through perfectly normal on the Packers' uniforms, while the Jets are stuck with these multiple shades of drab olive that look hideous.

Pairing forest green with athletic gold will obviously change how the viewer perceives those colors, as compared to forest green against white, but the difference shouldn't be that great. There's likely some sort of manufacturing defect with the Jets' uniforms that cause them to appear so different from the Packers.

Trying to pull up ColorWerx to verify the correct shades, but for some reason that website's NFL page is taking forever to load.

On the manufacturing defect note - I loved how the Jets looked back when Reebok were making their jerseys. You can tell that's a similar or identical color to the Packers' shade of green. It's Nike that has made the Jets into an olive drab mess:

1dd9eeaef8b2edbe591df6d360de656f--chad-p

versus 

The Packers are one of 2 teams that, as of now, have never switched to the Nike sets. That’s why their uniform looks the same as before and I hope to god it stays like that. 

Nike butchered the hell out of the Jets. It went from a modern classic to a damn mess. 

• Like 5

XM4KeeA.png

5 hours ago, insert name said:

The Packers are one of 2 teams that, as of now, have never switched to the Nike sets. That’s why their uniform looks the same as before and I hope to god it stays like that. 

Nike butchered the hell out of the Jets. It went from a modern classic to a damn mess. 

Had forgotten that, but you're right. The Packers would probably have the same drab colors and mismatched panels as the Jets had they moved to the Nike sets.

I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer butcher an existing uniform quite the way that Nike did with the Jets. Not talking about rolling out a poor new design, a la the Browns - I mean butchering the simple manufacturing of a uniform. The Jets have to have the sloppiest looking uniform in all of sports right now - the mismatching panels and completely incorrect shades of green look like a cheap Chinese knock-off of a professional uniform. There's flaws in the Nike template that are present on most/all NFL teams, but for some reason, they just cannot get the Jets' green uniforms right. And worse yet, other manufacturers had no problem with it for a decade+ beforehand. It's unbelievable.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Had forgotten that, but you're right. The Packers would probably have the same drab colors and mismatched panels as the Jets had they moved to the Nike sets.

I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer butcher an existing uniform quite the way that Nike did with the Jets. Not talking about rolling out a poor new design, a la the Browns - I mean butchering the simple manufacturing of a uniform. The Jets have to have the sloppiest looking uniform in all of sports right now - the mismatching panels and completely incorrect shades of green look like a cheap Chinese knock-off of a professional uniform. There's flaws in the Nike template that are present on most/all NFL teams, but for some reason, they just cannot get the Jets' green uniforms right. And worse yet, other manufacturers had no problem with it for a decade+ beforehand. It's unbelievable.

I think they've gotten better, but it was really, really bad at one point. They reached unintentional Irish rainbow status. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I think they've gotten better, but it was really, really bad at one point. They reached unintentional Irish rainbow status. 

It has definitely gotten a bit better, but it's still pretty damn bad. That above picture I posted (repeated below) is from 2017. It's probably the worst example of unintentional Irish rainbow I've seen from this past season, but there's no reason that this should ever happen: