Unpopular Opinions

17 minutes ago, kroywen said:

It has definitely gotten a bit better, but it's still pretty damn bad. That above picture I posted (repeated below) is from 2017. It's probably the worst example of unintentional Irish rainbow I've seen from this past season, but there's no reason that this should ever happen:

501236142-tennessee-titans-v-new-york-je

Actually, if I’m not mistaken, that appears to be a 2016 image. The 2017 Jets updated to the new vapor untouchable template:

jkrM3Ks.jpg

The updated template greatly improved the color, in my opinion at least

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jn8 said:

Actually, if I’m not mistaken, that appears to be a 2016 image. The 2017 Jets updated to the new vapor untouchable template:

jkrM3Ks.jpg

The updated template greatly improved the color, in my opinion at least

I think you're right - Getty Images had that marked as a 2017 image, but looking at it closely, I'm guessing it's from December 2015 against the Titans. That's definitely the pre-2017 template. Much better, though still a tiny bit off from the pre-Nike Jets' shade of green:

key.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I hate how Nike does the Jets shoulder stripe. After the shoulder cap, it shouldn’t be the same color for the next stripe. Always bugs me. 

I couldn't agree more. For the longest time, I knew something was different with the Nike change, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally I noticed that the stripes were off and it has driven me nuts ever since.

• Like 5

i absolutely love the Red Sox navy blue alternates. When the Sox play up the navy and use red for accents, like the cap, I think they look amazing. It isn't better than the home or road, but I absolutely love every time I see them in navy.

The red jersey? Never been much of a fan...

but I do prefer navy blue undershirts on the home/road.

I don't think the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays have ever looked all that good.

The first set had potential with that gradient, but they couldn't figure out whether to use those colors elsewhere and, if so, which ones - for example, I have a (mass-produced, but) prototype batting helmet that is black with the gradient ray and a purple bill. They managed to be both too bright and (with all the black) too dark at the same time, and their early uniforms somehow looked expansion-y, more so than those of any other Big 4 team I've ever seen (except maybe the expansion Buccaneers). 

Their second set, the green and black, gets the most love on here, but the green was too dark to properly contrast with the black, and the design was too 2000-05 for my tastes, plus I don't think their vest(s) from that time looked all that great (actually, I thought most of the vests introduced in that time period looked wrong, for that matter, although I'm not a huge fan of vests in baseball anyway). 

And, of course, their current uses that generic Times New Roman wordmark, and overemphasizes navy blue at the expense of light blue and yellow. A new look for this franchise is something I'd like to see. Reduce navy to trim and reduce the emphasis on the wordmark.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, NicDB said:

The old ABA Floridians colors are the most Florida colors ever.  I feel like the Rays could pull them off with minimal effort.

Perhaps, but they already have a good color scheme, just with questionable color balance.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:09 AM, 8BW14 said:

I couldn't agree more. For the longest time, I knew something was different with the Nike change, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally I noticed that the stripes were off and it has driven me nuts ever since.

I agree as well and have been preaching it for years, but it actually started pre-nike.. The late Reebok versions were the same way, but somehow didn't look quite as bad.. Either way, the shoulder stripes should be only 2 stripes, but if they're going to go with the standard 3-stripe look, the outer stripes should be the jersey body color, with the center stripe being the sleeve color

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Perhaps, but they already have a good color scheme, just with questionable color balance.

Too close to the Brewers for my tastes.  Or at least what the Brewers should be wearing.

The original Buccaneers colors would look good for the Rays too.  Especially if the Bucs insist on sticking with pewter.

2 hours ago, 4Mizzou said:

I haven't commented here in a while so:

1. I think hockey should go back to white home uniforms and color roadies.

2. I liked some of the 90's - era NBA uniforms - the Suns, for instance.

I think most people like the Suns ‘90s uniforms.  They’re one of the exceptions of the ‘90s.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Overall, the XFL was one of the best-looking leagues of the last 25 years.

Honestly, I thought some of them had pretty cool color schemes (Memphis Maniax, Orlando Rage).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Overall, the XFL was one of the best-looking leagues of the last 25 years.

I thought San Francisco, Chicago, NY/NJ, and Las Vegas were great names and uniform sets. San Francisco was the best overall IMO. Los Angeles and Birmingham needed some tweaks, but it was doable. Orlando needed a logo change, and I was never into what Memphis was trying to do. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

I thought San Francisco, Chicago, NY/NJ, and Las Vegas were great names and uniform sets. San Francisco was the best overall IMO. Los Angeles and Birmingham needed some tweaks, but it was doable. Orlando needed a logo change, and I was never into what Memphis was trying to do. 

They gave it a hell of a shot. My only real qualm is that Chicago and NY/NJ's identities were much too similar.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

They gave it a hell of a shot. My only real qualm is that Chicago and NY/NJ's identities were much too similar.

Always thought the Baltimore Ravens could have learned something from Chicago. 

Blue, black, and white is a favorite color combination of mine. I used to create the Los Angeles Xtreme in Madden with the Hitmen colors. 

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

They should've at least switched. Chicago Hitmen fits, if not even better, and New York Enforcers has a better ring to it.

• Like 2