Unpopular Opinions

--Varsity numbers are generic as hell. I get how they work for classic teams (e.g., Celtics, Packers, Raiders, NY Rangers, etc.) but if you're a newish team or an expansion team, please come up with something more unique and original.

--The Padres' brown and yellow unis are trash. I like unique looks, but brown for a sports uniform? With mustard yellow? All you're missing is a corduroy jacket.

--Teams like using black for some reason (BFBS), but I also see wayyy too much white (what I'm calling WFWS). Especially in the NFL. Why does every team need white pants when white isn't a major part of your repertoire? Take the Ravens for example. Their colors are purple and black, and yet they favor white pants? And the Broncos: orange and blue, and oh wait, white pants?! Kansas City? Chicago Bears? Eagles? I could go on. Why not red pants or blue or forest green, and not just part time?

--Going off that, I love the look of one team color from the helmet to the socks. Nice and uniform.

--The Angels' look with Disney was one of their best looks ever. Fun font, the winged "A," vests, the whole shebang. Looked amazing.

--Teams should emphasize their geographical locations way more. See the Rangers putting "TEXAS" on both their home AND away jerseys. Same with the Miami Marlins and the Dallas Mavericks. Once upon a time team names were nicknames. That's why in old newsreels you'll see teams being named the Detroit "Tigers" with quotation marks because the team's primary identity was with the city, not their mascot. These teams represent their geographical location. What's more important, the city a team is from or its name?

On 6/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, daniel75 said:

I love the Buccaneers current uni’s, minus the Bucs script on the sleeve and the pant stripe. I’ve even come around to their number font though some of the numbers need to be simplified. Besides those three things I think they look awesome. I’m honestly surprised by how much hate they get.

The numbers and Bucs sleeve script are the only things that make the uniform bad. There was no need for a uniform overhaul, but if they had to modernize it, what they did was fairly restrained outside of those two items. I've seen someone mock up photos of the current uniforms with block numbers, and they look miles better than what they use now.

I will say though that Nike made a huge mistake on their alternate pirate ship logo. Someone pointed out shortly after introduction that the rear mast is in front of the sails, and what was the best logo in the new set has been ruined for me ever since.

currentbucslogo.png&c=sc&w=485&h=630

• Like 1
3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

12 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Grey facemasks when there is no grey to be found in the team's colours are ugly and amateur looking.

100%

If it's not for throwback purposes (Colts, Giants, 49ers) it looks ridic and out of place (Bills, Cardinals).

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

On 6/4/2018 at 3:55 PM, Rj0498 said:

Goofy old school style collar notwithstanding this is actually a pretty solid look that just got the stank of the sox late 70s dark age stuck on them

Image result for Chicago white sox 1976

An alternate inspired by this could be a perfect uniform for the White Sox HOWEVER it would only work if every player pulled their pant legs up.

Long dark pants look awful

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

100%

If it's not for throwback purposes (Colts, Giants, 49ers) it looks ridic and out of place (Bills, Cardinals).

I think it’s okay for the sake of throwbacks, but if a team’s fulltime uniform uses one just for the sake of being retro inspired, it should be updated. The Giants are fine, they use plenty of grey on their pants, but the 49ers are one of the worst offenders. The grey clashes so poorly with their red and gold colours. It looks bush league.

• Like 1

When it comes to the Caps, I have a lot of unpopular opinions. Opinion 1: The black jersey and capitol building logo were great. Opinion 2: The current jerseys aren't bad, especially because I love the colour scheme and colour balance. Best colour balance they've had. Tied with the black/blue/copper for their best colour scheme. Opinion 3: The original jerseys were not that good, though they are iconic and unique. I much prefer the navy to the royal.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:58 PM, Cujo said:

The Washington Capitals have never looked better than this.

DeUlyA_XkAAIa4T.jpg

Yesterday I saw someone wearing a blue Joe Juneau jersey...it was pretty awesome.  These blue jerseys never should have been replaced by the black jerseys.

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:48 PM, cracksilog said:

--Teams like using black for some reason (BFBS), but I also see wayyy too much white (what I'm calling WFWS). Especially in the NFL. Why does every team need white pants when white isn't a major part of your repertoire? Take the Ravens for example. Their colors are purple and black, and yet they favor white pants? And the Broncos: orange and blue, and oh wait, white pants?! Kansas City? Chicago Bears? Eagles? I could go on. Why not red pants or blue or forest green, and not just part time?

One of my other unpopular opinions: The Ravens look so much better going black-purple-white. The white pants with the striping makes the uniform pop much better than the black pants. 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:58 PM, Cujo said:

DeUlyA_XkAAIa4T.jpg

That was the only jersey in the Capitals' 90s identity I actually liked. Once they ditched that for the black alternate, the one with bronze numbers you could barely even read half the time, I was like "nah, you guys can just rebrand now"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yesterday I saw someone wearing a blue Joe Juneau jersey...it was pretty awesome.  These blue jerseys never should have been replaced by the black jerseys.

To this day, the 90s Caps eagle still looks sicc. Should've kept it and just re-colored red. Damn shame they had to hoist the cup in these atrocities.

caps-lightning-051318-getty-ftrjpeg_1uwqgqyqp80gt17e6l9y906w9v.jpg?t=1553084275&w=960&quality=70

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

On 6/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, Cujo said:

DeUlyA_XkAAIa4T.jpg

I would love to see a modernised version of this set if anyone has ever constructed a concept? I feel like the eagle is a little TOO 90's? But maybe not. 

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.