Unpopular Opinions

1. I'm totally fine with the Titans' new helmets. They're automatically an upgrade just by getting rid of those goofy '90s half-stripes, even if they themselves don't quite have a full stripe.

2. Related to #1, while the uniforms to which they just switched suck, I believe it is possible for the Titans to have good-looking uniforms that incorporate columbia blue, navy blue, silver, AND red. It isn't a bad scheme as long as the columbia blue is properly emphasized.

3. Navy blue in general is a boring color. For some reason it looks great as a headwear color (helmets, hats, etc.), but I think it usually looks dull when used for larger elements of a uniform (jerseys/shirts, pants).

4. I don't hate volt. I don't think the Atlanta Hawks use it properly, but I don't think it's a terrible color either.

• Like 1

The cute little minor league trend of ditching their identity to play as food for a game needs to stop.  Either fully rebrand or stick to wacky movie-themed alternate jerseys.  The Fresno team is the Grizzlies, not the Tacos.  Stop kidding yourselves.

• Like 5

VmWIn6B.png

57 minutes ago, LMU said:

The cute little minor league trend of ditching their identity to play as food for a game needs to stop.  Either fully rebrand or stick to wacky movie-themed alternate jerseys.  The Fresno team is the Grizzlies, not the Tacos.  Stop kidding yourselves.

It does seem to have jumped the shark.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 3:53 AM, Bayne said:

I would love to see a modernised version of this set if anyone has ever constructed a concept? I feel like the eagle is a little TOO 90's? But maybe not. 

Slap a black and bronze recolored Weagle on it, straighten the stripe and remove the word mark and you got yourselves one heck of a uniform. I’d love to see them bring this back in some capacity as an alternate. 

spacer.png

On 6/8/2018 at 2:07 AM, tigers said:

Those new Nuggets uniforms are fantastic.

I forgot what thread I had clicked on and for a split second thought this was a comment about some MiLB team playing as the Madison McNuggets or something for one night.  I think I am going crazy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Slap a black and bronze recolored Weagle on it, straighten the stripe and remove the word mark and you got yourselves one heck of a uniform. I’d love to see them bring this back in some capacity as an alternate. 

LCfdkWa.png

Like this? (Just made this real quick in paint)

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Someone NEEDS to resurrect that Providence Steamrollers logo. It’s too good to be dormant.

1200px-Providence_Steamrollers_logo.svg.

ProvidenceSteamRoller1922.gif

The Football Steam Rollers used probabally the weirdest logo ive ever seen. They won the NFL Championship in 1928.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 5:13 AM, Ben in LA said:

Someone NEEDS to resurrect that Providence Steamrollers logo. It’s too good to be dormant.

1200px-Providence_Steamrollers_logo.svg.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, ltjets21 said:

ProvidenceSteamRoller1922.gif

The Football Steam Rollers used probabally the weirdest logo ive ever seen. They won the NFL Championship in 1928.

That mog logo is nightmare fuel...maybe just seeing it scared the other teams into submission.

Seriously though, did the football team not use the *actual* steamroller logo?

+1 for someone resurrecting both the name (preferably "Steamrollers", plural, one word) and the logo. I created a Providence Steamrollers team in Baseball Mogul and played a bunch of seasons with them. They were kind of like the Yankees uniform-wise, except with white hats at home and grey hats on the road. Very old-timey. But that logo (or an update of it) could be recolored as needed.

(Sorry my English is bad) I love NBA jerseys which have a "curved" wordmark and put the front number at the right side under them.

051715-sports-08-allen-iverson-documenta

p1-monta-ellis.jpg

ns5vl6-imgwizardsarenassente11ufnnsp4.jp

Also I don't hate the Bobcats one

3460135.jpeg

Putting the number in the middle is boring imo, especially when 27/30 of the NBA are doing this... There should be more teams putting the front number at the right side of their regular set, get disappointed when I realize there are only 3 teams doing this now(Heat, Mavs, Blazers), and there're all old designs and use a flat wordmark. Lots of teams get rid of it in the past 10 years(Sixers, Cavs, Clippers, Suns...),don't like these changes.

• Like 8

One more: I don't like NFL teams putting the number on the helmet stripe (especially the outside one)

For example: This Saints one is terrible

AP_691984968280.jpg?itok=Wz3hw1-c&c=da57

When it comes to single-digit number and single stripe(Giants and Steelers), I hope they can put it on the right of the stripe instead of on the stripe

roethlisberger-reaction2.jpg

636193059699525945-TYNES.jpg

I like where the Colts put their number, though it's way bigger lol

5736f478-871e-48dd-81c8-ada1763c0793-AP1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

The Saints look terrible in all black. I think they should make the black with gold pants their full-time home uniform.

I’m sorry, but I think you’re mistaken. This is a popular opinion, the Saints are 100x better with gold pants

• Like 7