raysox

Unpopular Opinions

When it comes to the Caps, I have a lot of unpopular opinions. Opinion 1: The black jersey and capitol building logo were great. Opinion 2: The current jerseys aren't bad, especially because I love the colour scheme and colour balance. Best colour balance they've had. Tied with the black/blue/copper for their best colour scheme. Opinion 3: The original jerseys were not that good, though they are iconic and unique. I much prefer the navy to the royal.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:58 PM, Cujo said:

The Washington Capitals have never looked better than this.

DeUlyA_XkAAIa4T.jpg

Yesterday I saw someone wearing a blue Joe Juneau jersey...it was pretty awesome.  These blue jerseys never should have been replaced by the black jerseys.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:48 PM, cracksilog said:

--Teams like using black for some reason (BFBS), but I also see wayyy too much white (what I'm calling WFWS). Especially in the NFL. Why does every team need white pants when white isn't a major part of your repertoire? Take the Ravens for example. Their colors are purple and black, and yet they favor white pants? And the Broncos: orange and blue, and oh wait, white pants?! Kansas City? Chicago Bears? Eagles? I could go on. Why not red pants or blue or forest green, and not just part time?

One of my other unpopular opinions: The Ravens look so much better going black-purple-white. The white pants with the striping makes the uniform pop much better than the black pants. 

14 hours ago, tigers said:

Those new Nuggets uniforms are fantastic.

Logos too.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:58 PM, Cujo said:

DeUlyA_XkAAIa4T.jpg

That was the only jersey in the Capitals' 90s identity I actually liked. Once they ditched that for the black alternate, the one with bronze numbers you could barely even read half the time, I was like "nah, you guys can just rebrand now"

POPULAR OPINION: These uniforms were a fxcking nightmare.

PAR37b227_profimedia_0016264213.jpg

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yesterday I saw someone wearing a blue Joe Juneau jersey...it was pretty awesome.  These blue jerseys never should have been replaced by the black jerseys.

To this day, the 90s Caps eagle still looks sicc. Should've kept it and just re-colored red. Damn shame they had to hoist the cup in these atrocities.

caps-lightning-051318-getty-ftrjpeg_1uwqgqyqp80gt17e6l9y906w9v.jpg?t=1553084275&w=960&quality=70

4 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Logos too.

That's not unpopular that's unwarranted opinions.

😂

On 6/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, Cujo said:

DeUlyA_XkAAIa4T.jpg

I would love to see a modernised version of this set if anyone has ever constructed a concept? I feel like the eagle is a little TOO 90's? But maybe not. 

858443226.jpg.0.jpg14362.jpg

That is absurd looking once they are wearing pants at the knees or above them

I would gladly choose players wearing the pants to their shoes over that anyday (And I like sock showing but not THAT much, that is if they even are socks)

1. I'm totally fine with the Titans' new helmets. They're automatically an upgrade just by getting rid of those goofy '90s half-stripes, even if they themselves don't quite have a full stripe.

2. Related to #1, while the uniforms to which they just switched suck, I believe it is possible for the Titans to have good-looking uniforms that incorporate columbia blue, navy blue, silver, AND red. It isn't a bad scheme as long as the columbia blue is properly emphasized.

3. Navy blue in general is a boring color. For some reason it looks great as a headwear color (helmets, hats, etc.), but I think it usually looks dull when used for larger elements of a uniform (jerseys/shirts, pants).

4. I don't hate volt. I don't think the Atlanta Hawks use it properly, but I don't think it's a terrible color either.

The cute little minor league trend of ditching their identity to play as food for a game needs to stop.  Either fully rebrand or stick to wacky movie-themed alternate jerseys.  The Fresno team is the Grizzlies, not the Tacos.  Stop kidding yourselves.

57 minutes ago, LMU said:

The cute little minor league trend of ditching their identity to play as food for a game needs to stop.  Either fully rebrand or stick to wacky movie-themed alternate jerseys.  The Fresno team is the Grizzlies, not the Tacos.  Stop kidding yourselves.

It does seem to have jumped the shark.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:53 AM, Bayne said:

I would love to see a modernised version of this set if anyone has ever constructed a concept? I feel like the eagle is a little TOO 90's? But maybe not. 

Slap a black and bronze recolored Weagle on it, straighten the stripe and remove the word mark and you got yourselves one heck of a uniform. I’d love to see them bring this back in some capacity as an alternate. 

4 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

th?id=OIP.j69WwPXwYtnv5J1L1b2bUAHaDt&pid

I like this look and I know it makes absolutely no sense

Well your right about one thing.

On 6/8/2018 at 2:07 AM, tigers said:

Those new Nuggets uniforms are fantastic.

I forgot what thread I had clicked on and for a split second thought this was a comment about some MiLB team playing as the Madison McNuggets or something for one night.  I think I am going crazy.

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

th?id=OIP.j69WwPXwYtnv5J1L1b2bUAHaDt&pid

I like this look and I know it makes absolutely no sense

I actually wouldn’t be opposed to the gold pants with the white jersey, but it looks terrible with the purple.

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Slap a black and bronze recolored Weagle on it, straighten the stripe and remove the word mark and you got yourselves one heck of a uniform. I’d love to see them bring this back in some capacity as an alternate. 

LCfdkWa.png

Like this? (Just made this real quick in paint)