raysox

Unpopular Opinions

Maybe an unpopular opinion...pretty niche...the Yankees need to bring back the red on the batterman logo. 

Someone NEEDS to resurrect that Providence Steamrollers logo. It’s too good to be dormant.

1200px-Providence_Steamrollers_logo.svg.

Brandiose should give an MLB team the full-Brandiose treatment. They've already ripped the Padres off a hundred times so they might as well get a crack at the real thing.

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Someone NEEDS to resurrect that Providence Steamrollers logo. It’s too good to be dormant.

ProvidenceSteamRoller1922.gif

The Football Steam Rollers used probabally the weirdest logo ive ever seen. They won the NFL Championship in 1928.

Is that a man-dog?

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Is that a man-dog?

It's a mog...half man/half dog...he is his own best friend.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:13 AM, Ben in LA said:

On 6/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, ltjets21 said:

ProvidenceSteamRoller1922.gif

The Football Steam Rollers used probabally the weirdest logo ive ever seen. They won the NFL Championship in 1928.

That mog logo is nightmare fuel...maybe just seeing it scared the other teams into submission.

Seriously though, did the football team not use the *actual* steamroller logo?

+1 for someone resurrecting both the name (preferably "Steamrollers", plural, one word) and the logo. I created a Providence Steamrollers team in Baseball Mogul and played a bunch of seasons with them. They were kind of like the Yankees uniform-wise, except with white hats at home and grey hats on the road. Very old-timey. But that logo (or an update of it) could be recolored as needed.

(Sorry my English is bad) I love NBA jerseys which have a "curved" wordmark and put the front number at the right side under them.

051715-sports-08-allen-iverson-documenta

p1-monta-ellis.jpg

ns5vl6-imgwizardsarenassente11ufnnsp4.jp

Also I don't hate the Bobcats one

3460135.jpeg

Putting the number in the middle is boring imo, especially when 27/30 of the NBA are doing this... There should be more teams putting the front number at the right side of their regular set, get disappointed when I realize there are only 3 teams doing this now(Heat, Mavs, Blazers), and there're all old designs and use a flat wordmark. Lots of teams get rid of it in the past 10 years(Sixers, Cavs, Clippers, Suns...),don't like these changes.

One more: I don't like NFL teams putting the number on the helmet stripe (especially the outside one)

For example: This Saints one is terrible

AP_691984968280.jpg?itok=Wz3hw1-c&c=da57

When it comes to single-digit number and single stripe(Giants and Steelers), I hope they can put it on the right of the stripe instead of on the stripe

roethlisberger-reaction2.jpg

636193059699525945-TYNES.jpg

I like where the Colts put their number, though it's way bigger lol

5736f478-871e-48dd-81c8-ada1763c0793-AP1

The Saints look terrible in all black. I think they should make the black with gold pants their full-time home uniform.

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

The Saints look terrible in all black. I think they should make the black with gold pants their full-time home uniform.

I’m sorry, but I think you’re mistaken. This is a popular opinion, the Saints are 100x better with gold pants

I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a salvageable look.
usatsi_8208130.jpg
To me this set has an amazing colour balance; the way the brighter red pops with the pewter and orange just looks so good. Change the still-terrible number font and shrink the logo on the helmet a bit, and I think their uniforms become among the best in the NFL.

I like the helmet, simplify the number font and you’ve got yourself a home run.

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I like the helmet, simplify the number font and you’ve got yourself a home run.

The pants striping is also a bit iffy.

17 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

usatsi_8208130.jpg
To me this set has an amazing colour balance; the way the brighter red pops with the pewter and orange just looks so good. Change the still-terrible number font and shrink the logo on the helmet a bit, and I think their uniforms become among the best in the NFL.

This set does have a good color balance. I actually don't have any problem with the oversized helmet logo myself. The number font is dumb like you mentioned, and matte pewter just looks like someone tried to combine black and brown. If they could give their pants and their shoulder yoke a proper sheen and change the number font, they would look good. But right now no company can seem to give the newer uniform materials anything but a matte finish, which I think is an aesthetic shame.

Does anyone else have an issue with the Tampa Bay having 1. Two different logos on two different sleeves and 2. The one logo says “Bucs”?

18 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

You are absolutely correct. 

This set has quite a few good things going. The colors looks nice and the shoulder yoke and pants design actually work well in tandem. Moreover, the way the uniform has tended to be worn, pairing the pewter pants with a red design with red socks and the white pants with a pewter design with pewter socks meshes incredibly well. Like many of Nike's designs, its a simple case of over-embellishing an otherwise interesting core. 

Fix the numbers and shrink the helmet logo and they've got a modern classic. 

22 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

usatsi_8208130.jpg

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but yes I agree.

Change the numerals, reduce pirate-flag helmet logo by 1/3, and clean up some of the trim - maybe lose the orange and add a bit of black - and voila!

The pewter-scarlett color balance is quite good.

The TB Bucs have disgusting uniforms, the colors are all over the place and they can't even logo properly.

With a few small tweaks, this should be the Capitals primary uniform rotation:

Home (Current Alternate):

-Update wordmark to current

-Use 2018 Stadium Series jersey number font

2319_washington_capitals-alternate-2016.

Away (Throwback Alternate from 2011-14):

-Update wordmark to current

-Use 2018 Stadium Series jersey number font

hrnqggt12xm76w3dlnn81zx3g.gif

Alternate (2018 Stadium Series uniform):

-I strangely think this is one of the best recent new jerseys 

-Keep the "CAPS"

-Place the "Weagle" on the white shoulder yoke

-Outline numbers in red

ff_3108274_full.jpg&w=340