Unpopular Opinions

On 6/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, DeFrank said:

I was a big fan of the screaming eagle logo. Although I would imagine a blue/black/bronze Weagle could look good: Image result for congressional seal

Are we sure that basing something off the Congressional seal is a good idea? I feel like the Caps would never get anything done again.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Explain?

Yes please explain.The weagle is sleek, makes the capitol building, and is unique. If the capitols got rid of the edge template, and turned back to copper, they’d be set.

• Like 1

Excellent!

12 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Yes please explain.The weagle is sleek, makes the capitol building, and is unique. If the capitols got rid of the edge template, and turned back to copper, they’d be set.

It also forms a W (obviously) and has a subtle Washington Monument in there. If t weren’t for the allusions to the famous D.C. buildings I could see it being an average to slightly below average logo, but with the buildings featured in there subtly I think it pushes it to a great logo. Still a travesty that it’s not on the front of the uniforms. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

It also forms a W (obviously) and has a subtle Washington Monument in there. If t weren’t for the allusions to the famous D.C. buildings I could see it being an average to slightly below average logo, but with the buildings featured in there subtly I think it pushes it to a great logo. Still a travesty that it’s not on the front of the uniforms. 

Yes! The capitols on the jersey is somewhat cool up close, but on tv it’s just a mess.

• Like 1

Excellent!

18 hours ago, DeFrank said:

I like the Weagle a lot but it's always bugged me how incorrect the point/spire/(actually a statue) is...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqDJuHvWqsg1IavhXs_WYuscapitol-washingtondc-picture12.JPG

I don't know how important the detail of the statue is in that particular design, but they probably could at least widen the point a bit and make the stand bigger.

Image result for capitol building

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, DeFrank said:

I was a big fan of the screaming eagle logo. Although I would imagine a blue/black/bronze Weagle could look good: Image result for congressional seal

Look at those letters! Now that is a wayward path!

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 6/25/2018 at 1:11 PM, BroncoBuff said:

On the other hand, you gotta kinda hand it to teams that sell out for their colors and banish the white at home. For example, you won't find a thread of white anywhere when the Trojans and Wolverines play home games:

COLOR-RUSH-college-J.JPG.1f265dc12420386a2320ed073c3dd3b3.JPG 

This is even more true now that Michigan has switched to Jordan brand - they changed the helmet bumper and chinstrap colors to blue:

eaa.FBC_.SpringGame.4.15.17.871.jpg?itok

• Like 6
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 6/24/2018 at 3:48 PM, Lights Out said:

The color balance absolutely was not better in the past. There was no pewter at all on the jerseys in the '90s set. Pewter was and is their unique color, yet they managed to leave it off the jerseys entirely in favor of generic red and black. Their current uniforms are a big improvement in that regard.

Just because it’s their unique color doesn’t necessarily mean it’s best applied everywhere; it’s never appeared in any of their logos or typography, either.

I do like it on the shoulders, but I thought they were good without it as well. The full red/pewter combo is on the borderline of too much dark color for me, though.

On 6/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

On 6/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, Jamikel said:

Every time I look at it, all I can see it how anatomically FUBAR that eagle is.  The forced W shape makes it look like its wings are coming out of its butt.

This is my biggest issue with it. The silhouette is so stylized that it looks almost butterfly-like. I really think it’s just trying too hard to do too many things. A more anatomically sound shape to the wings would do wonders (the Capitol already tells you it’s Washington, so the W is redundant), and I don’t like the contrasting head of the eagle in conjunction with the Capitol cutout. I know it’s supposed to be a bald eagle, but especially on a dark background with a keyline, it creates a strange composition, with one focal point stacked on top of another. The golden eagle on the seal posted above is a good example of the head not needing to be white to get the point across. I also think, in general, the style of it is a bit similar to D.C. United, and both those changes would help differentiate it.

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

ULL (University of Louisiana at Lafayette) has a better fleur-de-lis logo than the Saints.

1937_louisiana_ragin_cajuns-alternate-20

907.png

• Like 7

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Black cleats look awful with white socks and should be worn with black socks instead. Black cleats also look stupid when a team doesn't have black in its color scheme.

Edit: Added the word cleats after the first black.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, MCM0313 said:

That mog logo is nightmare fuel...maybe just seeing it scared the other teams into submission.

Seriously though, did the football team not use the *actual* steamroller logo?

+1 for someone resurrecting both the name (preferably "Steamrollers", plural, one word) and the logo. I created a Providence Steamrollers team in Baseball Mogul and played a bunch of seasons with them. They were kind of like the Yankees uniform-wise, except with white hats at home and grey hats on the road. Very old-timey. But that logo (or an update of it) could be recolored as needed.

This Steamrollers logo is from the old 1946-49 Basketball Association of America team, not the football team.  I found it on an old program years ago and sent a scan to CC when the site was all young and new.

• Like 1