Unpopular Opinions

19 hours ago, Chawls said:

ULL (University of Louisiana at Lafayette) has a better fleur-de-lis logo than the Saints.

1937_louisiana_ragin_cajuns-alternate-20

907.png

I like how the middle spike and band are independent pieces in the ULL logo, but the beveling is driving me nuts. It's like an Escher piece.

• Like 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

When Maryland based teams wear the maryland flag I find it tacky and think it's an ugly flag.

10 years ago when maybe one or two did it, whatever but yea I'm tired of it now.

I don’t think that’s unpopular, right?

• Like 2

Excellent!

4 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I prefer the Cajuns' flaming fleur de lis myself over their non-flaming version, wish they'd use it somewhere.

Not sure it beats their flaming hot chili pepper logo though. 

19m7abgy1ggyf79wwkmnplhsq.png

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 7/10/2018 at 3:06 PM, Chawls said:

ULL (University of Louisiana at Lafayette) has a better fleur-de-lis logo than the Saints.

1937_louisiana_ragin_cajuns-alternate-20

907.png

I disagree. The ULL fleur de lis is far too detailed. It looks like it came from the late 90s/early 2000s. Too much unnecessary shading. 

The Saints’ fleur de lis isn’t perfect. It’s got two too many outlines for starters. Still? The overall design is solid. 

• Like 3

Iconic as it might be, the Montreal Canadiens white jersey isn't that great due to the lack of striping on the sleeves.  There's too much of nothing going on between the numbers and red cuff.  They should switch to the white version of the home reds.  If the Leafs and Bruins can do it, so can the Habs.

sg_mtlvint_white4546.gif

• Like 5

On 7/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, MCM0313 said:

I'm probably going to get killed for this, but...

I like the Phillies' number font.

The 6 and 9 look horrible though. You can hardly tell what number is what from a distance as they both look like 8.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, Ice_Cap said:

I disagree. The ULL fleur de lis is far too detailed. It looks like it came from the late 90s/early 2000s. Too much unnecessary shading. 

The Saints’ fleur de lis isn’t perfect. It’s got two too many outlines for starters. Still? The overall design is solid. 

I usually dislike double- or triple-outlining, but I think it works well with the Saints' logo. It used to have a single outline, and it looked rather plain. I much prefer the Drew Brees version to the Bobby Hebert version:

GwxUxuK.jpgImage result for drew brees

• Like 5
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

59 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I usually dislike double- or triple-outlining, but I think it works well with the Saints' logo. It used to have a single outline, and it looked rather plain. I much prefer the Drew Brees version to the Bobby Hebert version:

I can see how that would be an improvement. Just wish they'd go back to old gold.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The 6 and 9 look horrible though. You can hardly tell what number is what from a distance as they both look like 8.

I'd have to see that for myself - but I love how bubbly and playful the font is.

For what it's worth, I also like their unique habit of wearing sleeve numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I agree completely.. The thin gold outline is completely unnecessary, but having the white and black outlines really improve the look.. Filling in the gold outline space with extra white would be my ideal solution..

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd have to see that for myself - but I love how bubbly and playful the font is.

For what it's worth, I also like their unique habit of wearing sleeve numbers.

I agree 100% with loving their font and sleeve numbers, but yeah, the serif on the 6 & 9 nearly connects with the rest of the number and can look more like an 8 from distance.. That's a very easy fix though, and doesn't affect my opinion of the font itself, but rather my opinion of the Phillies for not correcting it

• Like 2

13 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I liked the single outline and the bigger size...but what I don't really get these days is why is the current logo triple outlined? Seems like a black logo outlined in white and black would tie in the helmet stripes perfectly. But they have that stupid gold outline in it, that you can't see from more than 15 feet away.

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Watching this all star game has made me realize that pinwheel hats are cool and at least one team in the league should have them. Make it happen Nats

I don't even like paneled caps normally, but I agree with you on pinwheels. The Expos' pinwheel was so cool, and the Nats are the successor to the Expos, so it only makes sense that Washington should be the one to revive the look.

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I liked the single outline and the bigger size...but what I don't really get these days is why is the current logo triple outlined? Seems like a black logo outlined in white and black would tie in the helmet stripes perfectly. But they have that stupid gold outline in it, that you can't see from more than 15 feet away.

I like the gold outline because it creates consistency with the logo. If they use the black version anywhere else, it still has gold rather than missing a team color. And the three outlines matches the number of outlines on the gold version of the logo.

On 7/17/2018 at 6:12 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Needs to be bigger though. But tough to see anything past the gold neck roll. 

• 2 weeks later...