raysox

Unpopular Opinions

On 6/24/2018 at 11:28 PM, Cujo said:

Taking these anyday over their green kit

world-cup-group-mexico-south-korea-vs_a5

Change the shorts to green + red socks and you got a classic set.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, DeFrank said:

I was a big fan of the screaming eagle logo. Although I would imagine a blue/black/bronze Weagle could look good: Image result for congressional seal

Look at those letters! Now that is a wayward path!

On 6/26/2018 at 7:43 AM, Crabcake47 said:

Explain?

Every time I look at it, all I can see it how anatomically FUBAR that eagle is.  The forced W shape makes it look like its wings are coming out of its butt.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:11 PM, BroncoBuff said:

On the other hand, you gotta kinda hand it to teams that sell out for their colors and banish the white at home. For example, you won't find a thread of white anywhere when the Trojans and Wolverines play home games:

COLOR-RUSH-college-J.JPG.1f265dc12420386a2320ed073c3dd3b3.JPG 

This is even more true now that Michigan has switched to Jordan brand - they changed the helmet bumper and chinstrap colors to blue:

eaa.FBC_.SpringGame.4.15.17.871.jpg?itok

On 6/24/2018 at 3:48 PM, Lights Out said:

The color balance absolutely was not better in the past. There was no pewter at all on the jerseys in the '90s set. Pewter was and is their unique color, yet they managed to leave it off the jerseys entirely in favor of generic red and black. Their current uniforms are a big improvement in that regard.

Just because it’s their unique color doesn’t necessarily mean it’s best applied everywhere; it’s never appeared in any of their logos or typography, either.

I do like it on the shoulders, but I thought they were good without it as well. The full red/pewter combo is on the borderline of too much dark color for me, though.

On 6/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Yes please explain.The weagle is sleek, makes the capitol building, and is unique. If the capitols got rid of the edge template, and turned back to copper, they’d be set.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, Jamikel said:

Every time I look at it, all I can see it how anatomically FUBAR that eagle is.  The forced W shape makes it look like its wings are coming out of its butt.

This is my biggest issue with it. The silhouette is so stylized that it looks almost butterfly-like. I really think it’s just trying too hard to do too many things. A more anatomically sound shape to the wings would do wonders (the Capitol already tells you it’s Washington, so the W is redundant), and I don’t like the contrasting head of the eagle in conjunction with the Capitol cutout. I know it’s supposed to be a bald eagle, but especially on a dark background with a keyline, it creates a strange composition, with one focal point stacked on top of another. The golden eagle on the seal posted above is a good example of the head not needing to be white to get the point across. I also think, in general, the style of it is a bit similar to D.C. United, and both those changes would help differentiate it.

The Canucks Orca is a great logo and it should never stop being their primary logo.

ULL (University of Louisiana at Lafayette) has a better fleur-de-lis logo than the Saints.

1937_louisiana_ragin_cajuns-alternate-20

907.png

Black cleats look awful with white socks and should be worn with black socks instead. Black cleats also look stupid when a team doesn't have black in its color scheme.

Edit: Added the word cleats after the first black.

Base layer color is often overlooked but can make a massive difference in the overall look of a uniformcorey-kluber-mlb-baltimore-orioles-cleveCorey+Kluber+Boston+Red+Sox+v+Cleveland+

On 6/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, MCM0313 said:

That mog logo is nightmare fuel...maybe just seeing it scared the other teams into submission.

Seriously though, did the football team not use the *actual* steamroller logo?

+1 for someone resurrecting both the name (preferably "Steamrollers", plural, one word) and the logo. I created a Providence Steamrollers team in Baseball Mogul and played a bunch of seasons with them. They were kind of like the Yankees uniform-wise, except with white hats at home and grey hats on the road. Very old-timey. But that logo (or an update of it) could be recolored as needed.

This Steamrollers logo is from the old 1946-49 Basketball Association of America team, not the football team.  I found it on an old program years ago and sent a scan to CC when the site was all young and new.

19 hours ago, Chawls said:

ULL (University of Louisiana at Lafayette) has a better fleur-de-lis logo than the Saints.

907.png

I like how the middle spike and band are independent pieces in the ULL logo, but the beveling is driving me nuts. It's like an Escher piece.

When Maryland based teams wear the maryland flag I find it tacky and think it's an ugly flag.

10 years ago when maybe one or two did it, whatever but yea I'm tired of it now.

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

When Maryland based teams wear the maryland flag I find it tacky and think it's an ugly flag.

10 years ago when maybe one or two did it, whatever but yea I'm tired of it now.

I don’t think that’s unpopular, right?

I prefer the Cajuns' flaming fleur de lis myself over their non-flaming version, wish they'd use it somewhere.

4 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I prefer the Cajuns' flaming fleur de lis myself over their non-flaming version, wish they'd use it somewhere.

Not sure it beats their flaming hot chili pepper logo though. 

19m7abgy1ggyf79wwkmnplhsq.png

On 7/10/2018 at 3:06 PM, Chawls said:

907.png

I disagree. The ULL fleur de lis is far too detailed. It looks like it came from the late 90s/early 2000s. Too much unnecessary shading. 

The Saints’ fleur de lis isn’t perfect. It’s got two too many outlines for starters. Still? The overall design is solid. 

I'm probably going to get killed for this, but...

I like the Phillies' number font.

Iconic as it might be, the Montreal Canadiens white jersey isn't that great due to the lack of striping on the sleeves.  There's too much of nothing going on between the numbers and red cuff.  They should switch to the white version of the home reds.  If the Leafs and Bruins can do it, so can the Habs.

sg_mtlvint_white4546.gif

On 7/14/2018 at 11:33 PM, Chawls said:

Not sure it beats their flaming hot chili pepper logo though. 

19m7abgy1ggyf79wwkmnplhsq.png

ULL has one of my favorite collegiate brands and this logo is a huge reason why.