raysox

Unpopular Opinions

On 7/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, MCM0313 said:

I'm probably going to get killed for this, but...

I like the Phillies' number font.

The 6 and 9 look horrible though. You can hardly tell what number is what from a distance as they both look like 8.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, Ice_Cap said:

I disagree. The ULL fleur de lis is far too detailed. It looks like it came from the late 90s/early 2000s. Too much unnecessary shading. 

The Saints’ fleur de lis isn’t perfect. It’s got two too many outlines for starters. Still? The overall design is solid. 

I usually dislike double- or triple-outlining, but I think it works well with the Saints' logo. It used to have a single outline, and it looked rather plain. I much prefer the Drew Brees version to the Bobby Hebert version:

GwxUxuK.jpgImage result for drew brees

59 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I usually dislike double- or triple-outlining, but I think it works well with the Saints' logo. It used to have a single outline, and it looked rather plain. I much prefer the Drew Brees version to the Bobby Hebert version:

I can see how that would be an improvement. Just wish they'd go back to old gold.

9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The 6 and 9 look horrible though. You can hardly tell what number is what from a distance as they both look like 8.

I'd have to see that for myself - but I love how bubbly and playful the font is.

For what it's worth, I also like their unique habit of wearing sleeve numbers.

2 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I agree completely.. The thin gold outline is completely unnecessary, but having the white and black outlines really improve the look.. Filling in the gold outline space with extra white would be my ideal solution..

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd have to see that for myself - but I love how bubbly and playful the font is.

For what it's worth, I also like their unique habit of wearing sleeve numbers.

I agree 100% with loving their font and sleeve numbers, but yeah, the serif on the 6 & 9 nearly connects with the rest of the number and can look more like an 8 from distance.. That's a very easy fix though, and doesn't affect my opinion of the font itself, but rather my opinion of the Phillies for not correcting it

13 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I liked the single outline and the bigger size...but what I don't really get these days is why is the current logo triple outlined? Seems like a black logo outlined in white and black would tie in the helmet stripes perfectly. But they have that stupid gold outline in it, that you can't see from more than 15 feet away.

10 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Watching this all star game has made me realize that pinwheel hats are cool and at least one team in the league should have them. Make it happen Nats

I don't even like paneled caps normally, but I agree with you on pinwheels. The Expos' pinwheel was so cool, and the Nats are the successor to the Expos, so it only makes sense that Washington should be the one to revive the look.

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I liked the single outline and the bigger size...but what I don't really get these days is why is the current logo triple outlined? Seems like a black logo outlined in white and black would tie in the helmet stripes perfectly. But they have that stupid gold outline in it, that you can't see from more than 15 feet away.

I like the gold outline because it creates consistency with the logo. If they use the black version anywhere else, it still has gold rather than missing a team color. And the three outlines matches the number of outlines on the gold version of the logo.

On 7/17/2018 at 6:12 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Needs to be bigger though. But tough to see anything past the gold neck roll. 

I like alternate uniforms that are just a straight color swap of other jerseys. 

I actually really love the Baltimore Ravens number font. Fits their identity perfect imo. 

Not a big fan of pinstripes. IMHO it tends to clutter the look of a baseball uniform.

All baseball jerseys should be required to have names on their backs.

Yes, even the Yankees

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

All baseball jerseys should be required to have names on their backs.

Yes, even the Yankees

I like the compromise the Giants and Red Sox have, where they only have NOB road uniforms. I wouldn't mind more teams doing this, as long as the home uniform number is larger to compromise.

I used to really like the idea of no name at home and a name on the road.  That's what the Twins did when I was growing up.  I am sure it's rooted in the idea that the home fans know who the players are by number whereas they don't know the other players.  In this day of TV the functionality of this practice probably no longer holds up. But I still kinda like it.

Generally, I like names on back but I would certainly grandfather any jersey (i.e. Red Sox at home; both Yankee jerseys) that does not use it. 

Image result for reds 1993

Reds should go back to this look, head to toe. At least as a weekly throwback. 

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

Image result for reds 1993

Reds should go back to this look, head to toe. At least as a weekly throwback. 

Completely agree. Still looks completely modern and unique to this day. Very much would have been one of the "untouchable" looks in baseball if only the Reds kept it around.

37 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Completely agree. Still looks completely modern and unique to this day. Very much would have been one of the "untouchable" looks in baseball if only the Reds kept it around.

Yep. Especially with all the red uniforms in MLB today, their current set is just too basic looking. Nothing about it stands out. This is a unique, classic look for them.