Unpopular Opinions

On 8/31/2018 at 7:35 AM, kroywen said:

The Panthers should move to the blue jerseys full time, and make black a trim color only:

car-12-bluewhite-anthonyjcausi-vert-620x

I'd disagree, the blues should stay as an alternate (with black pants please). Keeping black around is worth it for the all-black look alone.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 8/28/2018 at 4:36 PM, DNAsports said:

I don't think uniforms should have Home-Away-Alternate designation. The NBA made a good step forward by axing the designations.

Sort of going off of this, I know this will never happen but I wish every sport would wear white at home (exceptions such as the Lakers notwithstanding), and a color jersey as the away (alternates could be worn on the road as well), like the NBA used to. This way home fans can get used to seeing their team in white, while getting to see a lot of different looks from other teams. This also would help make baseball matchups a little less bland than white vs gray.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

My favorite Seahawks unis, by far, were the ‘02-‘11 set. I loved the lighter shade of blue that they used and it had the perfect amount of that bright green. 

I didn’t hate it, but man did that shade just make it look like they were wearing all denim.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 11:41 AM, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Are you sure?

Image result for cleveland browns 1975-1983

I like this look

Heck, this is one the best combos the Browns have in their garbage set

Image result for cleveland browns white over orange

For some reason 1980s Browns orange looked a bit off to me. like some weird brown-orange color rather than true orange

• Like 2

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

On 8/28/2018 at 8:11 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The A's should bring back the white coaches' caps/helmets, with grey equivalents for their road uniforms.

8575-12Fr.jpg

Since coaches aren't sweating as much as players, darkening crowns isn't an issue. Heck, '47 Brand already mocked up a modernized version:

B-SRSTT18WBP-WH-WR-F.jpg

Quick, someone tweet this idea to Kaval.

With all of the fan service he's done this year, he might actually consider it.

• Like 2

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Did someone say the Seahawks?

AkviAiH.jpg

This is a good look, but honestly I wouldn’t want them to go back to it just because there are already enough teams that do silver helmet + pants that it would just get lost in the mire. Maybe if they changed the helmet to blue or even green.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Did someone say the Seahawks?

AkviAiH.jpg

To me this says pacific northwest better than anything they wear now

But I also accept them as a goody uniform team. And their fans love and embrace the goofiness. With the Seahawks there will never be a permanent return to something clean and traditional (unlike the Falcons who I believe will eventually return to something nice) And the majority of Seahawk fans do not seem to be clamoring for it either

fwiw this is my favorite current Seahawks look. Not just as a road look but of all their combos (9 I believe) I just think they need gray pants at all times

47HJimM.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I loved how on the old Seahawks helmet the birds neck didn't quite connect on the wraparound. Though I could see how it irritated some ocd folks having that little space between. I preferred it the old way instead of having the entire logo wrap around in one continuous flowing helmet logo

SEAHAWKS%20CHARGERS-161993.jpg?uuid=Dt9u

I think this current helmet is the first ever to have the decals meet in back, isn't it? I always liked the ones where the decals wrapped around and almost met in the back. Vikings were my favorite of those but original Seahawks was a great example too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how good the Bolts look in this photo? 

It was a good look. Though I don't take too much offense to how they look now...this is clearly better

My personal favorite is this though. The yellow bolts on the shoulder, helmet, s and pants made the look a bit more vibrant

Leslie-O'Neal.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

The thing that ruins the Seahawks unis for me is the chest stripes. I hate that element on the Browns too. That and the fact that their go to look is mono-navy.

Everyone's go-to look is mono-something-or-other anymore. I'll gladly be the grumpy old man and say that trend looks stupid and I hate it.

...that said, I don't think it looks terrible on the Seahawks for some reason. It just kind of seems to fit their style somehow. I'm also cool with Carolina going all-black. Beyond those, though, the jersey and pants shouldn't match unless they're both white.