Unpopular Opinions

21 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

but I still think the previous logo was great and I think the 1970-92 set was excellent and much better than it’s given credit for.

The issue people have with it isn’t so much the aesthetics (though one can argue it’s too modern a look for an O6 team) as much as it the fact that it’s associated with the franchise’s worst years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The issue people have with it isn’t so much the aesthetics (though one can argue it’s too modern a look for an O6 team) as much as it the fact that it’s associated with the franchise’s worst years. 

It's a shame. Their best(in my opinion) jersey is associated with the worst years in their history.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Padres 1998 uniform is one of my least favorite in their history. It’s probably mostly because I feel brown & yellow should be the only Padres scheme, and also because the Tigers (and now the Astros again) have such a hold on the navy & orange scheme. The clunky wordmark doesn’t help things for me either.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This one will probably be a shocker:

I don't think the Carolina Panthers need any major changes. I love their color scheme, including the super-bright silver that some think they should drop (look at their helmet up close next chance you get). I think the weird elements of their uniform - the shoulder loops, the '90s helmet stripes - work for them. It's almost as if Cam and company have given a new swagger to the look, and it fits them.

The only real change I think they should make is to drop the white pants. This is kind of painful for me to say, because I think they look great in white-over-white, but there's no need for white pants when silver is one of their colors - plus, as we saw in the preseason, the alternate black pants can complement the white jerseys nicely when paired with the bright blue socks.

I'd say white over silver for home day games, black over silver for home night games, white over black on the road, and then treat the alt looks (all-black and blue over silver) as special-occasion things that the players can decide when to wear. 

(Also, I really loved the super-nineties end zone script they had till the logo retouch, but I get that it was quite dated by that time.)

• Like 9

I think the Saints fleur-de-lis looked SO much better on the helmet when it was larger and single-outlined:

68d066fbb331c955c907ba4cb61ffd18

s568872814488652156_p4095_i1_w568.jpeg

By comparison, the triple outline just looks too cluttered and the reduced size makes it stand out less than it used to. 

181009124629-drew-brees-new-orleans-sain

The old just looked so much cleaner and its straightforwardness was its greatest strength. Sometimes, simple AND larger is better.

P.S: I forgot how great the Saints looked in the late 90’s with the gold numbers. I’d argue it was the second best Saints set behind the inaugural one. It doesn’t quite have the edge because the pants stripe should be black-white-black like the helmet, but even still, it looked really good.

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think the Saints fleur-de-lis looked SO much better on the helmet when it was larger and single-outlined:

68d066fbb331c955c907ba4cb61ffd18

s568872814488652156_p4095_i1_w568.jpeg

By comparison, the triple outline just looks too cluttered and the reduced size makes it stand out less than it used to. 

181009124629-drew-brees-new-orleans-sain

The old just looked so much cleaner and it’s straightforwardness was its greatest strength. Sometimes, simple AND larger is better.

P.S: I forgot how great the Saints looked in the late 90’s with the gold numbers. I’d argue it was the second best Saints set behind the inaugural one. It doesn’t quite have the edge because the pants stripe should be black-white-black like the helmet, but even still, it looked really good.

I disagree about the pant stripes - they don't always have to match the helmet stripes, and I was fond of the wide black stripes on the gold pants. I liked them best with the state of Louisiana shape on them rather than the fleur-de-lis, though.

Don't have a strong opinion on the logo outlining.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the popular opinion.  Particularly given the popularity of not liking double-outlines.

So perhaps I have the unpopular opinion.  I like it now.  I think  the two longer "petals" (for lack of a better term) stick out too much in the original.  I also happen to like multiple-outlines more than most, so I like that part to.  However, I think it's the size and shape that most leads me to prefer the smaller logo.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the popular opinion.  Particularly given the popularity of not liking double-outlines.

Hmm, maybe. I just recall reading a few posts from people in the past saying the fleur-de-lis looked too thin and not as substantial without the outlines. I don’t remember the posters themselves, I just remember that being an opinion that multiple people seemed to hold. I very well may have misinterpreted it, though, or confused it for being a more popular opinion that it really was.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I liked them best with the state of Louisiana shape on them rather than the fleur-de-lis, though.

Ah yes, I love that logo. In fact, I own a cap with the modern version of it on the front. I could go either way between it and the fleur-de-lis when it come to the sleeves, but they could change it back to the Louisiana logo tomorrow and I’d be totally fine with that.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 hours ago, Bayne said:

I don't know why anyone cares about MLB, NFL or NBA uniforms at all. They're boring.

Hot take! Nice.

I would concede MLB but that's basically it. How are NFL uniforms boring? I assume then that you only care about NHL jerseys? As someone who doesn't watch hockey, it's hard for me to care about them. And even then, I can only appreciate or dislike certain sweaters, do not care about the shorts or other equipment.

Soccer kits bore me and the advertising on the chest makes me lack respect for them.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

The Bucs’ uniforms are not that bad. 

I guess my Bucs’ unpopular opinion that I actually like their helmets. The enlarged flag has never really bothered me at all, not nearly as much as it does others. I just really hate that number font and the mismatched sleeve logos. I am also very indifferent overall about the shoulder yoke and have never really decided if I like it or not. It strangely kinda works okay when they’re wearing white pants, but not so much when they wear pewter pants; I think its a color balance thing and the yoke plus pewter pants is just a bit too much pewter.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

37 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I guess my Bucs’ unpopular opinion that I actually like their helmets. The enlarged flag has never really bothered me at all, not nearly as much as it does others. I just really hate that number font and the mismatched sleeve logos. I am also very indifferent overall about the shoulder yoke and have never really decided if I like it or not. It strangely kinda works okay when they’re wearing white pants, but not so much when they wear pewter pants; I think its a color balance thing and the yoke plus pewter pants is just a bit too much pewter.

I like their helmet too. But matte pewter is not pewter, so screw their uniforms.

• Like 3

Not sure how unpopular this is. 

Ball in glove is a better logo but the barley M fits the Brewers identity better, even if it’s corporate inspired. I don’t know what they should do.

The current navy and gold is their best colour scheme. I assume that’s not as popular an opinion. 

Turn the MB insignia into beer mug or something, I dunno. 

• Like 9