Unpopular Opinions

4 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Hot take! Nice.

I would concede MLB but that's basically it. How are NFL uniforms boring? I assume then that you only care about NHL jerseys? As someone who doesn't watch hockey, it's hard for me to care about them. And even then, I can only appreciate or dislike certain sweaters, do not care about the shorts or other equipment.

Soccer kits bore me and the advertising on the chest makes me lack respect for them.

NFL uniforms are easily boring to me. As with NBA I'm not saying they can't be nitpicked and analysed and done well etc, but there's not much to any of them. I think the big difference for hockey is the prominent logo and how it influences the entire look of the uniform. It's a art piece. Every other sport is essentially just a colour scheme and some numbers. Soccer kits I enjoy to an extent because you see a bit more creativity more often, but even them I'm not that into.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Fair enough, but how often does a grey uniform check both those boxes?

It rarely does because teams overthink it. Detroit was close, since the Lions just needed to go with silver uniforms and pants instead of dark gray. Off the top of my head, both Ohio State and Tennessee have come close, too. If the Buckeyes ditched the “wolf” motif and used red instead of black, that uniform would have been gorgeous (I liked it as an alternate uniform in a vacuum, but it wasn’t exactly Ohio State — if that makes sense). The Volunteers also looked great, but would have been perfect if not for the dark gray shoulder yoke (I understand it was a carryover from the Smokey helmets, though).

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 4:36 PM, Prince Harry said:

Not sure how unpopular this is. 

Ball in glove is a better logo but the barley M fits the Brewers identity better, even if it’s corporate inspired. I don’t know what they should do.

The current navy and gold is their best colour scheme. I assume that’s not as popular an opinion. 

Turn the MB insignia into beer mug or something, I dunno. 

This is always an unpopular opinion.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't like the Bucs' numbers, but my biggest problem with their uniforms is the matte pewter yoke right next to the metallic pewter helmet. It really highlights that they are not the same color.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:36 PM, Prince Harry said:

Not sure how unpopular this is. 

Ball in glove is a better logo but the barley M fits the Brewers identity better, even if it’s corporate inspired. I don’t know what they should do.

The current navy and gold is their best colour scheme. I assume that’s not as popular an opinion. 

Turn the MB insignia into beer mug or something, I dunno. 

It's an interesting question for sure and reminds me of the Wizards. Would you rather take the arguably better look with little to no reference to the nickname? Or the much more "meh" look that ties it together. 

14 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

This is a damn good uniform set.

CArvsWAS1_GETTY_1539542336020_6223338_ve

A lot of people want to get rid of the silver helmet, but I love it - especially with the white and black pants. Another thing that I shouldn’t like, but I do (especially because bottom-heaviness is a problem for me with a lot of uniforms, like the Jets wearing their green pants away)

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

17 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

This is a damn good uniform set.

CArvsWAS1_GETTY_1539542336020_6223338_ve

I really like this uniform combo, and I wouldn't mind if they kept it for another 20 years. The only complaint I have about the Panthers uniforms are the helmet stripes. First, they look different depending which helmet model they are on. Second, The stripes are Black with a Blue outline on the Silver background of the helmet, but the silver pants have a Blue stripe with Black outline.

My solution would be to just take the stripes off of te helmet, or have a tapered stripe like the rest of the uniform that was Blue with Black outline 

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

Road pinstripes were good. More teams should have them.

I must admit that some teams pulled off the look pretty well.

twinshlmet-590x407.jpg  93042a_lg.jpegPirates-Throwback-1-590x499.jpg

Road pinstripes really only work when the design of the lettering is simple. The Twins, Padres, and Pirates all have single outlines, with the Twins matching the pinstripe and outline color. However, complex designs look terrible with road pinstripes. The multiple outlines/shadows of the Angels and Diamondbacks, as well as the inlays of the Rockies, clutter things up.

s_angels5_i.jpg 0.jpg ab9a70daa40881fc26c652eb8e86da56.jpg

The Diamondbacks look particularly bad, downplaying a big part of their color scheme (turquoise) and switching emphasis away from their unique purple shade towards black. While I'm a big black/turquoise/copper guy for Arizona, I don't think black was used well from 1998-2006.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't think Clemson uses enough purple. Don't @ me. 

When’s the last time Clemson wore a purple alternate? I like thier uniforms as-is right now, but I’d still be perfectly fine with a purple alternate every now and then so long as it was worn with the same traditional helmet and pants. Nothing crazy, just a little change of color to mix things up.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

When’s the last time Clemson wore a purple alternate? I like thier uniforms as-is right now, but I’d still be perfectly fine with a purple alternate every now and then so long as it was worn with the same traditional helmet and pants. Nothing crazy, just a little change of color to mix things up.

I think they have them in both football and men's hoops. But they don't wear them enough, and their regular uniforms don't have enough purple trim IMO.

• Like 1