raysox

Unpopular Opinions

3 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the popular opinion.  Particularly given the popularity of not liking double-outlines.

Hmm, maybe. I just recall reading a few posts from people in the past saying the fleur-de-lis looked too thin and not as substantial without the outlines. I don’t remember the posters themselves, I just remember that being an opinion that multiple people seemed to hold. I very well may have misinterpreted it, though, or confused it for being a more popular opinion that it really was.

12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I liked them best with the state of Louisiana shape on them rather than the fleur-de-lis, though.

Ah yes, I love that logo. In fact, I own a cap with the modern version of it on the front. I could go either way between it and the fleur-de-lis when it come to the sleeves, but they could change it back to the Louisiana logo tomorrow and I’d be totally fine with that.

Grey football uniforms, if grey is a team color and the right shade is used, look awesome.

I don't know why anyone cares about MLB, NFL or NBA uniforms at all. They're boring.

25 minutes ago, Bayne said:

I don't know why anyone cares about MLB, NFL or NBA uniforms at all. They're boring.

Most of them, yes. I only like a few of them.

15 hours ago, Bayne said:

Hot take! Nice.

I would concede MLB but that's basically it. How are NFL uniforms boring? I assume then that you only care about NHL jerseys? As someone who doesn't watch hockey, it's hard for me to care about them. And even then, I can only appreciate or dislike certain sweaters, do not care about the shorts or other equipment.

Soccer kits bore me and the advertising on the chest makes me lack respect for them.

The Bucs’ uniforms are not that bad. 

7 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I guess my Bucs’ unpopular opinion that I actually like their helmets. The enlarged flag has never really bothered me at all, not nearly as much as it does others. I just really hate that number font and the mismatched sleeve logos. I am also very indifferent overall about the shoulder yoke and have never really decided if I like it or not. It strangely kinda works okay when they’re wearing white pants, but not so much when they wear pewter pants; I think its a color balance thing and the yoke plus pewter pants is just a bit too much pewter.

37 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I guess my Bucs’ unpopular opinion that I actually like their helmets. The enlarged flag has never really bothered me at all, not nearly as much as it does others. I just really hate that number font and the mismatched sleeve logos. I am also very indifferent overall about the shoulder yoke and have never really decided if I like it or not. It strangely kinda works okay when they’re wearing white pants, but not so much when they wear pewter pants; I think its a color balance thing and the yoke plus pewter pants is just a bit too much pewter.

I like their helmet too. But matte pewter is not pewter, so screw their uniforms.

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Agreed in fact I think they’re an improvement, when wearing the right combination, which they rarely do.

Not sure how unpopular this is. 

Ball in glove is a better logo but the barley M fits the Brewers identity better, even if it’s corporate inspired. I don’t know what they should do.

The current navy and gold is their best colour scheme. I assume that’s not as popular an opinion. 

Turn the MB insignia into beer mug or something, I dunno. 

4 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Hot take! Nice.

I would concede MLB but that's basically it. How are NFL uniforms boring? I assume then that you only care about NHL jerseys? As someone who doesn't watch hockey, it's hard for me to care about them. And even then, I can only appreciate or dislike certain sweaters, do not care about the shorts or other equipment.

Soccer kits bore me and the advertising on the chest makes me lack respect for them.

NFL uniforms are easily boring to me. As with NBA I'm not saying they can't be nitpicked and analysed and done well etc, but there's not much to any of them. I think the big difference for hockey is the prominent logo and how it influences the entire look of the uniform. It's a art piece. Every other sport is essentially just a colour scheme and some numbers. Soccer kits I enjoy to an extent because you see a bit more creativity more often, but even them I'm not that into.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:20 PM, FALCON6 said:

Grey football uniforms, if grey is a team color and the right shade is used, look awesome.

Fair enough, but how often does a grey uniform check both those boxes?

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Fair enough, but how often does a grey uniform check both those boxes?

It rarely does because teams overthink it. Detroit was close, since the Lions just needed to go with silver uniforms and pants instead of dark gray. Off the top of my head, both Ohio State and Tennessee have come close, too. If the Buckeyes ditched the “wolf” motif and used red instead of black, that uniform would have been gorgeous (I liked it as an alternate uniform in a vacuum, but it wasn’t exactly Ohio State — if that makes sense). The Volunteers also looked great, but would have been perfect if not for the dark gray shoulder yoke (I understand it was a carryover from the Smokey helmets, though).

On 10/14/2018 at 4:36 PM, Prince Harry said:

Ball in glove is a better logo but the barley M fits the Brewers identity better, even if it’s corporate inspired. I don’t know what they should do.

The current navy and gold is their best colour scheme. I assume that’s not as popular an opinion. 

This is always an unpopular opinion.

This is a damn good uniform set.

CArvsWAS1_GETTY_1539542336020_6223338_ve

14 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

A bit too bottom heavy IMO. With a blue helmet like the UFL Florida Tuskers it would look better5271428540_0f5e031be7_b.jpg

I don't like the Bucs' numbers, but my biggest problem with their uniforms is the matte pewter yoke right next to the metallic pewter helmet. It really highlights that they are not the same color.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:36 PM, Prince Harry said:

It's an interesting question for sure and reminds me of the Wizards. Would you rather take the arguably better look with little to no reference to the nickname? Or the much more "meh" look that ties it together. 

14 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

A lot of people want to get rid of the silver helmet, but I love it - especially with the white and black pants. Another thing that I shouldn’t like, but I do (especially because bottom-heaviness is a problem for me with a lot of uniforms, like the Jets wearing their green pants away)