raysox

Unpopular Opinions

17 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

This is a damn good uniform set.

CArvsWAS1_GETTY_1539542336020_6223338_ve

I really like this uniform combo, and I wouldn't mind if they kept it for another 20 years. The only complaint I have about the Panthers uniforms are the helmet stripes. First, they look different depending which helmet model they are on. Second, The stripes are Black with a Blue outline on the Silver background of the helmet, but the silver pants have a Blue stripe with Black outline.

My solution would be to just take the stripes off of te helmet, or have a tapered stripe like the rest of the uniform that was Blue with Black outline 

On this set and when they were first created, the Lakers’ best uniform is the white one. 

The Green Bay Packers uniforms look like they belong to a high school team.

Road pinstripes were good. More teams should have them.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:51 AM, anythinglogos said:

A bit too bottom heavy IMO. With a blue helmet like the UFL Florida Tuskers it would look better5271428540_0f5e031be7_b.jpg

I'm not feeling the blue lid. 

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

Road pinstripes were good. More teams should have them.

I must admit that some teams pulled off the look pretty well.

twinshlmet-590x407.jpg  93042a_lg.jpegPirates-Throwback-1-590x499.jpg

Road pinstripes really only work when the design of the lettering is simple. The Twins, Padres, and Pirates all have single outlines, with the Twins matching the pinstripe and outline color. However, complex designs look terrible with road pinstripes. The multiple outlines/shadows of the Angels and Diamondbacks, as well as the inlays of the Rockies, clutter things up.

s_angels5_i.jpg 0.jpg ab9a70daa40881fc26c652eb8e86da56.jpg

The Diamondbacks look particularly bad, downplaying a big part of their color scheme (turquoise) and switching emphasis away from their unique purple shade towards black. While I'm a big black/turquoise/copper guy for Arizona, I don't think black was used well from 1998-2006.

I don't think Clemson uses enough purple. Don't @ me. 

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't think Clemson uses enough purple. Don't @ me. 

When’s the last time Clemson wore a purple alternate? I like thier uniforms as-is right now, but I’d still be perfectly fine with a purple alternate every now and then so long as it was worn with the same traditional helmet and pants. Nothing crazy, just a little change of color to mix things up.

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

When’s the last time Clemson wore a purple alternate? I like thier uniforms as-is right now, but I’d still be perfectly fine with a purple alternate every now and then so long as it was worn with the same traditional helmet and pants. Nothing crazy, just a little change of color to mix things up.

I think they have them in both football and men's hoops. But they don't wear them enough, and their regular uniforms don't have enough purple trim IMO.

20 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

All of these look good. Arizona is the best of the bottom 3. 

On 10/20/2018 at 12:42 AM, SFGiants58 said:

I must admit that some teams pulled off the look pretty well.

Road pinstripes really only work when the design of the lettering is simple. The Twins, Padres, and Pirates all have single outlines, with the Twins matching the pinstripe and outline color. However, complex designs look terrible with road pinstripes. The multiple outlines/shadows of the Angels and Diamondbacks, as well as the inlays of the Rockies, clutter things up.

The Diamondbacks look particularly bad, downplaying a big part of their color scheme (turquoise) and switching emphasis away from their unique purple shade towards black. While I'm a big black/turquoise/copper guy for Arizona, I don't think black was used well from 1998-2006.

YES!! I loved it when the Minnesota Twins had the road pinstripes. It's what allowed them to separate from all other navy-red teams. 

On 10/18/2018 at 9:51 AM, anythinglogos said:

A bit too bottom heavy IMO. With a blue helmet like the UFL Florida Tuskers it would look better

5271428540_0f5e031be7_b.jpg

I think the Panthers could pull off blue helmets. That black panther logo would look great on it.

Image result for florida tuskersRelated image

I just wish the panthers would drop every instance of silver in their colour scheme for white. It would look so much better, cleaner and more vibrant 

39 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I just wish the panthers would drop every instance of silver in their colour scheme for white. It would look so much better, cleaner and more vibrant 

Yeah the silver just comes off tacky and unnecessary. Even a bit of charcoal like the Eagles instead would fit better than all that silver.

I hate everything about the Chicago Bears look and I hate that they have a cool name but don't use any actual bears. 

8 minutes ago, San Diego said:

I hate everything about the Chicago Bears look and I hate that they have a cool name but don't use any actual bears. 

I mostly like their look, but would be totally cool with them adding grey as a tertiary color and sticking their bear head alt logo somewhere on their uniforms.

Just don't touch the throwbacks with the plain navy helmets and the orange numerals. Those are fantastic.

I'm sick of seeing WPT on ESPN Channels.  People sitting around playing cards is not a sport! if it's so damn popular give it its own channel.   bring back the 24-hour sports news channel!

15 hours ago, San Diego said:

Um:

ff_3058573alt1_full.jpg&w=900