Unpopular Opinions

Pittsburgh Steeler's Bumble-Bee jerseys. Everyone seems to love those, and praises them as the among the best uni's all time, but personally I think they are horrific to look at

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

15 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

Pittsburgh Steeler's Bumble-Bee jerseys. Everyone seems to love those, and praises them as the among the best uni's all time, but personally I think they are horrific to look at

Who's praising the bumble-bee jerseys as the best of all time? 

• Like 4

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

33 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

17 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Seriously..  I don't think I've ever heard anything nice said about them.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

24 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously..  I don't think I've ever heard anything nice said about them.

Lol, I was being sarcastic. 

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

20 hours ago, jn8 said:

Not sure if this has been done before, it might’ve been but I don’t recall seeing it ever, but it’s something I feel could have an interesting discussion. Pretty self-explanatory, what uniforms do you think are the most overrated? By that I don’t mean just post any uniform you don’t like, but more along the lines of a uniform people around here (or anywhere, I guess) seem to regard as a top uniform of all time that you feel is no more than average, or something along those lines. 

For me, one I’d call overrated is the classic Patriots. 

oJHtBsn.png

rW7MlQm.jpg

For starters, that logo is God-awful. Way too much going on in the middle there that just starts to look like a mess at any distance, and on the helmet it’s way too tall to look good. IMO, helmet logos should be wider rather than taller. As for the rest of the uniform, it’s nothing special. Just some basic striping. The biggest issue? It’s primarily red. Anyone see an issue with the Patriots, a team name referencing the Revolutionary War, a team based in America, wearing red? I’ll give you a hint: Paul Revere wasn’t shouting “the blue coats are coming.” IDK, what else to say. I mean, I just don’t get what some people see in them. 

So, anyone else have a uniform set thy feel is overrated? 

I hated the Patriots as a kid because I thought Pat was the ugliest, goofiest logo I'd ever seen on a football helmet.  When I hear people talk about what a great logo Pat was, I start to question their taste.

The uniforms aren't bad in a vacuum.  Great color balance on a template that's hard to screw up.  I don't always love striping consistency but it really works here.  Though the fact that they're red really is a problem.  The only way I'd kinda want this look back is if they swapped the red and blue.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but would you care to expound?

I don't like the colors together with the design - blue and yellow can look incredible, but has to be done right. In this case, it's a white uniform, blue pinstripes, blue wordmark, blue collar/belt, blue undershirt, blue stirrups, for some players blue shoes, and then yellow outlines on the numbers and the cap. I know that this is probably something wrong with me, but I hate how underused (and therefore out of place) it looks. Also, I just think pullovers are absolutely terrible and should never come back in any capacity.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

20 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I don't like the colors together with the design - blue and yellow can look incredible, but has to be done right. In this case, it's a white uniform, blue pinstripes, blue wordmark, blue collar/belt, blue undershirt, blue stirrups, for some players blue shoes, and then yellow outlines on the numbers and the cap. I know that this is probably something wrong with me, but I hate how underused (and therefore out of place) it looks. Also, I just think pullovers are absolutely terrible and should never come back in any capacity.

I think I get what you mean and I think the fauxbacks are infinitely better for many of the reasons you cited.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

When I hear people talk about what a great logo Pat was, I start to question their taste.

It's not a great logo to begin with, but at the very least it worked okay as a non-field logo. Maybe in a locker room, on some letterheads, etc. But it was horrible on the helmets.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

While the topic of the Als new unis are still fresh, this is the best Uniform set the Alouettes have ever worn:
500_F_147628941_iGT4LlnZSAXXodygBSD2YPM4

Yep - that would be an unpopular opinion.

Best Alouettes uniforms:

6a00d8341c465d53ef0133f3170d49970b-600wi

18f6c07b8b8a975021f545894861ea2a.jpg

Also 1986 not bad - especially liked the road ones:

Doug-Scott-Montreal-Alouettes-1986.jpg

• Like 2