Unpopular Opinions

^^^^

Winner of the "unpopular opinions" contest.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm about to commit board suicide here. I like the buffaslug logo... BETTER... Than the original Sabres logo.

I think the old logo falls into the category I made with the Nordiques, and Jets logos. It's just kind of basic, and make people nostalgia. If it was updated like Cfish's or GhettoFarmBoy's Sabres concept, I'd be all for it. Theres just something I don;t like about the wimpy swords, the weak handle, and the akward lines coming off the buffalo. The "updated" one just added a double outline around it. The Buffaslug is just modern and cool like most NHL logos.

Whoever said that Nike should be in charge of designing the NFL was spot on. I love almost all of the uniforms they design.

I think Miami's U logo is one of (if not the) best logos of all time.

I think Oregon's current set of logos and jerseys are awesome.

The neon green Seahawks jerseys are amazing for being an alternate.

I think the Broncos should go to the orange jerseys full time, and keep the '09 thowback (I own a replica of both of those jerseys)

I can go either way on gray facemasks.

I really like the Vikings and Cardinals current uniforms (especially the Vikings pants, I love how well the purple jersey side strips fit the white pant stripes)

The Islanders fisherman logo is really cool.

I miss UCONNS old football set. (The one with the shoulder loops)

I hate the Chargers' current uniforms. The bolt on the sleeve instead of the shoulder looks akward, and nothing is ever consistent. On the home, the bolt on the helmet and sleeve are on white, but on the pants, they're on blue. On the roads, the bolt on the helmet and pants are on white, but the bolt on the sleeve is in blue. The alternate is the same way as the home, but replace navy with powder blue. I absolutely can't stand it.

I hate city abbreviations on basketball jerseys and logos. They don't represent an airport for crying out. The city has a full name, use it. Spell it out. It's not PHX, it's PHOENIX. It's not ATL, it's ATLANTA. It's not NOLA, it's NEW ORLEANS. Save your abbreviations for scoreboards and airports - spell out your flippin' city name.

I would love to see some NFL teams try out city wormarks on road jerseys. For example, the Broncos would have DENVER instead of BRONCOS on thier road jersey, it'd be pretty cool.

I think the Kansas City Royals' grey road uniform is the best road in baseball, just ahead of the Dodgers.

I never liked the Sonics' 2002 modernization. Everything about thier 1996 identity should have stayed. That was the best look in Sonics history.

This current Mariners identity is the best in team history.

I totally dig the retro Pistons' "tin man" logo. That couldve been a cool asset to thier identity if they kept the tin man somehow.

I think the best Astros uniforms were the 1965 ones.

I still am not used to seeing the Atlanta Hawks in Navy.

The best Heat uniforms were thier inagurals.

I'm a fan of the 90's Nuggets identity.

I hate any alternate the Celtics have used. None if them really look that good.

I've always thought the Knicks should roll out an Orange jersey.

I consider the Mavericks' rebranding of 2002 the worst rebrand in NBA history. Thier previous identity was perfect, and needed no change. This current identity is a total mess.

I hate the Padres' "McDonald's" uniforms except for the hat. I think their inagural set is the best in team history and should have stayed throughout franchise history.

I think the 70's and 80's were the worst decades for uniforms in the MLB.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Florida+Panthers+Vd9xrfFSGcyl.jpg

gagner-main.jpg

Love the Oilers current set (minus the gawdy throwback). For a franchise with an annoying habit of wanting to wallow in their own history, this is, for once, a bold step forward into the future. Would love to see Taylor Hall raise the Stanley Cup one day wearing these.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

I don't think a lot of people like these, but I love them:

olineburgundy.jpg

I had always wondered what it would look like on the field but never thought it would happen. I was excited when it surprisingly DID happen and loved it.

The team got destroyed on the field when it happened...so I doubt I'll see them again.

Same thing happened with these:

09000d5d8029f879_gallery_600.jpg

87Redskins.png

The Yankees' uniforms are terrible, but so is everything else about the Evil Empire.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I loved the Sonics mid-90s rebranding:color scheme, logo, uni design, all of it.

Tradition be damned, the "Hook 'em, Horns" hand sign should be done with the thumb and pinky as the horns. Do it. Now look at the logo. Now do the "traditional" sign. Which one looks more like the logo?

Gradients on major sport uniforms look like a desperate plea for attention,like a last gasp move.

The Maple Leafs should go back to the Ballard-era sleeves.

WIth the exception of white-white, I hate monochromatic NFL combos. Helmets are not a consideration.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Florida+Panthers+Vd9xrfFSGcyl.jpg

gagner-main.jpg

Love the Oilers current set (minus the gawdy throwback). For a franchise with an annoying habit of wanting to wallow in their own history, this is, for once, a bold step forward into the future. Would love to see Taylor Hall raise the Stanley Cup one day wearing these.

A future where the NHL's 30 teams all wear practice jerseys?

I'd say we have a new winner

I love:

The Vancouver Grizzlies' original jerseys. (I also believe Vancouver deserves another shot at the NBA; Although Seattle should first.)

The Calgary Flames' flaming horse logo.

The Phila. Eagles' blue and yellow throwbacks.

The late 90's Jazz unis.

The University of Colorado's horned helmets.

That LA doesn't have an NFL franchise and Jacksonville does.

Royal blue and yellow Rams (in St. Louis)

The 90's Pistons' unis.

All Oregon Ducks Football unis.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

09000d5d8029f879_gallery_600.jpg

I actually prefer this look to what they have. If they were to pull a 49ers and be able to subtly update this look, they'd have one of my favorite looks in the NFL. What they have right now is garish. Even with the grey facemask, this is better than them having that yellow monstrosity for a grill.