Unpopular Opinions

I HATE the pinkwashing the NFL does.

Didn't look back to see if it's unpopular or if anyone else mentioned it, but most people around me hate hearing me say it. But it doesn't do a damn thing. Everyone is well aware of breast cancer, and it's just a money grab by the NFL as well as pandering to gain more women fans and I'm over it. A month of ruining NFL uniforms really irks me. Probably the only thing I agree with Paul Lukas on.

This is by no means unpopular.

spacer.png

its a well executed idea with an aesthetic that fits traditional baseball and includes some of their past visual equity. its appropriate, timeless, well built, will look great and be consistent across all applications and gives them a modern identity that replaces a sloppy, overly complex, turn of the century identity. the new colors help separate them from almost every other MLB team giving them something that is really unique and memorable.

It seems lazy to me, too. Standard block letter/number font and the old Star H logo. There seems to be little imagination, little "design" involved. It looks very "generic" to me. You could not say the same of, say, the New Bobcats jerseys, or the new look Marlins. Even if you think they're terrible, they're not "lazy."

That being said, if you like the boring, generic and dated... you're going to say that it looks "clean" and "traditional" and "timeless," because those are the virtues that appeal to you.

Fitting song: Cinderlla's "Don't know what you got till it's gone"

8aafd8b2f6f07519142a908eae68fb7c-getty-90043338rw009_warriors_nets.jpg

I hated their road and alternate unifroms, but their home whites from 2002-2010 were beautiful.

These were miles better:

0fuux96ff0zunjmxgugw2ewhd.gif

Sure, for a comic book superhero. They're update in 2002 was a much need change and looked really good.

I never really cared for or liked the old Mighty Ducks of Anaheim primary uniforms. Quite frankly I wish they adopted the two alternates they had in the late 90s as full-time primaries and adopt a purple third jersey in that style instead.

MightyDucks4.png

Are "4th": jerseys still allowed? They are the only team that I know of to have 2 alternates. Throwback or "NHL Vintage Jerseys" are considered a separate thing. The Ducks stopped wearing the green "4" jersey and the '99 season, and stopped wearing the white 3rd jersey shortly there after.

Opinion: I hate the US Soccer team's "Where's Waldo" uniforms.

i think everyone does

No, that's just not true at all.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've never liked the NY Yankees away uniforms.

I don't like the font they use to spell out New York. I'd replace New York with the interlocking NY they wear on their caps and on their home uniforms.

I'm just not a fan of city/state names on uniforms. I prefer stylish initials or team names on jerseys.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

First Post! I actually loved almost all the 90's influenced NBA uniforms. From the Raptor's cartoon Jerseys to the Rocket's striped jerseys. The only thing I didn't like was all the teal/aqua (Pistons, Grizzlies, Hornets) However, nowadays I would kill for the Grizzlies to return to their Vancouver/Early Memphis unis.