Unpopular Opinions

Phantom is that you?

But seriously, the pirates and whitesox have a pullover as an alt, are you talking about as a primary?

As throwbacks, no?

Guess what you could try doing with a pullover - Put a logo in the middle of the jersey. Like this.Turn-ahead-the-clock-Rockies.jpg1999-home-future2.jpg

So you basically want the TATC uniforms to come true?

Sure, but with better designs. (though a couple of the TATC were actually really good)

No, they weren't. At best the TATC jerseys were delightfully kitschy. Perfect for the promotion but in no way suitable as the basis for a full time look. At worst they were uncreative, simply slapping a huge version of the primary on a sleeveless pullover.

As for pullovers in general? There's a reason they fell out of style and only exist in throwback form these days. They were terrible.

Can't lie, the Reds pullover is, to me, their definitive jersey. Which I guess makes some sense since, for as long their history is, their peak in terms of quality was basically the pullover era.

It's also pretty much the only pullover that I would be cool with coming back.

I hope more teams switch back over to pullovers, but not all of them. I wouldn't mind say 1/3rd of the league wearing them.

That's ten teams too many.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I really don't have a problem with pullovers. Could you imagine a team in any other sport introducing a jersey that buttons in the front? Granted the nature of baseball is such that they can get away with it, but I think that if teams in the pullover era stuck to the same sensibilities that baseball uniforms had up to that point instead of getting all crazy with mix and match designs, or reinventing the wheel as with the Astros rainbow guts and White Sox beach towels; they'd still be around today.

I really don't have a problem with pullovers. Could you imagine a team in any other sport introducing a jersey that buttons in the front? Granted the nature of baseball is such that they can get away with it, but I think that if teams in the pullover era stuck to the same sensibilities that baseball uniforms had up to that point instead of getting all crazy with mix and match designs, or reinventing the wheel as with the Astros rainbow guts and White Sox beach towels; they'd still be around today.

A sensible post.

IMO the LA Kings have never had a bad identity. Sure they've had individual jerseys I hated, like the head-to-toe gold look from the 70's, the Burger King, and the purple alt from the mid-2000's, but in terms of primary jersey sets, to me they've always looked great.

Sure, but with better designs. (though a couple of the TATC were actually really good)

I disagree. Over-sized logos as the centerpiece are never good.

mmd3.jpgMatumboWW1TB.jpg

Never!

charles_dudley_1975_01_01.jpg

Exception?

Nope. Not in my opinion at any rate.

I do not like the Diamondbacks original uniform. I think the design is terrible and the colors are '90s tacky. I thought everyone knew that, but the "what sports identities do you miss" thread now leads me to believe otherwise.

nl_1998_arizona.gif

• Like 2

I do not like the Diamondbacks original uniform. I think the design is terrible and the colors are '90s tacky. I thought everyone knew that, but the "what sports identities do you miss" thread now leads me to believe otherwise.

nl_1998_arizona.gif

The design is terrible? You have one of the worst shoulder patches in NHL history as your profile logo! Though I do have the “Wild Wing" jersey as my profile picture.....

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Best Bruins black jersey ever. Hands down.

4194.jpg

Best Bruins B" logo, ever.

Agreed, the sweaters look great w/o the yolk.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller