Unpopular Opinions

My state is kind of an odd one. Half of New Jersey likes New Jersey/New York teams. But the southern half likes Philadelphia teams so I see a lot of New Jersey license plates down here that have Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers logos.

I wish the Braves would dump their navy and red alternates, dump the road cap, and bring in these as road throwback alternates (so they can still sell more hats):

braves_away.jpg

Which reminds, I prefer pullover jerseys over button-ups.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I don't see why you couldn't leave the orange in the stick but use silver as the third color everywhere else.

Unpopular logo opinion: I hate team-specific license plates. I generally dislike all specialty plates, but I really don't like the ones for sports teams. To me, it almost says that you're a fan of a sports team first and a resident of your state second. Ironically, the time when this might be appropriate would be a Yankees fan in Boca, or a Bears fan in Kenosha, but that obviously can't happen. Also, why invite cops who like a rival team to pull you over?

When I did my road trip through New England, I put a Bills frame on my license plate to let the people know I wasn't from the part of New York that they hated.

• Like 1

I don't see why you couldn't leave the orange in the stick but use silver as the third color everywhere else.

Unpopular logo opinion: I hate team-specific license plates. I generally dislike all specialty plates, but I really don't like the ones for sports teams. To me, it almost says that you're a fan of a sports team first and a resident of your state second. Ironically, the time when this might be appropriate would be a Yankees fan in Boca, or a Bears fan in Kenosha, but that obviously can't happen. Also, why invite cops who like a rival team to pull you over?

When I did my road trip through New England, I put a Bills frame on my license plate to let the people know I wasn't from the part of New York that they hated.

They don't hate Buffalo too?

They don't hate Buffalo too?
I thought people in the rural parts of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine that we hit up would have a general dislike for the "big city folks". Sports-wise, the Sabres and Bills have been bad enough for long enough that I don't think many people can hate them. Someone actually called me on my Sabres hat; that's what I told him.

Here's mine: I absolutely despise the Sonics' color scheme mixed in with their identity. The colors work with the Packers for historical reasons, they look okay with the A's, but that color scheme is so outdated for some reason for the Sonics. When looking at pictures of Durant there in 2007 I feel like I'm watching a game from the 70's.

I hope if they return to the NBA that their brand gets a major overhaul.

Now THAT is definitely an unpopular opinion.

If the Sonics do come back it wouldn't surprise me to see them incorporate some bright green and blue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If somehow the Oakland Raiders end up relocating to a city outside of California, I think the team should do a total rebrand. Name, logos, colors, everything.

If they somehow end up in San Antonio, I'd definitely want them to keep the Silver & Black. Call them the Gunslingers if you must, but keep the Silver & Black.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The current Brewers identity is better than the ball-in-glove identity.

For some reason I'll never comprehend that's a popular opinion around here.

The most common critique is that the ball-in-glove could stand for any team whose initials happen to be MB.

I mean, thank GOODNESS that can't be said about any of baseball's truly iconic logos......

7617g_lg.jpeg8700405_1.jpg?v=8CC877AB293FC40

• Like 1

I could be wrong in thinking this is unpopular, but Man United's blue kits last year were among the best away sets in the Premier League. (That does not mean I like the gingham pattern they used on the home kit a couple years ago. That was hideous.)

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Those black stripes on the new Tampa helmets don't bother me too much. Mainly because I would probably never had noticed them if they weren't pointed out to me. It looks like natural shading to me. Sure it's pointless, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it is hurting anything.

Me too...after they were pointed out I still had trouble picking it out. I get not liking that feature (and I am not a huge fan either) but to call that feature worse than Jacksonville...not me.
I think it's something you won't notice for most of the game, but then you'll see an angle where they look horrible.

I went to training camp last Sunday and the stripes are only easy to spot when viewed from above, or if a guy is holding his helmet by the mask.

The current Brewers identity is better than the ball-in-glove identity.

For some reason I'll never comprehend that's a popular opinion around here.

The most common critique is that the ball-in-glove could stand for any team whose initials happen to be MB.

I mean, thank GOODNESS that can't be said about any of baseball's truly iconic logos......

7617g_lg.jpeg8700405_1.jpg?v=8CC877AB293FC40

53512a_lg.jpegcliff+cook+(7).jpg

The Mets and Giants shared a logo as well...but they never coexisted

Those black stripes on the new Tampa helmets don't bother me too much. Mainly because I would probably never had noticed them if they weren't pointed out to me. It looks like natural shading to me. Sure it's pointless, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it is hurting anything.

Me too...after they were pointed out I still had trouble picking it out. I get not liking that feature (and I am not a huge fan either) but to call that feature worse than Jacksonville...not me.
I think it's something you won't notice for most of the game, but then you'll see an angle where they look horrible.

I went to training camp last Sunday and the stripes are only easy to spot when viewed from above, or if a guy is holding his helmet by the mask.

I suspect that most of the times you'll see them are when a guy lowers his head to either make a tackle or initiate contact with a defender.

This is my favorite post-Lombardi Packers uniform.... only ever used in 1988.

1989-topps-don-majkowski.jpg

1988_GreenBay.png

Sort-of related, but I also loved the way they stretched Phillip Epps' last name out on the back of his jersey.

epps2.jpg