Unpopular Opinions

A major flaw I have with the Braves' set that most people don't seem to care about...

jason_heyward_87_large.jpg

7734708.jpg

Sorry, but that triple placket piping looks atrocious. Along with the outlined, cursive script and the tomahawk, it clutters the front of the jersey way too much.

I agree, it's so cluttered! They need to do what the Indians did with theirs and eliminate it.

A major flaw I have with the Braves' set that most people don't seem to care about...

jason_heyward_87_large.jpg

7734708.jpg

Sorry, but that triple placket piping looks atrocious. Along with the outlined, cursive script and the tomahawk, it clutters the front of the jersey way too much.

IMO the Braves themselves don't need triple placket piping, but I'd rather they wear it than no one in the MLB (Besides the A's alts), it stands out from all the pinstripes and thin piping the rest of the league uses.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

No matter how often people herald them as modern classics, I can not convince myself to like the Carolina Panthers' uniforms. Love love love the colors and I like the current logo, but I really don't like the template.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I didn't think it was that absurd a look and it got more ridicule than it deserved. I just don't know why they felt the need to create special navy blue pants just for that alternate. Would've looked better with their regular slate blue pants to match the helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Conversely, I'd like to have seen the navy pants with the primaries; particularly the dark primary. The dark primary is one of my favorite NFL jerseys ever...and the white was solid too...but the one-color look ruined 'em both. Dark blue pants would have played off the dark blue sleeves. Maybe slate pants on the road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Conversely, I'd like to have seen the navy pants with the primaries; particularly the dark primary. The dark primary is one of my favorite NFL jerseys ever...and the white was solid too...but the one-color look ruined 'em both. Dark blue pants would have played off the dark blue sleeves. Maybe slate pants on the road.

That actually happened a few times.

houshmandzadeh2010jpg-03992d29a2c9c365_lnfl_u_houshmandzadeh_b1_200.jpgTennessee+Titans+v+Seattle+Seahawks+yjvw

PvO6ZWJ.png

^ Yeah, that looks every bit as bad as the monochromes. The Seahawks of that era had the same problem the Eagles still have. They have a good, unique color which doesn't work in the way it's used. Both colors look great on the helmets in nearly every setting. However, they had a problem with the jerseys looking much, much darker than the helmets, especially once they got sweaty. I think the only way to rectify this issue would have been for both teams to use the secondary color for the jerseys. The Seahawks should have used a navy jersey with that helmet, and the Eagles the black jersey with theirs. I don't like the Eagles wearing black jerseys, but that would be the best way to utilize the current colors.

As for the Seahawks, not only would a navy jersey have eliminated the monochrome, it would have allowed them to wear their blue pants and end up with a classic football layout: light(er) helmet with matching pants, dark jersey with matching socks. And they could have worn the blue pants home and road, essentially a modern take on what the Niners, Packers, Cowboys, Raiders and Lions do. Also, the navy with slate blue pants would have still given off the "dreary as hell" vibe they were looking for with that set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's not as much of an improvement as I'd imagined...the middle photo shows it best because of the lighting but in some lighting it looks just as bad as the monochrome.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)