Unpopular Opinions

I've never liked logos that were the shape of the thing was created by the letters of the name. It was big in the 70's and I've never seen it done well.

ball-in-glove!

You're right, but that's an exception. The BiG is so good it transcends crappy trends.

I'm mostly talking about cheesy high school logos where it was like the body of a tiger spelled out by the word TIGERS.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only things that are bad about the current Kings set and the Lightning alt are the crests.

I agree, but I think the better option for the Lightning (besides dropping the silly “Bolts" nickname) would be to bring back their old uniforms. I know, people think they're “outdated" by today's standards, but that was the charm of them. It was a unique set that set them apart from their competitors, and it gave them their own identity. Now they seem to try too hard look like an Original Six team (the Minnesota Wild's alternates are another example of this). I've said it before but I'll say it again, a 90s expansion team should look like a 90s expaninsion team, and a historical team should look classic. There is no vise-versa for this. The whole trend of less is more on hockey uniforms need to stop. I don't want the uniforms to be so crazy and awful that they look like something Nike or Addidas made, but I'd like for uniforms to get more creative, instead of just filling a template with a borring design. At least I'll get my creativity fix when the Coyotes bring back their inaugural uniforms for a few games, which believe me, is the only reason to get interested in a Phoenix Coyotes game. Alright, I'm done with my semi-rant.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The only things that are bad about the current Kings set and the Lightning alt are the crests.

I agree, but I think the better option for the Lightning (besides dropping the silly “Bolts" nickname) would be to bring back their old uniforms. I know, people think they're “outdated" by today's standards, but that was the charm of them. It was a unique set that set them apart from their competitors, and it gave them their own identity. Now they seem to try too hard look like an Original Six team (the Minnesota Wild's alternates are another example of this). I've said it before but I'll say it again, a 90s expansion team should look like a 90s expaninsion team, and a historical team should look classic. There is no vise-versa for this. The whole trend of less is more on hockey uniforms need to stop. I don't want the uniforms to be so crazy and awful that they look like something Nike or Addidas made, but I'd like for uniforms to get more creative, instead of just filling a template with a borring design. At least I'll get my creativity fix when the Coyotes bring back their inaugural uniforms for a few games, which believe me, is the only reason to get interested in a Phoenix Coyotes game. Alright, I'm done with my semi-rant.

I agree. As hidious as they were I like those uniforms and when I think of the coyotes those uniforms come to mind. They should've stuck with them.

The Lightning look great. The only problem with their set is that they look like Toronto. In a vacuum, they're the best jerseys they've ever worn.

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The overall design of the Lightning jersey is nice, I like it, but I think they should change the colors. I liked the old scheme, predominately silver and black with maybe some blue trim. The silver and black always reminded me of what those Central Florida thunderstorms look like, they fit the name perfectly.

Wx-Dark-Clouds-Downtown-Orlando-Rob-Hubl

niagaraq.png

The Lightning look great. The only problem with their set is that they look like Toronto. In a vacuum, they're the best jerseys they've ever worn.

I agree. They may look like a love-child of the Leafs and Wings, but at least they actually look god, something that can't be said about any of their previous looks. Though, I wish they still had the victory stripes on the underarms and the Florida state outline on the shoulder patch.

Yeah I totally agree. I really like the new logo, and I hated the old one. Overall it's a beautiful, clean and simple look. It's just a shame they couldn't have varied the striping patterns a little to avoid the obvious comparisons to Toronto and Detroit.

Yes, the Cardinals' black jersey is very much BFBS. They've had black accents on the road jerseys for a while, and in the recent rebrand they added black outlines to the home jersey and some black piping, too. Still, they are the Cardinals and their identity has always been cardinal red. Them taking the field in white helmets and pants with a black jersey, with a tiny bit of red you can't see from any distance is definitely not any kind of organic alternate for them. I'm only surprised they didn't double down on stupid and pair them with black pants, to make the players that much more intimidating.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the Cardinals, Ravens (when worn with white pants) and Eagles black 3rds are the best of their sets.

Especially Arizona. I think the home and roads are atrocious but love the black ones.

It's not BFBS when it's part of the teams color scheme.

I agrre on ravens and eagles. I just got a black eagles jersey the other week in fact :D

I'm a total "watcher" of this site. Love the concepts and the stories behind logos. I can't draw or design for :censored:.

But as far as an unpopular opinion goes....

Am I the only one who loves the Chiefs in all red??

• Like 1