Unpopular Opinions

I love the 90's NBA trend of putting a vertical stripe on only one side of the uniform, and I really like these too:nhl_g_kovalchuk_576.jpg

Very sleek.

I like the pre-edge ones better.

Thrashers05.png

The Thrashers had beautiful uniforms before Edge.

I would love to own one of those alternates. A lot of people seem to think they're bad, but I think that they're one of the best looking alternates in the history of alternate uniforms.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I would love to own one of those alternates. A lot of people seem to think they're bad, but I think that they're one of the best looking alternates in the history of alternate uniforms.

As the owner of an authentic, I second this. The pictures really don't them justice.

Those powder blues are hideous, and genuinely cause me stress as someone with OCD about symmetry.

You want to talk about OCD on jersey symmetry...it even bothers me that the little arrows that run through the stripes on the primaries cause asymmetry. Technically,

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the Tennessee Titans' helmet logo would like better without the flames. Honestly I've always been a little confused as to why they decided to include flames on the logo. Seems unnecessary.

I think they would look better as well, but I believe the flames have something to do with the Olympic torch or something. You know... that's part of the Olympics? That came from Greece? And Nashville being known as the "Athens of the South"? And also where the name "Titans" came from? Possible speculation, I know, but it's just a hunch.

What really annoys me most of the time can be summed up with one name: Brandiose! Not sure if this is an unpopular view, but to me they are killing the logo world (at least in MiLB) because I feel like ALL of their logos end up looking the same. PLEASE let us have a few new designers that can dares to step away from more of this.

Not sure what kind of unpopular opinion this is, but I hate the Cowboys "Double Star" uniform they used (for the 75th NFL anniversary and several Thanksgiving Day games). I much preferred the 1960s throwbacks.

3.JPG

The major flaw with that jersey is that the inside of the shoulder star needs to be blue, not white (like the '94 white version). From memory rbk and their manufacturer really mangled that look compared to the original apex versions in terms of consistent star placement, sleeve proportions, and nameplates much like they did with the bengals pre nike.

What really annoys me most of the time can be summed up with one name: Brandiose! Not sure if this is an unpopular view, but to me they are killing the logo world (at least in MiLB) because I feel like ALL of their logos end up looking the same. PLEASE let us have a few new designers that can dares to step away from more of this.

Being a huge minor-league baseball fan, I agree with this statement. A lot of these teams do look very similar, some so much it's scary.

This really isn't an unpopular opinion, but more an observation based on things I've seen. Would it be wrong to say that the Hartford Whalers are more popular know than they ever were when they existed? When you consider all the vintage logo merchandise for the Whalers and how well it sells, along with the mystique of representing a non-existent team, would that assessment of the Whalers' post-mortem popularity be incorrect?

Hard to say they're more popular than when they were actually staging professional hockey games, but more appreciated would certainly fit. The Whalers were never as poorly supported as their "enlightened" detractors make them out to be; they had a very good television deal that gave them coverage throughout most of New England and modest attendance figures that only seem terrible now because the NHL has since switched to fabricating its attendance figures rather than using anything remotely factual.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Being a huge minor-league baseball fan, I agree with this statement. A lot of these teams do look very similar, some so much it's scary.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Brandiose keeps getting a lot of publicity for their logos and it bothers me. Heck, even my own logos for various fantasy leagues and such are starting to be influenced by their repetition!

Okay, this is probably a highly unpopular opinion, but whatever. This?

barry-sanders-7.gif

Wordswordswordswordswordswordswords. Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah. Yadayadayadayadayada, etc.

Sorry, I didn't read all that... I was was too busy staring at the best uniform in football.

Fixed that for both of you. B)
Seeing that picture really reminds me that Detroit's uniforms look like garbage now.

Okay, this is probably a highly unpopular opinion, but whatever. This?barry-sanders-7.gif

Wordswordswordswordswordswordswords. Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah. Yadayadayadayadayada, etc.

Sorry, I didn't read all that... I was was too busy staring at the best uniform in football.

Fixed that for both of you. B)
Seeing that picture really reminds me that Detroit's uniforms look like garbage now.
I wouldn't say that they look like garbage, but the black trim is very unnecessary.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Getting rid of the side panels and adding a hem stripe would go a long way towards improving that Thrashers jersey.

The only thing that could improve those jerseys would be a lighter and a bucket of gasoline.

• Like 2

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12